Sign in to follow this  
Mustang92

Roll Rate and Elevator

NICE 210, just the Aileron roll rate is way too slow for this aircraft, and the elevator is a bit too sensitive! Also agree with all the other minor snags mentioned.

Yes I find the elevator quite sensitive to...I didn't have time to fly the plane but that was very noticable.I really like the panel lighting and the fact that they decided to add support for RXP's GNS while maintaining the 3d architecture.David DD

+1 for elevator sensitivity!It would be great if Carenado could polish the FDE just a bit more^^Pierre

Both really easy to fix in FSUIPC....

Guest bstolle
the Aileron roll rate is way too slow for this aircraft, and the elevator is a bit too sensitive!
@ mustang92, smokeyupahead, pochi & glenn harrallCould you please state how many hours each of you has on the real 210 and how high the roll and pitch rate should be? That would make fixing those items easier than simply stating 'too slow' etc...

OK, In Real Life, I have flown them all 1967 210G - 1986 210R and the Turbo versions (1800 Hours+) My favourite is the 1979 T210N model though, first year with gear doors removed and the lightest standard empty weight with standard equipment, not the II.Roll Rate should be about 60-90 degrees per second at 120 KIAS Va and full aileron.

@ mustang92, smokeyupahead, pochi & glenn harrallCould you please state how many hours each of you has on the real 210 and how high the roll and pitch rate should be? That would make fixing those items easier than simply stating 'too slow' etc...
Zero but over 100 in 172's and 152's. Plus I was only stating that it is easy to fix sensitivity issues in FSUIPC if the user so desires. I was not making ANY statment to what is correct or not correct.

Hi,I have no experience in the real world but I don't think you need any to tell that the elevator is way to sensitive, I'm sure that a real plane wouldn't be like that. How should it be? As I said I can't say exactly but I know that the elevator is a little to sensitive compared to other addons and maybe the alierons are a little to sluggish (here I could be totally wrong, mine is just an observation...).I could easily look that information up on the internet or ask some pilots I know to confirm but I know there are a lot of real world pilots on these forums who can elaborate more than I can do ( just like they already did).Mine was just an observation...no offence to anyone, I just want to make this plane a little better...Cheers,David DD
Zero but over 100 in 172's and 152's. Plus I was only stating that it is easy to fix sensitivity issues in FSUIPC if the user so desires. I was not making ANY statment to what is correct or not correct.
Hi Glenn,how would you do that in fuispc?I have "control spike elimination" checked for elevator, is there something else I can do?Thanks,David DD

Guest bstolle
Roll Rate should be about 60-90 degrees per second at 120 KIAS Va and full aileron.
That comes as a real surprise to me as all the bigger shoulder wing Cessnas e.g. 206 etc. are known for their bad control harmonization, weak ailerons and too sensitive elevator.90deg/sec is even more than a highly maneuverable WWII fighter like the Bf 109!
I have no experience in the real world but I don't think you need any to tell that the elevator is way to sensitive, I'm sure that a real plane wouldn't be like that.
As stated above, the 206 etc. do have a very sensitive elevator. Maybe it's your joystick setup but I don't think that the elevator is too sensitive, at least not significant. The bad harmonization makes it look like this when compared with the aileron and rudder.Don't have any problems during take off rotation and landing flare.E.g. the DR400 is even more sensitive with the 'flying tail' You can't compare a Cessna with e.g. the delightful harmonized controls of a Beech.

As stated above, the 206 etc. do have a very sensitive elevator. Maybe it's your joystick setup but I don't think that the elevator is too sensitive, at least not significant. The bad harmonization makes it look like this when compared with the aileron and rudder.Don't have any problems during take off rotation and landing flare.E.g. the DR400 is even more sensitive with the 'flying tail' You can't compare a Cessna with e.g. the delightful harmonized controls of a Beech.
Thanks for the insight... I am here to learn not to bash...What do you mean by bad harmonization?Can you confirm that the trim is also very sensitive to in the real aircraft?Cheers,David DD

Guest bstolle
What do you mean by bad harmonization?Can you confirm that the trim is also very sensitive to in the real aircraft?Cheers,David DD
A plane with nice harmonized controls has almost identical control pressure and reaction to yoke and rudder input.E.g. turning the yoke half way to the left produces a similar roll rate like when pushing the yoke half way forward produces a certain pitch rate or yaw rate when pushing the left rudder pedal halfway.Pitch and roll motion stops similary fast around all axes when neutralizing the controls etc.. Haven't flown a 210 but e.g the real DR400 is almost impossible to trim for level flight due to it's sensitivity.Don't think the trim so overly sensitive on the 210.Maybe it's your techinque? IRL you use the elevator to achive the required rate of descend and thereafter you just trim the resulting push or pull force away.You don't trim the plane into a new attitude but as there are no control forces in FSX this is more difficult to achive than IRL.

A plane with nice harmonized controls has almost identical control pressure and reaction to yoke and rudder input.E.g. turning the yoke half way to the left produces a similar roll rate like when pushing the yoke half way forward produces a certain pitch rate or yaw rate when pushing the left rudder pedal halfway.Pitch and roll motion stops similary fast around all axes when neutralizing the controls etc.. Haven't flown a 210 but e.g the real DR400 is almost impossible to trim for level flight due to it's sensitivity.Don't think the trim so overly sensitive on the 210.Maybe it's your techinque? IRL you use the elevator to achive the required rate of descend and thereafter you just trim the resulting push or pull force away.You don't trim the plane into a new attitude but as there are no control forces in FSX this is more difficult to achive than IRL.
I know the proper trim technique..., and I didn't explain myself when I said it was to sensitive, it just takes less clickes to trim out the aircraft compared to other addons. No problem there...sorry.You are essentially saying that, and correct me if I'm wrong..., that either the roll, yaw or pitch movement is somehow not harmonic, a nice way of saying that one of the sensitivity of the 3 axis is not spot on. That's what feels awkward with this plane especially if you come from flying the Realair Duke, Orbx Lancair or even some other Carenado aircrat like the Cessna 152 or the 182rg, to mention the ones I have.Harmony is the correct word to describe the feeling when flying the T210M, and that's what is missing in it...Thank you,David DD

Guest bstolle
Harmony is the correct word to describe the feeling when flying the T210M, and that's what is missing in it...
It's a Cessna and not a Beechcraft :( Presently I'm working on new super high quality flight dynamics for the Carenado (and the default) Baron....you will feel the difference right away...

It's a Cessna and not a Beechcraft :( Presently I'm working on new super high quality flight dynamics for the Carenado (and the default) Baron....you will feel the difference right away...
Wow that sounds great! I'm gonna have to get the Baron in my hangar soon...Once your done why not do the same for the T210M?Cheers,David DD