Sign in to follow this  
Jen

Throttletek throttles

I posted the following on the Hardware, Controllers etc. forum and have had no response. So, I thought I might post it here on this forum:"Anybody have the Throttletek throttles? If so, can you give me a review of what your thoughts are on it." :( Regards,jen

I just bumped into this product while searching for my 737 throttle solution.http://www.mycockpit...-737NG-ThrottleIt would be great if anyone having this product or having any feedback info, can post it here. The NGX is coming baby, we need to be ready with the hardware Nail%20Biting.gif

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I don't want to be a party pooper, but the throttles look very "splayed." What I mean is, they are spread very far apart, and this looks funny.

I posted the following on the Hardware, Controllers etc. forum and have had no response. So, I thought I might post it here on this forum:"Anybody have the Throttletek throttles? If so, can you give me a review of what your thoughts are on it." :( Regards,jen
I don't have these throttles in particular but have been shopping around and watching various forums/reviews. The common advice on these is to make sure you check all the costs up front including things like Paypal fees, carriage and any taxes. Pretty much good reviews of the hardware generally and the support. We will have to wait and see if they are 'plug and play' with the NGX or need software written around the SDK.

I don't have these throttles in particular but have been shopping around and watching various forums/reviews. The common advice on these is to make sure you check all the costs up front including things like Paypal fees, carriage and any taxes. Pretty much good reviews of the hardware generally and the support. We will have to wait and see if they are 'plug and play' with the NGX or need software written around the SDK.
I just ordered the Throttle G737 and it is "plug and play". It is the least expensive throttle quadrant that I could find that replicates the real 737. The next one up that I seen costs about $1300 and looks much less like the real throttle.The G737 can be set up through FSUIPC so it will work on any aircraft simulation.Roberto will clearly tell you all of the costs before you order, but he does charge a 4% Paypal fee (approx. $30) for what Paypal charges him. When he knows your address, he will give you shipping cost.He guarantees the unit for a year. Throttletek G737

I'm also qurious on this product. Feed back would be nice. At first glance it looks interesting.
I don't want to be a party pooper, but the throttles look very "splayed." What I mean is, they are spread very far apart, and this looks funny
Agree. But I'm confident that those handles could be modded closer to one another without too much labour...

I'm also qurious on this product. Feed back would be nice. At first glance it looks interesting.Agree. But I'm confident that those handles could be modded closer to one another without too much labour...
Actually Roberto custimized a set for a customer and added an extra throttle in between the two handels to work for a B727, so I'm sure if that bit of separation is a problem, it can be adjusted.Here is a review that one of the customers posted on the Throttletek forum:Throttletek Review

Lord I would love to buy that, build a 737 sim pit actually........... But it would cost me 100 times that in the divorce alone, wouldn't have any money left for the sim pit, or the throttles.

Actually Roberto custimized a set for a customer and added an extra throttle in between the two handels to work for a B727, so I'm sure if that bit of separation is a problem, it can be adjusted.Here is a review that one of the customers posted on the Throttletek forum:Throttletek Review
That's interesting. I actually had some mail contact with Roberto and he seemed very responsive. There seem to be an issue on the speed brake function, though. Guess we'll have to wait and see how the Throttletek works with NGX. Then I'll decide on BUY / NO BUY.

That's interesting. I actually had some mail contact with Roberto and he seemed very responsive. There seem to be an issue on the speed brake function, though. Guess we'll have to wait and see how the Throttletek works with NGX. Then I'll decide on BUY / NO BUY.
Peter, I'll let you know when I get mine. There shouldn't be any issues since it is plug and play and Windows just recognizes it like any other gaming controller, same as the CH Throttle. You can set it up in the default FSX Options, but it is much better to use FSUIPC.

Peter, I'll let you know when I get mine. There shouldn't be any issues since it is plug and play and Windows just recognizes it like any other gaming controller, same as the CH Throttle. You can set it up in the default FSX Options, but it is much better to use FSUIPC.
Surely appreciate that!

Surely appreciate that!
Hello Peter,I just got my Throttletek G737 quadrant this week and I like it a lot. It looks and feels great and adds so much to the experience of flying the NGX.I have no trouble with any of the controllers or buttons. Everything works perfect with the NGX, even the engine start levers. There is no problem with the spoilers or flaps. All in all, it is a great unit.I had a problem with the little plastic handles on the engine start levers coming loose, but I replaced the small screw with a small wood screw and put some "Gorilla Glue" on them. They won't be coming loose any time soon.Also, the little levers inside the unit are attached with just a small screw and a nut. There is a need to either use a small ny-lock nut, or double nut the screw to keep the little nuts from eventually backing out. This is an easy fix and won't be any problem, but other than that, it is a very well made controller. It is quite large and is supposed to be a 1 to 1 scale. I'm not sure why Roberto spread the handles out a little more than the real 737 quadrant, it's not a big thing to me. They feel like the right grip to me.The throttle movement is real smooth and with the larger stroke, I have a lot of fine throttle control that is needed for manual landing.Also it is great to have the TO/GA switches and Auto-throttle cut-off switches where they are supposed to be in real life.I am quite happy with the purchase because it does work perfectly with the NGX (mine is setup using FSUIPC) and it is a great improvement over the CH throttle quadrant that I was using.http://www.throttletek.com/

Hello Peter,I just got my Throttletek G737 quadrant this week and I like it a lot. It looks and feels great and adds so much to the experience of flying the NGX.I have no trouble with any of the controllers or buttons. Everything works perfect with the NGX, even the engine start levers. There is no problem with the spoilers or flaps. All in all, it is a great unit.I had a problem with the little plastic handles on the engine start levers coming loose, but I replaced the small screw with a small wood screw and put some "Gorilla Glue" on them. They won't be coming loose any time soon.Also, the little levers inside the unit are attached with just a small screw and a nut. There is a need to either use a small ny-lock nut, or double nut the screw to keep the little nuts from eventually backing out. This is an easy fix and won't be any problem, but other than that, it is a very well made controller. It is quite large and is supposed to be a 1 to 1 scale. I'm not sure why Roberto spread the handles out a little more than the real 737 quadrant, it's not a big thing to me. They feel like the right grip to me.The throttle movement is real smooth and with the larger stroke, I have a lot of fine throttle control that is needed for manual landing.Also it is great to have the TO/GA switches and Auto-throttle cut-off switches where they are supposed to be in real life.I am quite happy with the purchase because it does work perfectly with the NGX (mine is setup using FSUIPC) and it is a great improvement over the CH throttle quadrant that I was using.http://www.throttletek.com/
Thx FSXman!Really appreciate the feedback. Did it come with a FSUIPC setup guide? Or could you post your settings here on AVSIM? (I'm more of a pilot than I am PC programmer. I do own the full registered FSUIPC version, though...)TIA and congrat's to you new quad!!!

Thx FSXman!Really appreciate the feedback. Did it come with a FSUIPC setup guide? Or could you post your settings here on AVSIM? (I'm more of a pilot than I am PC programmer. I do own the full registered FSUIPC version, though...)TIA and congrat's to you new quad!!!
Peter, I have my G-737 working perfectly with FSUIPC. I will sit down and try to write a little guide to setting it up the way that I have it. There may be other ways to do it, but this works perfectly for me. I'm really impressed with this Throttletek G-737. I could see some areas for improvement, but it is a really nice unit.Bob

Peter, I have my G-737 working perfectly with FSUIPC. I will sit down and try to write a little guide to setting it up the way that I have it. There may be other ways to do it, but this works perfectly for me. I'm really impressed with this Throttletek G-737. I could see some areas for improvement, but it is a really nice unit.Bob
Would be teriffic!