Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

G3D.dll CTD related to Virtual memory?

well i get CTD smartassembly g3d.dll ,about 80nm from EDDM and sometimes OOM in EGLL with traffic. will have a third testflight now with 5% UT2 traffic. I do have Autogen on extreme as it gives me better and smoother frames but i have compensated with 0% fsx traffic Aircraft is NGX 4,2 I7-950HD5870 1GBWin 7 64 bit SSD128GB6GB 1600 RAMRaptor 300 GB FSX

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I struggle with the g3d.dll also ... I have no ORBX stuff installed an could produce the g3d.dll for 100% on the TULSI/RTT approach RW 26 on Aerosofts LOWI.I don't blame the Addon for it, but it for me an testing point and also very sad as LOWI is one of the best approaches. I have tried several approaches on the problem:- removed enb and antilag - lowered LOD to default - disabled aircraft and self shadowing - disabled addon meshes for the area - lowered REX cloud textures (don't use the REX weather enige, just ASE) - lowered water - let FSX fsx.cfg rebuild My system:win7 64, 10GB RAM, clocked stabe to 4.2 watercolled, GTX 470, FSX accelerationI have (except Traffic) everything maxed or nearly maxed with very good frames.Tweaks ar only HIGHMEMFIX and bufferpoold = 0 With every option I thought to have the problem cured, but after some approaches into LOWI it happenend again... An it happens always at xact the same location!!! that is that what bothers me the most..And happens nowhere else... So, I really d'like to see this search and discussion going on in the hope to find a solution ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you please test something: inserting

[sCENERY]// To show alerts or areas, set to = 1// To hide alerts or areas, set to = 0// Alert for missing texturesShowMissingTextureAlert=1// Alert for missing objectsMissingLibraryAlert=1// Render Trigger areas as visible boxesShowTriggers=1

in the fsx.cfg and fly into the Area where you get the g3d.dll crashes. I get on LOWI Approach the following"Scenery Library Object not found {GUID 12345456 ....}" (just an example" You get maybe otherwhere other messages about images etc.But I'm interested if the G3D.dll issue could be something with missing library objects of addons... Btw: I can't say it for 100% but having this enabled and getting the message prevents from g3d.dll crash till now.After the message you could go further with your flight.But I have to do some more tests and this is of course no solution!!!It just could probably show if there's something with missing or defekt library objects... But all of the above is just guessing...thanks!

Guenter Steiner

As far as I can speak for my problem with LOWI (have anywhere else g3d.dll errors till now) I have found a nice and akzeptable "workaround": If you insert this lines I posted above, but disable Texture Alert and Triggers (you could of course leave the lines also complete out)ShowMissingTextureAlert=0MissingLibraryAlert=1ShowTriggers=0 This prevents you from getting too much messages about textures etc. But instead of a g3d.dll crash I get now a message for missing library objects.Hitting "ok" and I can continue my flight!!! As I said: thats now just valid for my personal LOWI problem till now.But maybe it is a good point to try that in ORBX areas also....!? Hope it helps someone...

Guenter Steiner

As far as I can speak for my problem with LOWI (have anywhere else g3d.dll errors till now) I have found a nice and akzeptable "workaround": If you insert this lines I posted above, but disable Texture Alert and Triggers (you could of course leave the lines also complete out)ShowMissingTextureAlert=0MissingLibraryAlert=1ShowTriggers=0 This prevents you from getting too much messages about textures etc. But instead of a g3d.dll crash I get now a message for missing library objects.Hitting "ok" and I can continue my flight!!! As I said: thats now just valid for my personal LOWI problem till now.But maybe it is a good point to try that in ORBX areas also....!? Hope it helps someone...
I'll try this out, what exactly happens when the message pops up? Does fsx freeze until you answer OK? Does the popup appear in fullscreen mode? Just curious

yes, FSX is "freezing" ... but no problem at all: FSX is getting black while the white little message box appears... like all other message boxes, or like the scenery loading window at startup.Hitting ok and go on....

Guenter Steiner

yes, FSX is "freezing" ... but no problem at all: FSX is getting black while the white little message box appears... like all other message boxes, or like the scenery loading window at startup.Hitting ok and go on....
Short test in orbx scenery around ksea where I get the g3d.dll error 100% of the time, and it worked, a quick message poped up I said OK and then continued to fly, I linked this topic over at the orbx forums in the hope that more folks would test, I would rather have a popp up then a ctd.

Short test in orbx scenery around ksea where I get the g3d.dll error 100% of the time, and it worked, a quick message poped up I said OK and then continued to fly, I linked this topic over at the orbx forums in the hope that more folks would test, I would rather have a popp up then a ctd.
In case you didn't see my post in your other thread, I put this into my cfg and while I was on approach into KSEA I got an error message but was able to hit ok and continue. Then about 30 secs later I got another one but before I could hit ok, it crashed. Got any ideas as to why this happened?

First it is very good, that this "helps" maybe by others, too ...

Got any ideas as to why this happened?
Have you inserted and activated ALL 3 debuggers, or just the "library"-one? Having all 3 activated generates much more messages, you don't need.Indeed this should not lead to a crash ... My "solution" maybe only works for library-object related g3d.dll-crashes;it surely could be that you encounter other g3d.dll errors too ... could be triggered in many ways. Was the crash g3d.dll related?

Guenter Steiner

Yes, it is the g3d.dll module every time. I guess i am getting crashes from the the library-objects as well as other stuff. It is possible some files have been corrupted in the Orbx scenery... I don't know. I'm not sure if re-installing the scenery would help though.

Could you please test something: inserting
[sCENERY]// To show alerts or areas, set to = 1// To hide alerts or areas, set to = 0// Alert for missing texturesShowMissingTextureAlert=1// Alert for missing objectsMissingLibraryAlert=1// Render Trigger areas as visible boxesShowTriggers=1

in the fsx.cfg and fly into the Area where you get the g3d.dll crashes. I get on LOWI Approach the following"Scenery Library Object not found {GUID 12345456 ....}" (just an example" You get maybe otherwhere other messages about images etc.But I'm interested if the G3D.dll issue could be something with missing library objects of addons... Btw: I can't say it for 100% but having this enabled and getting the message prevents from g3d.dll crash till now.After the message you could go further with your flight.But I have to do some more tests and this is of course no solution!!!It just could probably show if there's something with missing or defekt library objects... But all of the above is just guessing...thanks!

Did not help me. I am seeing G3D.DLL every day know. Will try go a big around EHAM and starting all over because i have never seen anything like this before . Where is the Aerosoft scenery updates btw. cant find a link to them anywhere I am so lost with OOM (4gb VAS issue) and this CTD G3D.dll . This time it was before BOMBI near LOWI but last time it was just after the RTT on descend /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

The LOWI update is on the Aerosoft Updates page in your user account. I just want to make clear:this MissingLibraryAlert=1 just worked for me with the LOWI crahses and a few other reported it works with some ORBX stuff, too! the reason behind could(!) be:under normal circumstances FSX would not have any problems with missing library objects and you would not notice it.With the message enabled you get the chance maybe to relieve the FSX engine before it could crash.I also was able to trigger a crash with the message enabled flying the NGX with maximum settings.So, our maxed out, tweaked FSX Sims are on a thin line between crash and no crash ... from my side there's no more idea with this G3D.dll thing...sorry!

Guenter Steiner

The LOWI update is on the Aerosoft Updates page in your user account. I just want to make clear:this MissingLibraryAlert=1 just worked for me with the LOWI crahses and a few other reported it works with some ORBX stuff, too! the reason behind could(!) be:under normal circumstances FSX would not have any problems with missing library objects and you would not notice it.With the message enabled you get the chance maybe to relieve the FSX engine before it could crash.I also was able to trigger a crash with the message enabled flying the NGX with maximum settings.So, our maxed out, tweaked FSX Sims are on a thin line between crash and no crash ... from my side there's no more idea with this G3D.dll thing...sorry!
Well i only get the "an error has accured windows" is restarting FSX even with this line added to fsx.cfg. One more crash from LSZH to LOWI on descent indbound OEV16 with the NGX from PMDG /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

My mistake. I had put it in the wrong position in fsx.cfg. Landed at Innsbruck with the option instead of crash Thanks but we want to find the problem right ? /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks but we want to find the problem right ?
especially for LOWI the patch solves the problem (on my system for 100%)

Guenter Steiner