Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

BIOS Settings Examples Displayed

Please Read:There has been a number of requests for myself and others to post overclock BIOS settings so that others may get a head-start in tuning their FSX machines. It seems like it might be a good idea to have one place to post various settings so others may learn from them.Let's post screenshots of our successful BIOS setting so that others may reference them by type and attained stable overclock, giving as much specification information as possible.However it is very important for readers to understand that although particular settings may work on one machine, they may not work on another near identical one. No two computers are exactly alike in hardware performance and software configuration.Please do not copy these settings without first ensuring that your system is sufficiently capable and cooled to operate safely under these conditions. Any particular BIOS setting should be used as a guideline only, and their adoption on your computer is at your own risk.In order to benefit from these examples please scroll to where you may find BIOS postings taken from a motherboard and other computer components similar to yours.

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 B3BIOS Information and Version: 1305 x64, 02/11/2011CPU i7 2600KRAM Mushkin 1600Mhz, 6-8-6-24Overclock 5.0GhzAlthough I can run FSX without instability at 5.0Ghz with these settings, I generally dial it back to 4.8GHz to make it stress free on the system, and myself. In any case, regardless of speed, settings remain the same, but performance differences near identical.450a.jpg624b.jpg290c.jpg804d.jpg429e.jpg959f.jpg241g.jpgKind regards,

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 ProBIOS Version: 1502 CPU i7: 2600KRAM: 2x2GB Mushkin Blackline + 2x2GB Exceleram 2133Mhz, 8-11-11-30Overclock: 4.8Ghz, HT off

I missed one BIOS screenshot in the first upload, as posted above. Sorry about that! Here is the missing page:903001.jpgPlus an extra to accompany one of Dazz's:473bb.jpgKind regards,

That's great Stephen :biggrin: I had to post that pic of my dog haha. She climbed on my lap while I was uploading the shots of my BIOS from my cell phone.

If you guys want to come up with some type of chart, graph, whatever, we can pin it.

If you guys want to come up with some type of chart, graph, whatever, we can pin it.
Thanks Jeremy. I would say it makes for a good sticky regardless, I mean our pets deserve it :PBut in all seriousness, it's a great idea

Thanks Jeremy. I would say it makes for a good sticky regardless, I mean our pets deserve it :PBut in all seriousness, it's a great idea
Alright, let's pin this. And if somebody wants to expand on it by coming up with a chart or graph of some kind, we can make it a permanent sticky.

Would love to see a nice stable oc @ 4.5 for i7 2600K on a P8P67 PRO (B3)

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Anyone have a 980x with 12gb ram? I'm stable at 4.0, looking for water-cooled and 4.2-4.5 stable. Any help would be appreciated!

supporter.jpg

A few questions... Funky is running 5.0GHz with offset voltage of -0.01v while Howard is running 4.70Ghz with offset voltage of +0.06v. How did you guys arrive at your offset voltage. I still don't understand what "offset" is offset from. From the VID? What's that and where do I check it? I thought it changes with OC. Also, why are you guys running offset mode instead of manual mode? Does it improve stability?

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

If your bios is setup like mine, it's pretty easy to come up with a number. Start at +.005 and work your way up until you reach something that's stable. If you get a bsod under hvy load simply add another .005. The way I understand offset, your just adding a lil voltage to what the cpu already thinks should work (VID) for the given clock speed. So, you shouldn't have to add too much offset ...if your cpu is a happy one.

The reason why Howard needs more offset is probably because 1.- His OC is lower, so the VID / base Vcore is lower, and 2.- His LLC is set to High while Funk is using Ultra High (the higher the LLC the more it overvolts so you need less offset)Using offset enables C1E. With manual Vcore it will stay at whatever you set your Vcore to regardless of your C1E being enabled or disabled.Obtaining the offset value for a given manual Vcore:these are the approximate values for each LLC level. I believe this table was made at 4.6GHz. Not sure thoughoffsetm.pngSo for example, if you want 1.35V and your LLC is set to Ultra High, set your offset to -0.010.Boot into windows and open CPU-Z. Stress test for a minute to see what full load Vcore you have and see if your Vcore is where you want it to. Lower? raise it in BIOS and try again. Higher? lower it in BIOS.Once you have your offset, you can enable C1E and EIST. Check if it throttles down to 1.6GHz and 0.9 - 1V while idle