•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Another external FPS limiter (and video recorder) - DXtory

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 molleh

molleh

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 5 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

Thought I would link everyone a nice utility I use to limit FPS in FSX. It's called DXTory and is primarily a program for recording videos (like Fraps) but also has a frame limiter. Here is the page: http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.htmlThe reason I like this one over the other options:-the Java-based FPSLimiter v 0.2 requires a batch file to start which some add on programs don't like, plus sometimes it doesn't capture FSX right on startup with addons like EZCA.-the D3DAntilag has problems switching from windowed to fullscreen for some peopleIt's payware but you don't have to pay to use the limiter, it just takes 10 seconds to start the program and then it will open up a browser window whenever you close the utility.Make sure you disable the FPS overlay in DXTory's settings and set your FPS limit as well. Click the tab with the monitor with the little '69' to disable the overlay and then go to the tab with the chip icon to check the FPS limiter box and set your desired FPS. This useful little program also works in DX10 mode, and 8 and even 7 for older games that might benefit from a limited framerate.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Bakern

Bakern

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 4 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:10 AM

Thank you. :( Work's like a charm, i'm on v.2.0.101. FSX run smooth and nice at +/- 30 fps (set to limit 30).Cheers
BRGDS
Stein-Ove Rud

#3 nemo

nemo

• Donor
  • 233 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 6 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for HUWorks nicely on my system. But yet, I cannot say if its better then the other fps limiters which have been discussed here. Harry
Harry

#4 Dexter1979

Dexter1979

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 1 Month and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

Take a look at Bandicam ( http://www.bandicam.com/ )... I've been using this program for a while and works like a charm... It can record fullscreen or an area selected by the user, take snapshots, it has a FPS limiter that allows you to remove the limiter while running FSX to see your real FPS and then reactivate the limiter without exiting FSX... and above all.... Recording are supersmooth compared with Fraps...BTW... It's payware...Dexter...

When Intel and Nvidia combine.... Wonderful things happen in my FSX...

#5 B748

B748

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 4 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:38 AM

Really nice limiter, But I have FSX detection problem on new versions , asked on Dxtory forum but still no satisfied answer.any one have similar problem or solution for this? http://forum.dxtory....php?topic=961.0 Thanks

#6 awf

awf

Member - 3,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 3,984 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:36 AM

Interesting, the first one that seams to work local here correct, have to check more... Well it fluctuates to much it left my HD

André

#7 Dean_EGTC

Dean_EGTC

• Donor
  • 880 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 13 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

Does this have to be configured in any way? I followed the OPs instructions and my fps behaved as if it was stuck on Unlimited. I was averaging 56fps not 30 as i'd set in Dxtory.
- Dean
space

#8 B748

B748

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 4 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

Really nice limiter, But I have FSX detection problem on new versions , asked on Dxtory forum but still no satisfied answer.any one have similar problem or solution for this? http://forum.dxtory....php?topic=961.0 Thanks

Hello again, I would like to inform this problem is solved on 2.0.109 and it works great again with FSX.Posted Image

#9 bradrcfii

bradrcfii

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 10 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

What setting is DXTORY is the frame lock?

Brad Rich