Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Holy Cow Batman, there's Pigs in the Air.

This is as close to a real P-8A Poseidon as you will see for a long time. Check out the body work and special attachments. Very special indeed thanks to the creative touches and talents of our very own Chock (avsim great). Still being tested but will surely pass inspection in a week or so.RayChock5.jpgChock3.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Its looking really good. Big%20Grin.gif

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Yup, it's on the 800, no real way to alter the wingtips, although I did conisder blagging that by using an alpha channel to give them the raked slant, but it would have reduced the wingspan a bit too much, so I didn't bother.I'll stick the files up to the Avsim library later on, just in case anyone wants it. I recommend getting the CS Weapon add-on for it, that way it will actually have some teeth.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yup, it's on the 800, no real way to alter the wingtips, although I did conisder blagging that by using an alpha channel to give them the raked slant, but it would have reduced the wingspan a bit too much, so I didn't bother.I'll stick the files up to the Avsim library later on, just in case anyone wants it. I recommend getting the CS Weapon add-on for it, that way it will actually have some teeth.Al
That is STUNNING! :( :( :(

Just uploaded it to Avsim's file library, so it should be there in a day or so, but in the meantime if anyone wants it, the textures can be found at the link below, although that has no install instructions unlike the zip file that went up to Avsim's file library, so make sure you know what you are doing if you get those files, notably the fact that you need to use the config info below because it will only work correctly on the right model type:Poseidon[fltsim.10]title=737-800 (Normal screen) Poseidonsim=iFly737_800_27kmodel=panel=normalsound=texture=Poseidonkb_checklists=iFly737NG_CHECKkb_reference=atc_id=ATL67atc_airline=USNatc_flight_number=67ui_manufacturer=iFlyui_type="Boeing 737-800 (Normal screen)"ui_variation="Poseidon"ui_createdby="iFly Development Team"ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"description=iFly Jets: The 737NG v1.0 for Flight Simulator X\n\nAircraft by iFly Developer Team\nNavData from http:\/\/www.navdata.at\/\n\nforum: http:\/\/ifly.flight1.net\/forums\/\nemail: support@iflysimsoft.comvisual_damage=1MyConfig=iFly738_4

Alan Bradbury

It just occurred to me that Ray's now going to want that new Just Flight Comet painted up as a Nimrod; that's gonna be tricky to pull off with just textures :( Al

Alan Bradbury

It just occurred to me that Ray's now going to want that new Just Flight Comet painted up as a Nimrod; that's gonna be tricky to pull off with just textures :( Al
Actually, I was hoping for a few Ruskie subs and maybe a new Chinese nuke or two cruising the Orbx Pacific Northwest. I'm still looking for a home base for the Poseidon - it really needs to be in the good scenery area - maybe close to the Hood Canal. There are a couple of NAS and a Coast Guard station that are on the short list.You are correct about the CaptainSims Weapon - the stars must be properly aligned for me. There is a up and coming custom scenery designer just outside Orlando that I may be able to talk into adding the subs. I really do like the iFly 737 NGX more each day. I'm also slowly adding more MAIW AI bases and military aircraft to my fsx. I have a new friend in Canada that has been super generous in sharing a lot of his custom conversions from FS9. That coupled with the UT2 traffic just makes it more realistic every day. I have KBIX just humming with a new AFCAD and tons of realistic military traffic on real flight plans.Just wait a day or so and checkout the latest custom features that AivlaSoft will be introducing specifically for the NGX for their Electronic Flight Bag. It should make using the iFly FMC almost second nature. I had asked one of their whiz designers to try to add the rt2 features in the next SP2 - I'm guessing it should be included in this next release also.More fun than a tornado in a trailer park.Ray

Actually, I'm just knocking up a mission for it right now. I'm calling it 'When NGs Attack!' lolFor some completely unexplained reason, there's a United States Navy P-8 Poseidon based at Liverpool John Lennon Airport that's got to attack a ferry out in the Irish Sea. ferry.jpgActually, it's pretty tricky to get a missile lock in the B737 because it's not exactly the most maneuverable aircraft in the world, but it is hilarious flying it 100 feet off the water popping missiles at AI boats. I think I might stick the radar scope from the Wilco Harrier on it so I can get a better line on targets.Al

Alan Bradbury

Actually, I'm just knocking up a mission for it right now. I'm calling it 'When NGs Attack!' lolFor some completely unexplained reason, there's a United States Navy P-8 Poseidon based at Liverpool John Lennon Airport that's got to attack a ferry out in the Irish Sea. Actually, it's pretty tricky to get a missile lock in the B737 because it's not exactly the most maneuverable aircraft in the world, but it is hilarious flying it 100 feet off the water popping missiles at AI boats. I think I might stick the radar scope from the Wilco Harrier on it so I can get a better line on targets.Al
Rumor has it the Navy Seal Team 6 is training with a stealthy P8-B. They have it radar friendly, stall speed about 10 kts, and on floats. Can deploy a greyhound bus on a stretch of Interstate and pluck a Cessna 182 or Cirrus SR22 right out of mid-air. Only 2.1 Billion each. (Obama dollars). That is approx. $60 Million in real dollars.The Cloaking version won't be available until about a month after PMDG releases their NGX. Drats.Ray

You know, something tells me you guys are not taking this NG threat anywhere serious enough :(

I don't know. I've got my scanner set to the UN Security Council channel and there is a lot of chatter about this whole operation. Something about appropriating one of these babies to patrol off Somalia - - - I thought I even heard the term "turkey shoot" - - - but you know us boys from SC - - everything has the potential of turning into some sort of contest, as in, "Hey y'all - watch this!"John

I'm curious now though... With Almost no other Ifly NG repaints appearing, I assumed it was wasn't possible without them releasing a paint kit.If it IS possible, how come we haven't seen a whole load of paints?

I'm curious now though... With Almost no other Ifly NG repaints appearing, I assumed it was wasn't possible without them releasing a paint kit.If it IS possible, how come we haven't seen a whole load of paints?
They're coming...check here: iFly 737 repaints

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png