Sign in to follow this  
BoeingFan88

PMDG Boeing 777

I don't think there is really a need nor are you going to persuade PMDG to hurry one program and drop another. Let the future programs unfold as the teams get done with them. Though the 777 is typically a long range aircraft flight simulator allows you to fly it in a short route environment.Think outside the box and try something new from time to time. Mix it up!

You'll see MS Flight before you see the PMDG B777. Don't mistake me, I want it and know that PMDG will come through. But as envelope-pushers, PMDG has a difficult time pushing things out quickly. Perhaps, as we've been told, we'll see innovations from the J41 and NGX equate to a faster production cycle, but I've not seen it yet in all of my years as a PMDG customer and supporter. The price of pushing the limits is that PMDG has gone long on every project in their MSFS era. Perhaps we'll see the NGX this summer, but that's a delay from original estimates. Also, given that the NGX is the flagship/best-of-breed product, the patching/service release efforts will also consume the team as they'll want to "get it right" ASAP after release. But even that patching cycle may go well into a year after release. The truth is, MSFS isn't a particularly easy platform to develop for (if you're way outside of the SDK, which PMDG products are), so everything takes much more time.I am really excited about both a Dash 8 and the B777 and feel that both products will really fill out the offerings. However, anything can happen and if the B777 is 2nd in the queue, it's hard to bank on it. Honestly, at one point we were to have a PMDG A320; the likelihood of that is now nearly nil.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

You'll see MS Flight before you see the PMDG B777. Don't mistake me, I want it and know that PMDG will come through. But as envelope-pushers, PMDG has a difficult time pushing things out quickly. Perhaps, as we've been told, we'll see innovations from the J41 and NGX equate to a faster production cycle, but I've not seen it yet in all of my years as a PMDG customer and supporter. The price of pushing the limits is that PMDG has gone long on every project in their MSFS era. Perhaps we'll see the NGX this summer, but that's a delay from original estimates. Also, given that the NGX is the flagship/best-of-breed product, the patching/service release efforts will also consume the team as they'll want to "get it right" ASAP after release. But even that patching cycle may go well into a year after release. The truth is, MSFS isn't a particularly easy platform to develop for (if you're way outside of the SDK, which PMDG products are), so everything takes much more time.I am really excited about both a Dash 8 and the B777 and feel that both products will really fill out the offerings. However, anything can happen and if the B777 is 2nd in the queue, it's hard to bank on it. Honestly, at one point we were to have a PMDG A320; the likelihood of that is now nearly nil.
My opinion is: Do we really need two high quality Dash. I also could not understand why another company placed their development against the NGX knowing how close to release the plane actually is. My suggestion for an alternative is an A330 because an A320 is already being worked and besides I always associated PMDG more with the "heavys" than with smaller jets(just my impression). And last but not least the A330(it sells better than the A340's right now) is the only serious competitor to the extremely succesful 777. :(

777 would be nice but I always find myself not wanting to fly long-ranged A/C on short-haul flights.

Are they still working on it, I haven't head any updates, it looks awesome if they finish it.Michael P.
Yeah they put up some new pics not too long ago. Its pretty in depth system wise so thats probably why it has been taking them so long.

A PMDG L-1011 would be neat!
I personally would find a PMDG C-17 Globemaster even better!!!

But we now know from Ryan that this is unlikely to happen. Dash8, 300 or q400, bring em on, the more the merrier. Makes me think of the iFly vs PMDG "race" posts. Look at the level of detail the NGX is delivering. Competition is a great thing, as is innovation. Andrew

...My opinion is: Do we really need two high quality Dash....
I think people are confusing the Dash's here.PMDG has stated that their development will be of the 100/200/300 series older aircraft. In fact, I'm not even sure if they stated it would be a 100/200 thing or a 300 series thing.I'm pretty sure PMDG isn't offering a Q400 - which really is a much different aircraft from the other variants. The engine's are much larger, different props, a pretty big change in the flight deck...etc. You'd have a real hard time getting the Q400 in fields where the other variants frequent.Majestic did a fantastic job with the 300 - now with a little more eye candy I hope PMDG can do one of my favourite aircraft justice as Majestic has.So in brief: PMDG's doing the smaller variants - Majestic's doing the Q400.

I think people are confusing the Dash's here.PMDG has stated that their development will be of the 100/200/300 series older aircraft. In fact, I'm not even sure if they stated it would be a 100/200 thing or a 300 series thing.I'm pretty sure PMDG isn't offering a Q400 - which really is a much different aircraft from the other variants. The engine's are much larger, different props, a pretty big change in the flight deck...etc. You'd have a real hard time getting the Q400 in fields where the other variants frequent.Majestic did a fantastic job with the 300 - now with a little more eye candy I hope PMDG can do one of my favourite aircraft justice as Majestic has.So in brief: PMDG's doing the smaller variants - Majestic's doing the Q400.
Initlally it will be a 200/300. By the way, I bought the Majestic 300 a efw days ago. Didn't actually fly it yet, but I think I'm going to get a Qantas Link 300 up in the air sometime soon. it's ncie to finally have this aircraft in my hangar!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest Tamadeez

After 777 will be 747-400.

After 777 will be 747-400.
You might wanna check the PMDG site tongue.gif

I remembered someone telling that PMDG 777 will finish soon because most of its textures and systems would be converted from PMDG 737 NGX, hope so it is true

I remembered someone telling that PMDG 777 will finish soon because most of its textures and systems would be converted from PMDG 737 NGX, hope so it is true
I think you're mostly right. The 777 will just need the beige cockpit (I like the beige better than grey personally) and of course two big engines (yep, they're a tad bigger) and a whole new exterior model, and of course, fully programmed fly-by-wire system (the most complex thing they'll have to do), of which it [fly-by-wire system] can be applied to a later 747-8,and 787 respectively. Plus Hedgehog pilot, I love your intense signature!

Inactive