Sign in to follow this  
fbass

Most Frustrating

I completed a re-installation of Windows7 and a complete new install of FSX + Acceleration. Program worked great. I installed all my aircraft. Program still worked great. I installed all my scenery. Program worked great. There was a Windows7 update and now FSX will not display any aircraft - not in the rotating display window nor when you select "Fly Now."I tried a system restore to a point before the last Windows7 update. Still no display.I executed a repair of both FSX and Acceleration. Still no aircraft display. I took out the fsx.cfg file and let FSX build a new one. Still no display. I took out all the tweak entries and removed the AI pointers I use. The display entries are correct for the board I use.Now with major hair pulling and frustration I can't think of what controls the display of aircraft. I checked all the default and newly installed flying aircraft and did not find a reason for the lack of display. All the default and other aircraft folders contain a model file, one or more texture folders, an *.air file, and the aircraft's config file. During FSX boot-up, no error messages are displayed. The program's initial screen comes up but there is no aircraft in the display window. I tried changing to another aircraft and still there is no display.Can someone please help?Thanks

Is DX10 Preview On or Off?
Thanks Jim for your reply. I do not use DX10 for any display of FSX. I rechecked my setting and the box is not set.Frank

Did this Windows update install video drivers?

Did this Windows update install video drivers?
No. But, I will go to NVidia and re-install my video drivers just in case there is something there. NOTE: I used TView to check the texture files in all of my default aircraft. The thumbnails displayed properly. That may not be much but at least the texture files are there.fb

No. But, I will go to NVidia and re-install my video drivers just in case there is something there. NOTE: I used TView to check the texture files in all of my default aircraft. The thumbnails displayed properly. That may not be much but at least the texture files are there.fb
That didn't help. I downloaded and installed the latest NVidia driver for my graphics card. Still no aircraft display. NOTE: I also tried several 3rd-party aircraft such as Lvld B763, Aerosoft Airbus, etc. No display for any aircraft.fb

Check to see if lens flare or bloom are checked in the settings menu. If they are, uncheck them.I had a similar problem and this worked for me

Check to see if lens flare or bloom are checked in the settings menu. If they are, uncheck them.I had a similar problem and this worked for me
Thanks. Lens Flare was checked but deselecting it did not make any difference - still no display.fb

This happened to me also,Try turning DX10 to ON,Then restart FSX.This worked for me.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

This happened to me also,Try turning DX10 to ON,Then restart FSX.This worked for me.
Sorry, that didn't work either. I checked the box, FSX told me that I would have to restart, I did - no change. I then unchecked DXT10, terminated the program, and then restarted again. Still no aircraft display. However, I changed my aircraft and the display was a series of aircraft "pieces" blinking off and on. Very weird.fb

Bummer,You could try to delete/rebuild your fsx cfg. file,that my work.

Patrick

Bummer,You could try to delete/rebuild your fsx cfg. file,that my work.
I tried that twice - didn't work. Now you why I'm so frustrated. It seems that it is some setting or some little thing that keeps the aircraft models and textures from displaying. You're quite correct - bummer!fb
I tried that twice - didn't work. Now you why I'm so frustrated. It seems that it is some setting or some little thing that keeps the aircraft models and textures from displaying. You're quite correct - bummer!fb
I should also say that the scenery doesn't display either. I tried changing the default opening scenery to another airport - that didn't work either.

WOW,That is really strange,I know how incredibly frustrating it is,I'm sorry I can't be of more help.There are some very smart people who visit these boards so maybe they can find your problem.Hang in there

Patrick

WOW,That is really strange,I know how incredibly frustrating it is,I'm sorry I can't be of more help.There are some very smart people who visit these boards so maybe they can find your problem.Hang in there
Thanks Patrick. I sure hope someone has a clue.fb

fbDo you happen to know if FSX was running at the time of the Windows 7 update - even just to the menu screen? Remember if you had been in FSX and closed it just prior to the upgrade on some occasions it doesn't close down totally or correctly and that could cause issues.Speculative answer: From what you describe I would suspect that you something "corrupted" (probably very minor) for whatever reason in thw Winsxs folder which is where the FSX dll's, manifests etc reside. I have never seen anyone 'repair' this folder but I guess that it is possible.In Win 7 there is a reliability monitor that records everything that has happened to your system from the date of installation is there any significant error/entry at the time of the 7 SP1 UG? I guess that you also looked in the event viewer in case something was recorded? When you start FSX, in task manager when you open processes how many versions of fsx.exe are running? If more than one try ending one until only one is running and so on.Looking at what you have tried you may be on the brink of a clean install of Win 7 + SP1 plus a clean install of FSX. Whatever you do from now on will always be running on a "corrupted" install and it may never perform as well again. :( I've had issues with win 7 Home post SP1 (but not Ultimate on another PC, or with FSX)in that every time the PC starts it configures to update windows components for the umpteenth time! I did try the Win 7 Fixit Center and troubleshooter with some success - is that worth a try? http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/BTW I could be wrong but these are some other options to consider.PeterH