Sign in to follow this  
out

PSS 777 new VC textures

Good news to all those of us who still fly the old PSS 777 due to the lack of a better/newer version of the tripple seven.One of our talented Russian friends, Frost 77, created a set of replacement textures for PSS 777 virtual cockpit.They are both day and night time textures. You can grab them here:http://www.avsim.su/...on=download&hl=For those unfamiliar with Russian, click this to start downloading:avsu.jpgI also prepared a quick pair (day and night) of screenshots showing the main part of the VC panel BEFORE (upper) and AFTER (lower) the replacement:comparisonday.jpgcomparisonnight.jpgI don't know about you, but I like it very much.I haven't made any flight yet, just some ground virtual tour.So check and judge it for yourselves. Of course make backup copies.Enjoy! :(

• Upvote 1

Looks good!I sore these earlier today as well - Will try them ASAP (haven't had free time yet).Thanks to the author!

Thanks for the link - they look good!

Graeme Butler

Great catch, I gratefully say thanks as well...For the record I like the original night textures but the new updated day textures are a huge improvement...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I like the original night textures
I also liked the original night textures. Tastes should not be discussed, that's as clear as crystal.But you must admit, Les, the new ones make also the night cockpit look much closer to reality.Here's the night comparison once again, this time with a third photo, showing a real 777 flightdeck image:comparisonnight2.jpgAll in all I'm glad we have these great textures now and I'm glad I could share my joy with you, gentlemen! :smile:I like the new tex so much that I will park my iFly (first time since I bought it half a year ago!) and make a flight on the 777...

Many thanks to Frost 77 for these replacements, as the balsa wood VC textures were one of the main weak points of the PSS bird. These look terrific!

John G.

Thanks as well Rafal, and of course Frost! This is a real uptick in vc quality for the old bird!

Regards,

Mark

TY for the HU on this,Another guy did them for the PSS 757 and they looks awesome as well.http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-aircraft-liveries-and-textures-39/pss-boeing-757-vc-repaint-29306.html?action=download&hl=PSS%20Virtual%20Cockpit :(

Finally found some free time to test these out.

WOW! - its a vast improvement over the original VC textures. Like for the original PSS 777 VC textures I removed the mipmaps from these new ones so that they don't appear blurry in places. Also saved them as DXT3 and they load faster and take up less space with no visible loss of quality in the VC.

Very happy with the new-looking VC, its great work by the author! 

Like for the original PSS 777 VC textures I removed the mipmaps from these new ones so that they don't appear blurry in places. Also saved them as DXT3 and they load load faster and take up less space with no visible loss of quality in the VC
Thanks for the good advice, Momtchil. I'll do the same.And yes, the improvement is incredible. Feels like a brand new cockpit.

But you must admit, Les, the new ones make also the night cockpit look much closer to reality.Here's the night comparison once again, this time with a third photo, showing a real 777 flightdeck image:comparisonnight2.jpg
If we're going to go with comparisons to the real photo, both the update and the original textures fail greatly in comparison. At least we finally have decent day time textures...

FS2020 

If we're going to go with comparisons to the real photo, both the update and the original textures fail greatly in comparison. At least we finally have decent day time textures...
I don't think they fail greatly - the new textures (including the new night ones) make the PSS 777 VC look visually much closer to the real thing. I like them.

I don't think they fail greatly - the new textures (including the new night ones) make the PSS 777 VC look visually much closer to the real thing. I like them.
Let me clarify my statement. The updated day textures are all but perfect. On my system the updated night textures don't look as good as the picture shown above let alone the real photo shown above (if that make since). All the pictures shown here look great but in FS9 the original PSS textures seem to look better on the eyes. The updated main panel doesn't seem to match the other lighting in the cockpit. Again I'm grateful for the freeware effort and to each his own. I really feel the new day textures added new life to this aged FS9 777 which is our only option to date when it comes to a full functional VC.

FS2020 

to each his own
Just as you say, Les.I hope others like the new textures as much as I do. :(

Just as you say, Les.I hope others like the new textures as much as I do. :(
Hey Rafal why don't you guys post some screenshots of your cockpits night cockpits (night, dusk, and dawn) at different angles? Maybe somethings not right on my end. :(

FS2020