Sign in to follow this  
Helge Rasmussen

Invalid pointer operation

Hi Artem,I don't know what I have done, but now, whenever I start LINDA, I get a "Invalid pointer operation." message.If I click ok to that, I see the "Configuration and Checklist window" saying everything is ok.If I chose an aircraft in that, I get: "Access violation at address 05EB0E9 in module 'LINDA.exe'. Read of address 00000064"I have tried to restart my computer, that didn't help.I have tried to clean up my modules folder and reinstall linda 1.02, that didn't help.I have tried to use SerialFP2, that worked. I could use the Combo to control the default Cessna with it, Any suggestions?Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Helge, have no idea actually, but I'll send you the current build in PM for test.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

That didn't make a change.I get the same message (Invalid pointer operation) both if the combo is turned on or off.I have tried to delete the fsuipc4.ini and let fsuipc recreate it. Linda still crashes.None of the log files contain anything interesting. Linda2.log is emptyWhat I know I did yesterday was to install a Matrox TrippleHead2Go. It worked before that. I have tried to disconnect it, but linda still crashes. The drivers still are installed though.TrippleHead2Go is a display thing, so why should that have anything to do with LINDA? Sounds strange. Can you see any connection?Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Deleting fsuipc.ini will not help anyway.. GUI doesn't depend on it. And same for MCP on or off.Try to temporary rename the /linda-cfg/system folder to any other name.. and then, if it doesn't help, the whole linda-cfg folder.And if it helps do not delete anything - zip and send your files to me.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

That didn't help. I pm'd you a link a rar file with the contents of my modules folder.I deleted fsuipc4.ini because I was looking for a file with some state in it, and having already tryed to replace all of linda with the original from the 1.02 I couldn't think of anything else.

Helge Rasmussen

Just to let everyone know...The problem is fixed, it was an old version of the software for TrippleHead2Go that caused the problem. Updating to the latest version fixed it.Thanks to Artem for using time on this :(

Helge Rasmussen

Hello to everybody, I have the same problem mentioned above. But I don't have triple head software installed. Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Stefan Boeff

old version of the software for TrippleHead2Go
Hello sir'sSame over here. win7 64b TripleHead2Go. Updated drivers - no more error messages on start and my saitek yoke shows up.thx!

So, am I to assume there have been zero problems with linda since 2011???....or am Barking up the wrong tree?....

Prepar3dv2.1 getting invalid pointer operation

Using Estonia migration tool and latest version of FSUIPC

(With all button info deleted)

No joysticks are seen...

Yet, Linda front screen says ok to everything except for the MCP which I don't have

Please advise

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I found my solution: the Kensington Trackball I was using cause the problem. Wen't back to simple mouse and LINDA is happy.

I'm getting the Invalid pointer operation when the application starts, and no joysticks are found. I haven't encountered an access violation yet though. This has always happened, I've not changed anything.

I have tried unplugged every peripheral except my Logitech Unifying Receiver which I need in order to have mouse/keyboard control. I've also been through device manager and removed every device that looks like it might be considered an input or tracking device of some sort. No joy.

It would be great if we could have a little more diagnostic output. If the error is LINDA is trying to access a device and failing, it would be nice to know which device it's failing with so I can go hunt & destroy. I don't know whether this helps, but I tried Linda2 and got a different error. "Device cannot be opened"

Hi dpwood

Can you open the Console on LINDA and cut and paste the lines around the error message you are getting?  If necessary click 'Reload LAU engine' to get a clean start.  I will see what I can decode for you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

The error isn't in the console. It's a dialog that appears when the application starts. Here's the full console output though:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.937 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "E:\Games\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=12660000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
System time = 19/11/2014 18:52:27
FLT path = "E:\Media\Docs\Flight Simulator X Files\"
Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
FS path = "E:\Games\FSX\"
LogOptions=00000000 00000001
SIM1 Frictions access gained
Wind smoothing may be by ASN, not FSUIPC, if it is running
Will switch smoothing action when ASN starts/stops
G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
Initialising SimConnect data requests now
FSUIPC Menu entry added
E:\Games\FSX\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
E:\Games\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

--- NEW LOGGING SESSION -----------

I know FSUIPC isn't registered yet, but I get the error whether or not FSX is running. Reloading the LUA engine produced no further output.

Hi dpwood

Thank you for posting the console log.  Apart from the prerequisite of requiring a full version of FSUIPC, what the log tells me is that your aircraft is not being loaded correctly. Try changing the FSX default aircraft to something like C172. Also go to the LINDA MCP Combo setup page and ensure the enabled box in unchecked.  Do you have the aircraft type displayed in the top LINDA dropdown box. Without a module matching your aircraft it should show 'FSX Default'.

The log should next show the system/sim time and then 'Aircraft="Aircreation 582SL"' followed by 'Starting everything now'.  

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew