Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

What do you think of Flight?

Flight  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Flight?

• FSX with a SP3 and no new features added.
    • New Redisgned engine with Fully realistic planes. Amazing SDK.
    • Newly designed engine with unrealistic aircraft; appealing only to the masses. Crumby SDK.
    • A new variation of the FSX engine with moderatley realistic aircraft and a whole new great SDK.

Lol, we have 'new engine' on ther brain :)The new screenshots have motion blur....does that mean new engine?Technically no...or at least it all depends on what we mean by 'new engine'....like maybe a 'rewrite'.Call Flight a new engine or not if you like, they're both right :smile:I see a big step forward, regardless. Love what I'm seeing :(

1. FSX with a SP3 and no new features added.
  2. New Redisgned engine with Fully realistic planes. Amazing SDK.
  3. Newly designed engine with unrealistic aircraft; appealing only to the masses. Crumby SDK.
  4. A new variation of the FSX engine with moderatley realistic aircraft and a whole new great SDK.
  5. How could we possibly know/answer?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I agree with Egbert, how could we possibly know? I was looking at some video at Fly Away Simulations this morning: http://flyawaysimula...media-released/Looks good but it did not have me wanting to do a pre-order. If MS wants to generate some real excitement, they are going to have to do better than that.JMHO

Guest ShinyJetSyndrome

"How could we possibly know?" could apply to this whole forum IMHO.It's Speculation Central.

It's Speculation Central.
Led by speculation co-CEO's Brandon and Alain.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

+1You sure nailed that one!!!:LMAO:Regards, Mike Mann

I think I will have an opinion after it is released and I have it installed on my PC, until then not really much to say other than the videos and screenshots look very nice but who knows if that is in the final product.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Oh man, that made my day! :(

Brandon Filer

Who said I'm speculating? :( Just take the new Flight engine dilemma and go back as far as you can on forums I've posted on and read what I said on the subject, since MS announced Flight from the BEGINNING I always said that Flight was FSX engine reworked, on some forums I was received like a wolf in a chicken's barn, everybody told me I lost my mind, they were calling me names on some of the forums...now after some times how many of you are still thinking that Flight is a brand 100% spanking new engine out of the box....pfff... I also said from the beginning that you will not be able to use your FSX addons with Flight, now looking at the "unofficial" pic. do you still think you will?....pfff....Let me say ....pfff ....again later down the road after MS release a little more on Flight and we can compare it to what I said already....are we not having fun speculating....:(

The only indication of how good the SDK is going to be is a few lines on the Flight website :( There is way too little info yet to go diving into these kinds of polls.

Obviously, anything we say or think is speculation; there are little hard facts out.I go with a revamped FSX engine because:1. Their development time is relatively, and they have obviously put a lot of work into scenery design; where would they have the time to totally rewrite a FS engine that has been ten years in the making?2. It appears to have the look and feel of FSx down to some of the flaws.3. I think a revamping will still be needed to take advantage of mult-core CPUs, and to integrate it smoothly into the new application model for Windows 8 (AppX.)I also go with moderately realistic because they started down that road with FSX (eye candy and neat stuff like catapult launches and sling loads over enhanced realism), and nothing I have read so far leads me to believe they will change direction with this new release.I also believe a revamped SDK will be in the works because:1. For all intents and purposes, the current SDK is ten years old; we have to resort to DOS based tools to do some things.2. They have indicated the future is no longer native code like C++ but Java, HTML and CSS; it would only make sense to release a new set of tools that uses the new platform.To see where they will go with Flight, keep your eyes on Windows 8 and MS Office. They just announced their new version of MS Office with more of the applications online, and the App Store will be for Windows 8. Flight will not be developed in a vaccum, expect it to fit in with the rest of the "new world" of Windows 8 and future verions of other MS products.-James

ROFLMAO

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.