Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

NGX RAAS option?

Hey lucky testers,I know I've brought up the topic in the past but so far have not had a reply IIRC, and since we should be much farther down the road by now, I thought maybe there might be a new status as to if RAAS will be an option on the NGX or not, or maybe for a future update. I'd so much like to have this feature as it seems to become more and more common. Plus it's been said by the devs it might be feasible for the T7 if they had accurate rwy data (which I suppose they should have). I know this means nothing as to if the NGX might or might not have it, but oh well I'm still dearly hoping for it.Thanks!sig.gif

Alright, thanks for the update. Hm, hoping for the SP then. If you really plan to add features in the SPs and not just fix bugs, I'd hereby cast my vote for this system. :(sig.gif

It's a system (runway awareness and advisory system) that helps to prevent runway incursions. You'll get different aural callouts during taxi that ensure you're on the correct runway, and also on approach. You may want to read more at Honeywell if you like. Actually they even have a more dedicated website that deals with the topic of runway safety. There's also videos on YT that show some of its features.sig.gif

Thanks guys, Etienne I will check that out. smile.gif
You're welcome, and make sure to check out second 0:08 here to get an idea of what it sounds like as well, albeit that's a rather short example. :(sig.gifEDIT: There seems to be a
!EDIT2:
... Edited by badderjet

Very nice feature. Tounge.gif

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

You're welcome, and make sure to check out second 0:08 here to get an idea of what it sounds like as well, albeit that's a rather short example. :(sig.gifEDIT: There seems to be a
!EDIT2:
Thank you. Very neat feature indeed.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Jeez guys!You guys are gonna try and stuff so much avionics in this thing...RAAS, HGS, FMS's, acronyms abound...Pretty soon the avionics bay is gonna have to extend up into the lav!

The NGX does not have RAAS. It may be looked at for a service pack, but no guarantees.
Could be so nice to have this feature ! Hope it will be done for the B777, or even for a Future 737 NGX pack :rolleyes:I'am currently working on it with a other guy from IVAO : check this : http://fr.forum.ivao.aero/index.php/topic,183031.0.html