Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

747-400X VC

The attached screenshot shows the normal condition of the 744VC. The 2D cockpit is fine. The 748VC and 2D cockpits are fine. This condition has existed on two computers, three graphic cards, two different installations of FSX Gold from two sets of DVD's, and numerious uninstalls of FSX and addons. Does anyone have any ideas on the issue?Thank youMichael Cubine

The attached screenshot shows the normal condition of the 744VC. The 2D cockpit is fine. The 748VC and 2D cockpits are fine. This condition has existed on two computers, three graphic cards, two different installations of FSX Gold from two sets of DVD's, and numerious uninstalls of FSX and addons. Does anyone have any ideas on the issue?Thank youMichael Cubine
Hi Michael, is the aircraft running or the APU started? Did you allow FSX to use the gauges after selecting the 748 for the first time? I will have a look and see if there is a brightness knob that is affecting the displays after I install a new nVidia driver.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Michael, is the aircraft running or the APU started? Did you allow FSX to use the gauges after selecting the 748 for the first time? I will have a look and see if there is a brightness knob that is affecting the displays after I install a new nVidia driver.
It's not just the displays. The FMC is completely missing. Michael i'd recommend submitting a ticket to the PMDG team from their website.

Several days ago I loaded the 744 and the problem was corrected. About 8 hours ago I loaded it and the VC was fine. I just loaded it and the gauges and FMC are black in the VC. I thinks I will submitt a ticket to PMDG.Thank youMichael Cubine

Are you loading it from a saved flight? Try setting up a new flight with the default FSX Cessna & once it's loaded switch to the 744. I once had some odd issues with my gauges & that fixed it.

Are you loading it from a saved flight? Try setting up a new flight with the default FSX Cessna & once it's loaded switch to the 744. I once had some odd issues with my gauges & that fixed it.
Thanks for the suggestion but I am going to submit a support ticket to PMDG.Michael Cubine

I believe the problem had to do with using a livery I downloaded from the Avsim library about a 18 months ago. Either I messed up the installation or it was corrupt. With all the other liveries I have installed the 744 VC works fine. Thanks for your time and help.Michael Cubine

The problem is with the aircraft.cfgUnder the livery you currently have the issue with go to were it says "panel="change is to "panel=vc"That should work because you said the 2d cockpit works fineSteve Johnson

FSX requires a text file named texture.cfg in each of your texture folders. The .cfg contains the following:[fltsim]fallback.1=..\texturefallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texturefallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

\Robert Hamlich/

Yeah, is that a Delta livery where it happens? I got one off of AVSIM that your post made me remember, it did the same thing. Removing the Delta and finding a new one fixed it.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Yeah, is that a Delta livery where it happens? I got one off of AVSIM that your post made me remember, it did the same thing. Removing the Delta and finding a new one fixed it.
yos223That's the one.Michael Cubine

The problem is with the aircraft.cfgUnder the livery you currently have the issue with go to were it says "panel="change is to "panel=vc"That should work because you said the 2d cockpit works fineSteve Johnson
eaglesfanThat change to the cfg file worked fine. I now have a VC on the Delta 744. Thanks very much.Michael Cubine