Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Taxi2Gate MMMX V2 and major FPS issues.

Hello,Has anyone purchased this scenery? I have and I am getting terrible performance with or without AI. FPS start at about 30 and drop to 6 if you let it sit for a while.In the area, I also have the Scenery Tech landclass and had the FlyMex scenery. Scenery tech covers North America so I can't disable it but I have not had issues with it in other places. I originally deactivated FlyMex but eventually uninstalled it when trying to diagnose the issue. In the T2G folder, there is a landclass file. I removed it but it didn't help. All it did was remove the cartoonish ground textures that depict parking lots that surround the airport.I can run Mega Airport Heathrow at 20 FPS with almost every gate filled. I shouldn't be having issues with this airport - especially without AI.Any ideas? A cannot find any other evidence of people having issues with this airport and the developers forums have had something like 10 posts in the last year.BTW, the default MMMX with 100% traffic runs solid (using limiter) at 30FPS with no decrease of performance over time. This is during their busiest time of the week according to UT2.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Yes! I´me getting very bad fps there too going to single digits even with a i7 2600k at 4ghz. I even posted a mini-review in simmarket.com about this. I get better fps in more demanding scenerys like aerosoft´s mega-airports, flytampa, FSDT, etc ...I don´t know how to help you, but it´s just a message that you´re not alone ... :(

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Yes! I´me getting very bad fps there too going to single digits even with a i7 2600k at 4ghz. I even posted a mini-review in simmarket.com about this. I get better fps in more demanding scenerys like aerosoft´s mega-airports, flytampa, FSDT, etc ...I don´t know how to help you, but it´s just a message that you´re not alone ... :(
Good to know I am not alone. Do you have or have you had FlyMex on your system? Do you have the Scenery Tech landclass? I'm am just trying to narrow it down before I post something over there. If you don't have either product, we know it likely has something to do with their scenery.I originally thought that is suffered from the same problem that many of the Imagine Sim products suffered because the VASI lights are really large. I did look in to the bgl that contained the runway lights but it didn't have the same issue that was found with the ImagineSim stuff - at least not the problem I read about.Visually, the scenery is ok but not great. It reminds me of the early offerings from Latin VFR where they used cheesy ground textures. Latin VFR, however, has improved quite a bit from their first couple of releases.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

No, i don´t have anything in mexico, besides other t2gate airports like MMTC, MMPR and MMTJ. I had the V1 of mmmx too, and it was not fps perfect, but a lot better than v2. I realy think it´s something with the scenery endeed, because when i take it out, my fps came back to 30 where i fixed it even with 70% of fsx trafic.They have a forum in here: http://taxi2gate.intersimstudios.com/forum/index.phpI think we can ask for help there. What do you think?

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I don't see a place where you can register for their forum. I think I tried once and I never got a response.BTW, Simmarket didn't post your review. I just wrote one and it said there were no other reviews for the product.

After a little detective work, I found a thread on the LatinVFR forums that links to a Mexican FS forum where there is a current thread on the subject. Caesar (developer) is involved in the discussion and they have pointed out many more problems with the scenery than we have discussed.http://www.fsmex.com/foros/showthread.php?t=44783&page=3Although I had to use Google Translator, it does look like the FPS problem is associated with the PAPI lights (not VASI - sorry). If you, or anyone else, speaks Spanish, please register and post.

In fact it wasn´t a review, but just a statement about the fps hit. In here: http://secure.simmarket.com/taxi2gate-mexico-city-international-mmmx-v2-fsx-%28pt_5394%29.phtml#reviewsAs my native language is portuguese that is a little similar to spanish, i´ll try to understand the content in the forum you posted and bring it tou you. Thanks!

Thanks. Don't go to too much trouble. Google did a good enough job for me to figure out what was going on. Funny, I have been to Mexico 13 times in the past 10 years but the only Spanish I picked up was una cerveza por favor y donde es banjo :)Actually, I know a little more but not enough to post in that thread.

Jeff,Looking at the topic that you sent, it seems that taking out this two files: MMMX-L-L.bgl and MMMX-L-R.bgl you gain 8 to 10 fps. But reading until the end of the topic, it appears that the problem is not resolved yet, as the fps hit is only one problem. There is many more. Cesar who is the man behind this scenery appears to be over the problem, but without a patch until now (His last post was today). To be honest, when i loaded mmx v2 for the first time and get the low fps, i didn´t stay there to see nothing more.I think i´ll stay with v1 until we get a better solution. I will also subscribe in this forum to see how it goes and post here to you if something changes there.Thanks!

Jeff,Looking at the topic that you sent, it seems that taking out this two files: MMMX-L-L.bgl and MMMX-L-R.bgl you gain 8 to 10 fps. But reading until the end of the topic, it appears that the problem is not resolved yet, as the fps hit is only one problem. There is many more. Cesar who is the man behind this scenery appears to be over the problem, but without a patch until now (His last post was today). To be honest, when i loaded mmx v2 for the first time and get the low fps, i didn´t stay there to see nothing more. I think i´ll stay with v1 until we get a better solution. I will also subscribe in this forum to see how it goes and post here to you if something changes there.Thanks!
Aren't those BGLS required for the scenery to operate properly? It looks like Ceasar is AWOL from that thread and there is no option to register on their forum.

I emailed Cesar about issues with V2 of MMMX. This is the response I got back. "Hi Bill, Yes there is a problem with the afcad, we are working on that, also we are modifying some textures, stay tune for the update and sorry for the inconvenients, thanks for your support. Best Regards." César" Hopefully he can fix things, but I think he's the only person wotking as Taxi2 gate.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Thanks for checking. That's what he said in the thread at FSMex but the problem with FPS is a problem with the runway bgls - similer to the problem that Imaginesim had with many of their products.

I saw Taxi2Gate MMMX V2 on sale at SimMarket today and thought that some Mexico flying might be interesting.Then I read this thread.Then I checked their updates page...four months later, still no fix posted. Their forum and support link is dead.Thanks for raising the red flag on this one, gents. I really don't need the aggravation...

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I saw Taxi2Gate MMMX V2 on sale at SimMarket today and thought that some Mexico flying might be interesting.Then I read this thread.Then I checked their updates page...four months later, still no fix posted. Their forum and support link is dead.Thanks for raising the red flag on this one, gents. I really don't need the aggravation...
Actually, he did release a fix that seems to solve the issue. It is decent scenery and I am glad it works now. AES support has also been added. I found the link on FSMEX.com's forums.I can't post the link to the fix right now because it is saved on my other computer but if you, or anyone else wants the link, I'll post it later.

Actually, he did release a fix that seems to solve the issue. It is decent scenery and I am glad it works now. AES support has also been added. I found the link on FSMEX.com's forums.I can't post the link to the fix right now because it is saved on my other computer but if you, or anyone else wants the link, I'll post it later.
I found a link to an update download in the second to the last post in this FSMex thread: http://www.fsmex.com/foros/showthread.php?t=44783&highlight=mmmx&page=5 But why wouldn't he put this fix on his own site?

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case