Sign in to follow this  
Helge Rasmussen

VoxATC version?

Hi, I bought the VoxATC from the avsim store, and received it today on DVD.The box says "New Versioin!", but I do not see the same utilities in my install as is shown in the pdf on VoxAtc.com (for instance, I do not have a Flight Plan Extras utility.Furthermore, the screenshot on the shop site shows it as a "Deluxe Edition", the box I got does not have this text!So I have a few questions:Did I receive an old version?How do I see what version I in fact have?Anyone know how to contact the shop? I cannot find a contact link anywhere.Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Answering this myself since I got a response from VoxATC support.I did get the old version, but Tegwyn was so nice as to upgrade me to latest. Great support! Thanks :)I still do not know how to contact the avsim.com shop to talk to them about this.

Helge Rasmussen

Ok, isn't that current anymore. Maybe they do some stickers or notes for the boxed things to point every buyer to the Tegwyn way of getting the current release. AtIf it just had been some .x version difference, at least the serial would work.You are right, there's no note about the actual version of the box. http://www.simpilot.com/servlet/the-7/VoxATC-dsh-X-Deluxe/Detail

Problem is retailers will only have v5 boxed stock and this will be old stock.Online retailers could put a note on the website advising to contact Tegwyn. Something should be done.I don't think we'll see v6 boxed until Tegwyn finishes the update to the Enhanced version.Chris

I can understand that, and I do not blame Tegwyn for this.Its just strange that there is no way to contact the web shop, I even tried to contact them on the mail I got from them as confirmation on the order, but no word from them at all. They were quick at sending the box, and even though it wasn't what I expected (since the web page didnt say old version), I am happy now since Tegwyn helped me.I am not sure I will use avsims shop anymore though as it apparently is not possible to contact them.Helge

Helge Rasmussen

I bought VoxAtc from the Avsim Store and got an outdated version as well. I believe is 5.5.I went to VoxAtc website and it states that my key cannot be used to upgrade. I feel like the Avsim store should put a disclaimer or at least include ver number in the product description.I tried using the contact form on VoxAtc site but haven't got any answer so far (been a few days already). Does anybody know of another way to get in contact with the developer? Maybe they are able to help me like they did with the OP.Thanks in advance.

Hi Ramirin,Yes, exactly the same situation as I was in. and I cannot find a link or anything to contact the store. I would complain if I just could find a place to complain to. Regarding contacting support, I think your are contacting the developer himself (Tegwyn), maybe he is on vacation. Anyway,I will pm you the email address I have although I think its just the one that the website on voxatc.com uses. Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Only thing I can suggest now is to get hold of the shop. SInce there is no link to it, then I would try to contact the AVSIM administrators for instance by sending a PM to Tom Allensworth. Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Answering this myself since I got a response from VoxATC support. I did get the old version, but Tegwyn was so nice as to upgrade me to latest. Great support! Thanks :)I still do not know how to contact the avsim.com shop to talk to them about this.
Real nice of the developer to upgrade you for free. The same thing happened to me, I purchased the software(Avsim Store) thinking it was the latest version and he (Tegwyn ) basically told me to take a hike! too bad! after two emails requesting the upgrade. Yea, Great "Customer Support" giving to a new customer and potential future customers. Now I'm stuck with this software that is old and dosn't have the new features of 6.05 you have. I am not going to upgrade and spend another $50 USA for an upgrade I should have got for free! I don't think it's my fault the store didn't have the version number on the site. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know about any version number. I put my trust on the store thinking I purchased the latest up-to-date software! until I came here to the forms looking for some help on some functions of the software and saw you're post by accident. I wish I can send it back to the Avsim store and get my $$$ back but I doubt that will happened. Hey, I don't mind a 15 to 20 dollar upgrade, but $55-60! That's crazy $$ for an upgrade! The software is a good don't get me wrong but IMO, it is no way worth that much to upgrade. Oh well, more money down the drain and thrown away on Flight Sim software! It's not the first time. This hobby is getting way too expensive...I guess In away Tegwyn is right, My fault for trusting the store. My fault for not doing my homework before the purchase. peace!