Sign in to follow this  
BoeingFan88

PMDG Boeing 777

Hey Team,Not that I'm trying to jump the gun or anything, since the NGX has not even be released yet, but was wondering about the status of the B-777 you guys are going to do? Has anyone started on it yet? Seems like I remember reading that a lot of techniques that were used to create the NGX are going to be carried over to the 777, thus making the development time actually less strenuous and shorter, is this true? Can we expect the 777 to be another leap forward in realism from the NGX, or will there be similar functionality and 'aesthetics' with it?Thanks and I must say the NGX is looking unbelievable! The only problem is I'm going to have to get a new computer if I'm going to want to run it smoothly with my other sceneries :/ Oh well, hopefully that can happen around Christmas ;)Joel

I thought the development team was going to develop the Dash-8 before moving on to the 777...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I thought the development team was going to develop the Dash-8 before moving on to the 777...
As best I can recall the 777 is supposed to be next. It's supposed to take far less time than the NGX since they're using the 737 basically as a testbed for several new programming techniques, most of which will be incorporated into future products. This is all from memory, I could be mistaken.

This is what shows on the dev. schedule. Not sure if it has changed since this was posted.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Guest Tamadeez

Nice title..

Actually looking forward to the Dash more than the NGX :PPete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Cool to fly 777,Also waiting for the B777 But first NGX Big%20Grin.gif

I believe that there is two dev. teams. The team that done the JS41 will be doing the dash 8 and the team that is working on the NGX will start on the 777. I think it was said that both teams were working on the NGX but as the 737 nears release the teams will go to there respective projects. anyone from PMDG please comment if this is not correct.William Coade

I must admit that I'm looking forward to the 777 as well. I've spent a lot of time in the last couple of years shuttling to and from the far East on various carriers and think that they are fantastic aircraft. I love the PMDG MD-11F and its by far the most used aircraft in my FSX fleet for my VA. Roll on the 777F! Until then, the 737 will I'm sure be sublime and the portent of things to come. :(

Greg B

I have never looked forward to anything more in the FS platform, than a highly detailed 777

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

If you look around the web a little you'll notice that another developer is doing a really nice 146. I don't know if it's okay with PMDG to post their name here so I'll refrain until they weigh in. I would prefer that EVERY add-on come from PMDG but this one looks very nice. They haven't shown any cockpit shots yet. There have been several screens of the exterior and a video of the animations and several liveries. They also have a very accurate looking 787 coming but it looks way farther away from release. They have shown the 3DS max model of the pedestal with the throttle and radios. It has similar quality level to PMDG but there is no info on what kind of depth there will be to the systems modelling. I would have never known about these two projects if I hadn't been looking around on google for cockpit photos of the 787. The screen of their throttles was in the google image search.Hiram Hunt

I hope the Dash-8 has a hold function. Rather disappointed to see it left out of the FMS on the JS41. No failures - that's understandable (it was a lite version), but leaving systems unfinished given PMDGs usual standards? Doesn't make sense.Best regards,Robin.

I hope the Dash-8 has a hold function. Rather disappointed to see it left out of the FMS on the JS41. No failures - that's understandable (it was a lite version), but leaving systems unfinished given PMDGs usual standards? Doesn't make sense.Best regards,Robin.
Guys,I'm also very very very much looking forward to the 777. And you'll be guarnteed that from PMDG it will be top quality and that's one aircraft I'll purchase straight away.I'm sure when they start with it then they'll tell us what models they will be doing, but for now sit and be patient is the word :(

Jason Thompson