Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

AMS Cancun 2011 serious memory leak

Just writing to let everyone know AMS's Cancun has a serious memory leak issue that becomes apparent when trying to depart the airport. This is what took out FDC on my system which has never worked since. I wrote the developers over at AMS hoping they fix this issue. This scenery is great but it can take take down FS9 hard actually breaking things on your system. Beware...I'm not the only seeing this as I found this thread when looking for a solution.http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=195030

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

HiI don't have this scenery, but as I explore a lot about memleak, could you please try this:1. Copy all textures from scenery/world/texture (I suggest to copy all because I don't know which textures are used by MMUN) to scenery/Namw/textureBefore doing that make backup, just in case.Try and report here.If problem is with missing textures, mem usage should go down.RegardsEdin

HiI don't have this scenery, but as I explore a lot about memleak, could you please try this:1. Copy all textures from scenery/world/texture (I suggest to copy all because I don't know which textures are used by MMUN) to scenery/Namw/textureBefore doing that make backup, just in case.Try and report here.If problem is with missing textures, mem usage should go down.RegardsEdin
I don't know if I want to try too much with this scenery at this point until the developer fixes the issue. This scenery has already corrupted my FDC (Flight Deck Companion) install to a point the program is unusable no matter how many times I uninstall it and reinstall it. It just crashes with a 'Run-Time 5' error on startup. The only good thing to come out of all this is I discovered Flight2Crew. The downside there is F2Crew only works with the aircraft each package was designed for. I'm currently trying to work with OnCourse Software to get FDC back up and running.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2