Sign in to follow this  
Ramirin

No help at developer's forum!

Hi there,Last Saturday I went over the painful process of reinstalling FSX. Now it turns out that EZCA doesn't want to work.I downloader ver 1.15 wrapper off Flight1 and istalled it but it doesn't show up under the add ons menu.I don't get any errors during installation, and EZCA starts at the same time as FSX but it just won't show on the menu. I know it is not connecting to FSX because I do not see the camera effects working.I've used it since I bought it last year with the same hardware with no problems, until now.I tried unistalling, manually deleting files and folders, reactivating my key file with Flight1, disabling UAC and antivirus (Avast), going back to ver 1.13 and also 1.17 beta.I copied this from a user on their forums. I have exactly the same problem:1. Ezca installs fine, make the preparations to FSX following the manual instructions.2. EZCA installed as trusted software on FSX3. Run the Config Tool (everything with admin mode).4. The app never appears on the Addons Menu, no matter what i do.5. EZCA appears on task manager when using FSX.6. When in window mode and clicking the app, it appears as Not Connected.7. When i quit the Flight Simulator, i get the following message: "FSX process not found, FSX handle 0".The reason I post here is because it's been 2 days since I posted at the dev forum and haven't got any replays so far.I appreciate any help you guys can provide!

Unfortunatley help is sometimes slow to come on the EZdok forum as I have experienced the wait as well.If its not appearing in your addon menu, then it might not be turned on or added to your exe.xml. Here's a copy of mine so you can see what it should look like.<?xml version='1.0' encoding='Windows-1252'?><SimBase.Document Type='Launch' version='1,0'><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>exe.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon> <Name>Couatl</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Name>UT2</Name> <Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path> <NewConsole>True</NewConsole></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon> <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>C:\Program Files\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>Make sure the area I put in bold is in the exe.xml and that its set to <Disabled>False</Disabled>.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

.. and if cmpbell's suggestion doesn't fix it - then I believe you are having a SimConnect issue, Ram. I'm assuming you're running FSX SP2 here, so first thing - load the SDK - default install - from your FSX disks. Once it's installed go to the internet and download the SDK for SP1a, install it, find SDK for SP2, install it - then browse to this folder:- (I think you have to do it in that order, but I might be wrong and you may only have to install the SDK for SP2).C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib ...and run SimConnect.msi. It will reinstall SimConnect and you should be on your way.http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=10027http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FSXSDK-SP2Update.aspx

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I can only compliment the other guy's helpful advices with some more.I ran into them when re-installing EZCA, so maybe they are of use for you.

1. Run the Flight1 installer (red plane symbol) to reinstall the thing and also turn off antivirus, Windows UAC and run it with right click 'run as admin'. So the normal and extracted installer from EZCA is only second best there. That's a recommendation from Flight1 itself.
  2. Make sure your registry entry for FSX is correct. There's a simple repair tool on the Flight1 site and this seems to have more influence than a user may think.

Guest jahman

Also use the Registry Update tool to make sure your FSX key in the Registry is pointing to your FSX installation.Cheers,- jahman.

Most likely there was a problem with the exe.xml and so the EZCA installer could not insert the required lines (see cmpbellsjc's post above).You can verify that your exe.xml is well-formed by going to this URL: http://validator.w3.org/ (select the "Validate by Direct Input" tab, paste the content of your exe.xml and press the "check" button. The result should be "passed").On Vista / Win7 the exe.xml file is located in the "C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" folder.

First of all I want to thank all of you who replied with your advice.I checked the exe.xml file and looks OK. The only add on showing is EZCA. Nevertheless, I used the web app to check for errors and the file came out good.I even renamed it and let FSX rebuild it again but that didn't help.About the Simconnect issue, that was actually the reason I reinstalled FSX from scratch. I was (and still am) getting a simconnect failure while loading the A2A Piper Cub. The other reason was to eliminate an issue with FSX going into a black screen with only audio, after I selected any menu (like map or change time/season).Since I have the SDK on the CD I will give Paul's suggestion a try. Keeping my hopes high, I'll report back.

Ok, Ram - but don't forget - the SDK version MUST match the Service Pack version of FSX.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I believe that black screen problem with the menu bar is actually a driver problem. Reinstalling FSX didn't fix it for me (nVidia issue).

My problem just got bigger.Since I manually deleted the simconnect folders inside C:\Windows\WinSys as per Scott's (from A2A) instructions, the SDK package will not install this back. No even after a uninstall of FSX, running CCleaner and installing on different driver, partition etc. The folders are gone for good and will only be restored after a reinstall of the operating system. Great. If this is what it takes then I'll be out of the flightsimming hobby until my next upgrade cycle (probably 6 month down the road when Bulldozer or Ivy Bridge are released)I will try another solution tonight when I get home. I will install FSX and Sps on my Win7 laptop and will try to copy the 3 simconnect folders over to my desktop PC. Hopefully this works because I don't wanna miss the upcoming PMDG 737!

My problem just got bigger.Since I manually deleted the simconnect folders inside C:\Windows\WinSys as per Scott's (from A2A) instructions, the SDK package will not install this back. No even after a uninstall of FSX, running CCleaner and installing on different driver, partition etc. The folders are gone for good and will only be restored after a reinstall of the operating system. Great. If this is what it takes then I'll be out of the flightsimming hobby until my next upgrade cycle (probably 6 month down the road when Bulldozer or Ivy Bridge are released)I will try another solution tonight when I get home. I will install FSX and Sps on my Win7 laptop and will try to copy the 3 simconnect folders over to my desktop PC. Hopefully this works because I don't wanna miss the upcoming PMDG 737!
If you manually deleted the SimConnect.dll - it is now sitting in the Recycle Bin.Also, instead of reinstalling all the FSX, the os or whatever else you want to uninstall and reinstall - just roll the system back to an earlier date, using the Control Panel -> System & Security -> Action Center -> Restore your system to an earlier time.

If you manually deleted the SimConnect.dll - it is now sitting in the Recycle Bin.Also, instead of reinstalling all the FSX, the os or whatever else you want to uninstall and reinstall - just roll the system back to an earlier date, using the Control Panel -> System & Security -> Action Center -> Restore your system to an earlier time.
Ccleaner erased wathever was on the recycle bin, so it's empty now. System restore is a no-go since the oldest restore point is from after I deleted the simconnect folders. This is from Pete Dawson (FSUIPC):"If this is the case I'm afraid I know of no easy solution. I got the same on my test PC -- I deliberately messed it up in order to try and work out a way to fix it, hopefully automatically. I ended up reinstalling Windows to fix it. That was with Win7 though. It used to be easier with XP -- depending on how out of date your XP is. It used to be possible to actually delete the three WinSxS SimConnect folders and then re-run the three SimConnect installers (simconnect.msi) from the FSX SDK.. The fact that the folders were missing seemed to allow it to reinstall correctly. However, that seemed to stop working and only succeeded in wrecking all three SimConnects instead, again necessitating a Windows install. Maybe it's a risk you could take if you make a full restore point first so you can roll back. But don't say you weren't warned!"

Just to close this topic, let me share my experiences. If you are using Windows 7, NEVER delete, change ownership or permissions in the WinSys folder.I installed FSX on my Win7 laptop, then proceded to copy the simconnect folders over to my desktop PC. I had to make myself owner of the Winsys folder and give myself full control in order to add the folders to it. So I did that and FSX started working correctly.... untill I rebooted.Windows would fail to load every time. Not even in safe mode. I was able to "restore to last good known config" and after what it seemed like an eternity, Windows booted up. But it was all messed up. Half the services were not loading and most programs wouldn't execute, popin' up .dll errors.From within Windows a did another restore to the oldest date available, but this time it didn't work. No boot again.Since I keep all my data backed up in two different drives I went ahead and reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch. I added all the drivers and updates and then installed FSX. Everything works beautifully now.If you are thinking of playing around with the winsys folder to fix simmconect, don't even try. This method (and the SDK installation method) worked fine on Windows XP but it will not work in Win7. The only way to fix a bad simconnect dll is to reinstall Windows. By the way, 10 days later I still haven't received support on the Ezca forum.Thanks to all who tried to help me!

Ramiro,I have sent a note to the developer. He should be chiming in there shortly.
Thanks Jeff.I have already fixed my problem, after reinstalling Windows 7.It is a shame that such a good add on has zero customer support from the developer. I clicked on his profile and his last post was on May 19.Hopefully he's gone dark because he is deep into Ezca Ver 2.0Once again, thanks for looking into this.