AVSIM Publications - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
|DID YOU KNOW?|
File Library Updates!
The AVSIM File Library System will send you an email everyday at midnight EDT (0500 UTC) providing you a list of files, and direct links to those files, uploaded over the previous 24 hours by community contributors. Never miss a day of AVSIM Library uploads again! Sign up is easy and free. You can subscribe to the email list here.
- (UK) Take On Helicopters - bundle edition 90% off!
- Don't miss MMMX!
- Taxi2Gate Mexico City 40% off
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- Drzewiecki Design 30% off
- Aerosoft Presidents Day Sale
- Save money by pre-ordering Canberra PR9
- Milviz 350i on Presale Discount
- Aerosoft 737 Cockpit Builder Suite Source Code
- Kingston 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive $129.00 for 24 hours
- VRinsight MCP Combo II
- Flight Assignment: A.T.P.
- BUTTKICKER Gamer II
- Anyone have a used TrackIR they want to part with?
- Wanted - Trim wheel
- Sim rig pc parts
- Used EVGA GTX480
- Wanted : standing column yoke
- Ifly 737NGX Cockpit Builders Edition
- PFC Cirrus Flight Console (Serial Port) + PFC Pedals - $600 + Shipping
Magnetic variation updates for FS9 and FSX!
131 replies to this topic
Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:38 PM
I'm not sure how I never knew about this, but someone created new magdec.bgl files for both FS9 and FSX that update both sims to the latest real world variation data. If you've ever wondered why the extended runway centerline on the ND doesn't line up with the waypoints of the approach - this is the reason. Both sims have old magnetic variation data while the positions of waypoints in the navdata are calculated using the current variation data.Download it here at the upper left and read the instructions - I'm using the 2010 files now for both sims and the stuff on the ND is way closer to how it should be now.http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.htmlKudos to whoever did this!
Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:44 AM
Ummm, what PMDG 737 in FSX are you referring to? PMDG have not yet released their 737 for FSX - it's still in Beta testing!
It doens't fix the ILS offset with the PMDG 737 in FSX... But great update of the nav data base thanks Ryan and back to work now!! http://static.avsim.net/forum/public/sty...
Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:53 AM
It is possible to get the FS9 version to work in FSX but nowhere near 100%. I got the files from somewhere and it didn't take me long to reinstall FS9 !!Great find Ryan - and be sure to look at the home page guys - lots of other good stuff there.