Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

MD-11 Issue

First off I have had HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the FSX.cfg file under [GRAPHICS] for about 4 months. These screenshots were taken within the last month. This issue with the MD-11 has existed on two computers, two operating systems (Vista 32 and Windows7 64 bit), three graphics cards GT220, GTX 285, GTX 580, two FSX Gold installations from two different sets of DVDs' and numerous uninstalls and reintalls of various combinations of FSX and addons. The first shot can be corrected if aught in the climb phase by pressing the Esc key and then clicking on Continue Flying when the FSX End Flight Box appears. The next shot is what happens if I try the Esc key and Continue Flying when not in the climb phase. It's a good thing the MD-11 can do autolands and this was not a VFR approach and landing. The third shot is on the runway at KTPA with a ground speed of 0. After I had taken these shots I preesed the Esc key and clicked on Continue Flying and everything became normal. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

You are obviously getting a graphic corruption. The first things that I would try is to try some older NVida drivers. If those don't fix it, try the beta drivers for your card.

You are obviously getting a graphic corruption. The first things that I would try is to try some older NVida drivers. If those don't fix it, try the beta drivers for your card.
The oldest driver I can find on the Nvidia website is May 2010. I will try that one and see what happens. I have been told to leave the beta drivers and the current driver alone. I was thinking maybe it was a problem with MD-11 installer since this has essentially existed from the time I downloaded the MD-11 from PMDG and installed it.This is going to take a while since this problem occurs about every tenth flight and I fly the MD-11 everyother day on 9-13 hour flights.

hi,i am nearly sure this is an error based on a misstweaked fsx.cfg.

First off I have had HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the FSX.cfg file under [GRAPHICS] for about 4 months. These screenshots were taken within the last month. This issue with the MD-11 has existed on two computers, two operating systems (Vista 32 and Windows7 64 bit), three graphics cards GT220, GTX 285, GTX 580, two FSX Gold installations from two different sets of DVDs' and numerous uninstalls and reintalls of various combinations of FSX and addons. The first shot can be corrected if aught in the climb phase by pressing the Esc key and then clicking on Continue Flying when the FSX End Flight Box appears. The next shot is what happens if I try the Esc key and Continue Flying when not in the climb phase. It's a good thing the MD-11 can do autolands and this was not a VFR approach and landing. The third shot is on the runway at KTPA with a ground speed of 0. After I had taken these shots I preesed the Esc key and clicked on Continue Flying and everything became normal. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be?
i read that you already did the highmemfix entry. did you remember to also delete the shader folders? otherwise i am not sure if the entry will make a difference. just a thought.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

you now what, it's funny but i am now starting to see those same issues. a couple of days ago in the 744 (VC became partially transparent) and today with the MD11 after a 2 hour flight.i also have the highmemfix 'tweak' and had no problems for quite a while. but i installed fsinn a week ago - that is just coming to my mind as i am typing this. i wonder if that is related. to you have fsinn installed?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

you now what, it's funny but i am now starting to see those same issues. a couple of days ago in the 744 (VC became partially transparent) and today with the MD11 after a 2 hour flight.i also have the highmemfix 'tweak' and had no problems for quite a while. but i installed fsinn a week ago - that is just coming to my mind as i am typing this. i wonder if that is related. to you have fsinn installed?
DennisI don't have fsinn installed. After I started this topic I submitted the fsx.cfg file to this site http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html and used the cfg file I got from venetubo. It was not to correct this problem but just to see what their changes would do. I made some minor changes in the file I received back such as tool tips, shadows, etc. The changes made a significant difference in the first image. Now I only have a wing that is perpendicular to the MD-11.Images 2 and 3 have not occurred since this topic was started. The odd thing about image 1 is that that problem only occurs when the origin airport is on the west coast of the U.S.- namely KLAX, KSFO, or KSEA. I thought maybe it had to do with the fact that KLAX is in MegaSceneryX, KSFO is an addon, KSEA is in ORBX PNW. I thought maybe the plane, the secenery, and the weather was too much for the graphics card to handle. But the origin airports in the east are EHAM, EDDF, and EDDM which are all addon airports and I have no problem ithe MD-11 there.Michael Cubine

hi Michael,i have the problem in europe, too. i am flying mega airport eddf with vfr germany (photoreal scenery like megascenery). last weekend i went from eddf to lepa (mallorca photoreal and add on airport) and had the problem just after landing (at least that's when i noticed). yes it may be too much for the video card to handle but it has been working flawlessly since that highmem fix entry for quite a while. but then again i haven't been doing much more than taking off and landing lately, not really going from a to b. hmmm.maybe it's the combination of addon airports AND photoreal scenery?what changes to your .cfg were made on that website?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

hi Michael,i have the problem in europe, too. i am flying mega airport eddf with vfr germany (photoreal scenery like megascenery). last weekend i went from eddf to lepa (mallorca photoreal and add on airport) and had the problem just after landing (at least that's when i noticed). yes it may be too much for the video card to handle but it has been working flawlessly since that highmem fix entry for quite a while. but then again i haven't been doing much more than taking off and landing lately, not really going from a to b. hmmm.maybe it's the combination of addon airports AND photoreal scenery?what changes to your .cfg were made on that website?
DennisI don't remeber everthing that was changed in the cfg file but along with the new cfg file you can look at a list of the changes made. And then you can install the new cfg file if it is acceptable. Your current cfg file will not be replaced unless you do it yourself. You can take a look at this thread for an idea as to what is going on. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/297361-bojotes-tweak-compilation/ Be sure to backup your current cfg if your decide to use the new one. Michael Cubine

i will give it a look when i get the time. for now i uninstalled fsinn and i did two flights without problems. will need to test more but it seems that ever since i installed fsinn fsx just got unstable (even crashed a few times) and i had those graphics issues. i had no problems before fsinn whatsoever. it's a shame though because now i can't fly on vatsim. :(

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

DennisI didn't even know what FSinn was until I googled it and read about it. Not setup correctly it looks like it could cause problems. Even setup correctly it just looks like a problem waiting to happen.I thought I had found a solution to image1 by using a non-HD liveriey. After three test flights out of KLAX everything was fine. I then tried a KLAX-EDDF flight. A spot view showned no cargo doors with cargo containers stacked on the wiings and trailing behind the plane.Michael Cubine

Hi All,Michael brought this topic to my attention after I posted this:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/337808-strange-graphics-issue/For me, it appears to be something slightly different, as FSInn also seems to be the culprit here. Keep in mind I didnt have this issue with my previous system, but my new system presents these problems.

i installed fsinn per latest step by step installation instructions from their forum. so i think i installed it properly.if i have to fly without fsinn then so be it. i don't have much time to get on the computer anyways so i will be okay flying offline only. it's a shame though because i just got fsinn to the point where it was using the UT2 aircraft which look very good and even displayed most of the online traffic as the correct aircraft and paint. i was quite excited, but... squawkbox isn't working, fsinn isn't working, that leaves no options. pretty sad that nobody ever took matters into their own hands and develop a working vatsim client. of course many people get their clients running - but many people don't.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Hey All,I seem to have found a solution to the issue I was having. Seems that more than a few people have had some problems with the latest 275.33 drivers from nVidia. I rolled back to 255.xx from the MSI (my card manufacturers driver) and I seem to be without crazy artifacting now.