•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Need some help - Need to install simconnect client

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 N1G

N1G

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 10 Months and 3 Days Ago.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hi All,I had a pc configured and remember doing the client install but cant remember where to get the client install. I looked on the fsx disk1 and there was an sdk folder. I tried running the msi but it wanted everything else in the folder. I tried installing that but Active Sky did not recognize that it had been installed.Can someone help me with this. It cant be downloaded anywhere.Any help would be much appreciated.RegardsBob Ginn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 JSkorna

JSkorna

Member - 8,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 23,202 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 9 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hi,You install the SDK, then you run the SimConnect.msi file to install SimConnect. All this happens on the client computer, not the FSX computer!
Thanks,

Jim
Posted Image
http://www.air-source.us/

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

#3 N1G

N1G

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

Hey Jim,Got it done and ASE appears to be doing everything right but no weather to FSX on the server. I watched the log in the app and the only thing I did not see was "connected to FS". I was looking for the log files but could not find them. I looked in the ASE folder where I installed but nothing there.Bob

Hi,You install the SDK, then you run the SimConnect.msi file to install SimConnect. All this happens on the client computer, not the FSX computer!

Hey Jim,Got it done and ASE appears to be doing everything right but no weather to FSX on the server. I watched the log in the app and the only thing I did not see was "connected to FS". I was looking for the log files but could not find them. I looked in the ASE folder where I installed but nothing there.Bob

#4 JSkorna

JSkorna

Member - 8,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 23,202 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 9 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

Hi,Did you set up the 3 configuration files, put your network ip address in 2 of them, place the 3 files in the proper locations, allow SimConnect access through both firewallls and run the AI Traffic utility on the client with FSX running on the server in order to check the connections?
Thanks,

Jim
Posted Image
http://www.air-source.us/

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

#5 N1G

N1G

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hi Jim,Got it working. I ran the Traffic.exe file after I double checked all files etc, and the instructions stated that if everything was correct I would see a console application, if not, the app would close. Well the console app never appeared but it also stayed in memory. So I ran ASE and all is well.As far as the console app not appearing, this is maybe something with Win 7 64 bit as the client. What a pain in the you know what. Also making a complete image of the client machine so I dont have to do this again. I thank you for your time and concern Jim, I really appreciate it.RegardsBob

Hi,Did you set up the 3 configuration files, put your network ip address in 2 of them, place the 3 files in the proper locations, allow SimConnect access through both firewallls and run the AI Traffic utility on the client with FSX running on the server in order to check the connections?

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!