Sign in to follow this  
flapsdown

Bottom half of VC is blacked out

Just as stated, when I hit Shift-1 to display the Carenado 530 GPS, the GPS displays, but the whole bottom half of my virtual cockoit is a black rectangle.Reinstalls and patches don't fix it - anybody seen this or have an answer?Thx,Chris B. aka "flapsdown"

Yes my 210 does the same thing when I use Shift + 1. Like you I have reloaded the aircraft + the latest patch out today but it still blacks out the panel. I also can't get the 530 (default) GPS to pop-up, how about you?ian

Yes my 210 does the same thing when I use Shift + 1. Like you I have reloaded the aircraft + the latest patch out today but it still blacks out the panel. I also can't get the 530 (default) GPS to pop-up, how about you?ian
The 530 GPS does display and work, but its shown positioned over a large blacked out rectangle which covers the bottom half of the virtual cockpit view...Chris B.

The 530 GPS does display and work, but its shown positioned over a large blacked out rectangle which covers the bottom half of the virtual cockpit view...Chris B.
Need a bit more info.FSX SP1?? SP2?? Acceleration??What si your screen resolution settings?? etc..I have had this only once or twice with other addons, and it only happened to the [Windows00] entryIn that case I just moved it to another WindowXX setting:make backup of panel.cfg file. copy file and safe as something else like panel_original.cfg.then open the file called panel.cfgunder window Titles Cut the Window00=GPS and past after Window03 and rename the Window00 to Window04 like below. Then just rename the section header [Window00] to [window04]. (the sections dont have to be in specific order so the [window00] section can stay where it is, it just become [window04])See red indicated areas to change. Then use Shift 5 to open/close the popup.[Window Titles]Window01=ManualWindow02=Control WindowsWindow03=INFOWindow04=GPS//--------------------------------------------------------[Window04]Background_color=255,255,255 size_mm=520,378window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=794window_size= 0.360, 0.438window_pos= 0.015, 0.530zorder=15gauge00=Gps_530_3D_210!gps_500, 0,0,520,378gauge01=CCTC!Toggle_GPS, 87,28,348,260//--------------------------------------------------------Window01]etc......etc......

Need a bit more info.FSX SP1?? SP2?? Acceleration??What si your screen resolution settings?? etc..I have had this only once or twice with other addons, and it only happened to the [Windows00] entryIn that case I just moved it to another WindowXX setting:make backup of panel.cfg file. copy file and safe as something else like panel_original.cfg.then open the file called panel.cfgunder window Titles Cut the Window00=GPS and past after Window03 and rename the Window00 to Window04 like below. Then just rename the section header [Window00] to [window04]. (the sections dont have to be in specific order so the [window00] section can stay where it is, it just become [window04])See red indicated areas to change. Then use Shift 5 to open/close the popup.[Window Titles]Window01=ManualWindow02=Control WindowsWindow03=INFOWindow04=GPS//--------------------------------------------------------[Window04]Background_color=255,255,255 size_mm=520,378window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=794window_size= 0.360, 0.438window_pos= 0.015, 0.530zorder=15gauge00=Gps_530_3D_210!gps_500, 0,0,520,378gauge01=CCTC!Toggle_GPS, 87,28,348,260//--------------------------------------------------------Window01]etc......etc......
FSX Standard SP2 Screen Resolution set to 1920 x 1080I will try the panel config changes you suggest, but I am wary, as I tried some changes that I think you posted to try and get the 430 to show as well and that didn't work for me either......but then I always seem to run into problems like this :-)Thx again for the suggested chnages, I will let you know.

yes the post that I suggested for the 430 to also show, was specifically if you use my modded gauges and I have NOT send you my gauges, so dont worry that it did not work. It would not work for you, because you dont have my file.See the post again where I posted the mod to show the 430 also... That was specifically addressed at Glen, that do have the modded file..!

this will only work if you have the modded files.always good habit to make backup of panel.cfg bfore u make changesopen panel.cfg with notpad.

Sorry I completely forgot about this solution also and might be the better one as then you still can use shift + 1the other solution is to copy another panel.cfg DIMMS entry.right at the bottom of the panel.cfg file you will see some X and Y entries.the current 210 entry after the patch look like this.[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=3500you can always try to copy another plane entry where window00 work like below: this should also resolve the issueThis is the FSX default C208 entry and I found that this one also work almost always addressing the half black screen.[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=6143

+1

+1
Fixed, thanks...but it would be nice if we could have both gns 530 and gns 430 popup.For now it is better than the half black screen I was getting!Just to let the developpers know I am getting crashes with the gns 430 that stops working, never had crashes before the update.Correct that: I'm getting crashes with other aircraft to so I guess it's my system...the only thing I did was run the fsx registry repair tool before...?All is good now there is a fix for that... :(

Sorry I completely forgot about this solution also and might be the better one as then you still can use shift + 1the other solution is to copy another panel.cfg DIMMS entry.right at the bottom of the panel.cfg file you will see some X and Y entries.the current 210 entry after the patch look like this.[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=3500you can always try to copy another plane entry where window00 work like below: this should also resolve the issueThis is the FSX default C208 entry and I found that this one also work almost always addressing the half black screen.[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=6143
Meant to get back sooner but life intruded :-0This Y value adjustment worked great and the screen is as it should be - thx again for your help!Chris B.