Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Virtavia C-17 Globemaster released

Guest nzch2010
It's out. C17
Awsome looking bird. Always been facinated with the globemaster. Seem them frequently at my home airport, during summer, supporting the US Deep freeze base @ McMurdo

Awsome looking bird. Always been facinated with the globemaster. Seem them frequently at my home airport, during summer, supporting the US Deep freeze base @ McMurdo
We have some RAF versions flying from Brize Norton here in the UK. I see them doing circuits when I'm flying out of Oxford. Impressive looking aircraft!Am interested in getting the C-17 although I think I'll wait until I read reviews from purchasers on the various FS forums first. This is designed by the same people who made the FSX BN Islander so the omens are pretty good.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

For $55 bucks I hope it's a true harcore simulation of the actual aircraft. I remember back in Alphasim days, their aircraft were simple. I would also like to know if there is any tanker software out there that will simulate real-world air-air refueling?

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

For $55 bucks I hope it's a true harcore simulation of the actual aircraft. I remember back in Alphasim days, their aircraft were simple. I would also like to know if there is any tanker software out there that will simulate real-world air-air refueling?
Ok i bought it.The reason i went for it is that virtavia already did the islander and that one was good.The price ($55) suggested that maybe it was a good simulation right ? Wrong ! Now, night lighting. When you fly at night you can only have either all panel lights off or on. At night I like to fly with only the instruments lit up and for 55 one would think the devs could accomplish that.Wrong again. Overall the plane is not that bad it does look good but when you think that it cost just as much as the IFly 737 and they are worlds,planets and whatever apart the price is ridiculous.Massively overpriced.I never asked flight1 for a refund but looks like I will soon.Vic

Ok i bought it.The reason i went for it is that virtavia already did the islander and that one was good.The price ($55) suggested that maybe it was a good simulation right ? Wrong ! Now, night lighting. When you fly at night you can only have either all panel lights off or on. At night I like to fly with only the instruments lit up and for 55 one would think the devs could accomplish that.Wrong again. Overall the plane is not that bad it does look good but when you think that it cost just as much as the IFly 737 and they are worlds,planets and whatever apart the price is ridiculous.Massively overpriced.I never asked flight1 for a refund but looks like I will soon.Vic
VICThank you for that post-purchase snap Review,because you just stopped me in time from going ahead and making a purchase.Sorry you had to be the guinea-pig in this latest Virtavia release,but you will get your money back.Like a few others posted here,I reckon I will await the reviews,feedbacks,etc before splashing $55.For you to make a distinctive comment about this C-17 being chalk 'n cheese compared to the Ifly737 costing the same amount just about says it all.

No, night lighting. When you fly at night you can only have either all panel lights off or on. At night I like to fly with only the instruments lit up and for 55 one would think the devs could accomplish that.Wrong again. Vic
Why, oh, why do they do this ? It's an easy thing to get right, but a PR disaster when they don't . I bet everyone will now do a +1 and slag them off..... Such a pity.

Oh dear what a pity. I'll hold off buying this aircraft then.Lack of authentic night lighting seems to be a recurring theme with some developers.Someone (can't remember company) brought out a very nice looking ERJ145 a few years back. I nearly bought it until I saw the hideous GREEN night lighting in the VC. Not at all like the real aircraft.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Unfortunately for $55 I just can't keep it. Not enough system simulations (no hydraulics, no FMS) and little documentation. Their Islander is supposed to be very good as far as systems and realism, although it is much more simple than the C-17, so I was disappointed in the level of detail compared to the cost of the product. I have asked for a refund for the first time after having purchased several products from Flight1. Oh well, maybe they will improve the C-17 down the road. If they could at least match the level of detail of Captain Sim, I would purchase it again in a heartbeat. I don't expect them to match developers like PMDG, A2A, Level D, or Vertical Reality Simulations.

Overall the plane is not that bad it does look good but when you think that it cost just as much as the IFly 737 and they are worlds,planets and whatever apart the price is ridiculous.Massively overpriced.
For the features it offers the price is high, I agree.It is however a C-17 Globemaster, and there aren't many decent C17 addons around, compared to our like 20th Boeing 737 addon aircraft. I suspect it'll get some traction from the C-17 fans, who may be more willing to look past the fact it costs as much as the iFly 737.As to whether there's enough of them to sustain this price ?, it will be soon seen.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

For those who did try it, does the FSX version at least have wingflex? Did not see it mentioned in the description on the website and from my recollection the pre VC version did not have it.Alex C

So are the people who purchased the external/2D model from alphasim under the promise of a future VC, getting this discounted/free?

So are the people who purchased the external/2D model from alphasim under the promise of a future VC, getting this discounted/free?
I think it is free for owners of the external/2D model.

If they fix the vc lighting for day/night/dusk/dawn I would buy itToday it's inexcusable to not have basic lighting since FSX was all about the virtual cockpit

$55 seems a little steep for an add-on with 'lite' systems. Think I'll pass.