Sign in to follow this  
Jack_C

So how many looked into this

Previously, I commented on some people complaing about the NGX release and said instead of complaining why not find out how to actually fly the plane. For example I said who knows how to do a VNAP A OR VNAP B aka NADP 1 or 2. So how many looked into how to do one?JackColwill

tbh I did, but didn't learn that ... I'm too lazy for learning new stuff whne plane is not in here. Meanwhile I'm flying with some single and dual prop planes :)btw never complained (i think) and take your time ^^ cheers

NADP is a Noise Abatement Departure Procedure .NADP 1 is for noise abatement close to the airport and is the more common form of NADP. Generally; Climb at V2+10, Climb thrust is selected at 1500 AGL, and V2+10 is maintained until 3000'AGL, then start acceleration whilst climbing at 1000fpm. The flight director generally gives you the guidance you need.NADP 2 is for noise abatement further down the line. Climb at V2+10 to 1000'AGL then accelerate to a lesser flap, select climb thrust, continue acceleration until clean and climb in clean configuration.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Is VNAP the fancy name for the autopilot "vertical sleep mode"? I'd have thought it would be LNAP as it is hard to sleep upright, well for me anyway... :(

NADP1: No NADP before reaching 800ft GND, after that V2 + 10kts T/O Thrust, @1500ft GND Climb Thrust V2 +10kts until 3000 ft GND --> then acceleration and flap retractionNADP2: No NADP before reaching 800 ft GND, thereafter V2 + 10kts T/O Thrust, @ 1000ft GND Climb Thrust and acceleration and flap retractionI hope I'm correct :-)Take Care

NADP is a Noise Abatement Departure Procedure .NADP 1 is for noise abatement close to the airport and is the more common form of NADP. Generally; Climb at V2+10, Climb thrust is selected at 1500 AGL, and V2+10 is maintained until 3000'AGL, then start acceleration whilst climbing at 1000fpm. The flight director generally gives you the guidance you need.NADP 2 is for noise abatement further down the line. Climb at V2+10 to 1000'AGL then accelerate to a lesser flap, select climb thrust, continue acceleration until clean and climb in clean configuration.
That probably depends where ou live. In North America, NADP 2 is the more common.So if ATC says "passing 1200 (assume airport is at sea level) turn left 70 degrees, maintain 8000. When can you cancel your NADP?JackColwill

That probably depends where ou live. In North America, NADP 2 is the more common.So if ATC says "passing 1200 (assume airport is at sea level) turn left 70 degrees, maintain 8000. When can you cancel your NADP?JackColwill
Assuming NADP 1Well, at 3000 AGL, you'd drop the nose, maintain a V/S of 1000fpm until you reach 250kts then start climbing again....NADP 1 is hard programmed in our FMGS as being the default NADP, but I fly state-side most of the time and I have yet to see a NADP 2 listed as the standard NADP. Out of curiosity, would NADP mainly be used in yeer regional airports? We only fly KORL, KBOS, KORD and KJFK, so they're the only airports over there I'm familiar with.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Well I am sorta familiar with the geometry of NADP 1/2 (ex A/:( procs but still, are they airport or airline specific? I'd assume airline since I'm not sure how a chart would force me to fly a type 1 vs a type 2 proc. Who would actually select CLB thrust at 800, does that do anyone or is 1500/3000 the usual schedule?sig.gif

Well I am sorta familiar with the geometry of NADP 1/2 (ex A/ procs but still, are they airport or airline specific? I'd assume airline since I'm not sure how a chart would force me to fly a type 1 vs a type 2 proc. Who would actually select CLB thrust at 800, does that do anyone or is 1500/3000 the usual schedule?sig.gif
Airport specific, they will be listed in the Noise abatement Procedure section of the aerodrome charts, and the altitude for climb thrust is imputted manually into the FMGS by the pilot if it is different from the default value and then at that altitude you must move the thrust levers into the climb gate, or you could just manually adjust it yourself, being a PILOT and all that....

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Here's my take on this, assuming you're flying a NADP 2:ATC are going to want you to commence the turn onto 070 as soon as practical. Pitching over at 1000' AGL for the acceleration and flap retract will reduce the V/S to a much lower value - depending on aircraft weight and takeoff thrust setting of course. This will increase the time it takes to reach 1200' and you still haven't turned, ATC might not like this. I'd engage FLCH with V2+10 in the speed window and delay the acceleration until after passing 1200'. When passing 1200', go HDG Select 070 and roll in Vref + 80 or 250kts in the speed window. Retract flaps on as per speed tape.Adam Turley.

Well I am sorta familiar with the geometry of NADP 1/2 (ex A/:( procs but still, are they airport or airline specific? I'd assume airline since I'm not sure how a chart would force me to fly a type 1 vs a type 2 proc. Who would actually select CLB thrust at 800, does that do anyone or is 1500/3000 the usual schedule?sig.gif
Hey Etienne. NADPs are airport specific. Although many airports give you the option of one or the other. Although NADP 2 is more efficient and burns less fuel therefore many airlines choose the NADP 2.JackColwill

From the EIDW Aerodrome Charts supplied in the IAA AIP available at http://www.iaa.ie/sa...iaip/Frame1.htmTake-off to 1500ft Take off powerTake off flapsClimb at V2 + 10 to 20 KT (or as limitedby body angle)1500ft – 3000ft(Above Aerodrome Elevation)Reduce Power to not less than climbpower/thrust. Accelerate smoothly toMAX 230KT with flap retraction onscheduleAt 3000ft(Above Aerodrome Elevation)Transition smoothly to en-route climbspeed. (MAX 250KT below FL100)Which is pretty much a mixture of both.....

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

EHAM is the same as above.You can set your take of power reduction altitude and Acceleration Height in your take off ref page from the fmc. Is that vnap?

Kimo