Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Quality Wings 757

Does anyone know if it is possible at all, to import FSC v9 -created flight plans into the Quality Wings 757 FMC? I can import into all PMDG,default FSX,and Level-D aircraft but cannot do it for the QW757.Grateful for any tips,hints,help,etc.

Does anyone know if it is possible at all, to import FSC v9 -created flight plans into the Quality Wings 757 FMC? I can import into all PMDG,default FSX,and Level-D aircraft but cannot do it for the QW757.Grateful for any tips,hints,help,etc.
I haven't used FSC in a while, Rick. Can you export plans to the native FSX .pln format? If so, you can use them with the QW 757 that way. Load the flight through the native FSX planner, then choose "LOAD ATC RTE" (or something like that) in the 757's FMC.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Export your FSC flight plan into the FS Flight Planner. Then in the QW757 FMC click InitRef then Index and then Load ATC Rte.Bob

I haven't used FSC in a while, Rick. Can you export plans to the native FSX .pln format? If so, you can use them with the QW 757 that way. Load the flight through the native FSX planner, then choose "LOAD ATC RTE" (or something like that) in the 757's FMC.
Export your FSC flight plan into the FS Flight Planner. Then in the QW757 FMC click InitRef then Index and then Load ATC Rte.Bob
Thanks a bunch, Bill and Bob for your assists.Yes,I can export an FSC v9 created plan to FSX's flight plans folder. However,when I was in the QW757 and looked at the flight plans option in its FMC,I could not get it to look into the FSX folder,so I had to input each waypoint manually. Nevertheless, I will try your suggestions and come back with the outcome

Thanks a bunch, Bill and Bob for your assists.Yes,I can export an FSC v9 created plan to FSX's flight plans folder. However,when I was in the QW757 and looked at the flight plans option in its FMC,I could not get it to look into the FSX folder,so I had to input each waypoint manually. Nevertheless, I will try your suggestions and come back with the outcome
The trick is to load the plan in the FSX flight planner. Once that's done, it's available to the QW FMC as well.By the way, you need to export as a .pln (FSX flight plan), and not in any other format. When it comes to browsing plans in the QW FMC's plan list, those need to be in the QW .rte format. It's easiest to just do it as we've described above. Once you've loaded the FSX plan, however, it's my understanding that you can then save it through the FMC in the .rte format for future use.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

The trick is to load the plan in the FSX flight planner. Once that's done, it's available to the QW FMC as well.By the way, you need to export as a .pln (FSX flight plan), and not in any other format. When it comes to browsing plans in the QW FMC's plan list, those need to be in the QW .rte format. It's easiest to just do it as we've described above. Once you've loaded the FSX plan, however, it's my understanding that you can then save it through the FMC in the .rte format for future use.
QW757 FMC will also display and load .pln, and .xml files if they are placed in the FS../QualityWings/FlightPlans folder.But I think the best advice has been given already. Load it into the FSPlanner first, then the QW FMC. Then you don't have to worryabout placing the files in the right folder for the QW757 FMC.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

QW757 FMC will also display and load .pln, and .xml files if they are placed in the FS../QualityWings/FlightPlans folder.But I think the best advice has been given already. Load it into the FSPlanner first, then the QW FMC. Then you don't have to worryabout placing the files in the right folder for the QW757 FMC.Regards.Ernie.
Once again,my thanks to you Bill,and you Ernie.In fact just completed a flight from LEPA to EGCC from whence I had my very first flight in an Inter-European 757-200(the guy who founded easyJet,his first venture into airline aviation,later sold to Airtours,which eventually evolved to MyTravel)using exactly the methods that you guys suggested,and it all worked smoothly.Just a wild shot in the dark,does anyone know where I can lay my hands on that Inter-European repaint?