Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Need some help - Need to install simconnect client

Hi All,I had a pc configured and remember doing the client install but cant remember where to get the client install. I looked on the fsx disk1 and there was an sdk folder. I tried running the msi but it wanted everything else in the folder. I tried installing that but Active Sky did not recognize that it had been installed.Can someone help me with this. It cant be downloaded anywhere.Any help would be much appreciated.RegardsBob Ginn

Hi,You install the SDK, then you run the SimConnect.msi file to install SimConnect. All this happens on the client computer, not the FSX computer!

Hey Jim,Got it done and ASE appears to be doing everything right but no weather to FSX on the server. I watched the log in the app and the only thing I did not see was "connected to FS". I was looking for the log files but could not find them. I looked in the ASE folder where I installed but nothing there.Bob

Hi,You install the SDK, then you run the SimConnect.msi file to install SimConnect. All this happens on the client computer, not the FSX computer!
Hey Jim,Got it done and ASE appears to be doing everything right but no weather to FSX on the server. I watched the log in the app and the only thing I did not see was "connected to FS". I was looking for the log files but could not find them. I looked in the ASE folder where I installed but nothing there.Bob

Hi,Did you set up the 3 configuration files, put your network ip address in 2 of them, place the 3 files in the proper locations, allow SimConnect access through both firewallls and run the AI Traffic utility on the client with FSX running on the server in order to check the connections?

Hi Jim,Got it working. I ran the Traffic.exe file after I double checked all files etc, and the instructions stated that if everything was correct I would see a console application, if not, the app would close. Well the console app never appeared but it also stayed in memory. So I ran ASE and all is well.As far as the console app not appearing, this is maybe something with Win 7 64 bit as the client. What a pain in the you know what. Also making a complete image of the client machine so I dont have to do this again. I thank you for your time and concern Jim, I really appreciate it.RegardsBob

Hi,Did you set up the 3 configuration files, put your network ip address in 2 of them, place the 3 files in the proper locations, allow SimConnect access through both firewallls and run the AI Traffic utility on the client with FSX running on the server in order to check the connections?