Sign in to follow this  
killerbee1958

fsx multi monitor setup

@Del57: Derek: Thanks for that tip on pause in TrackIr. Will defenitly try that out as i think that is a proper solution to my problem of tuning knobs while using TrackIr@Wotanuk: Ian: I feel more comfortabel going with Nvdia for FSx than ATI. Mind you ATI has beautiful graphic cards (using a 4890 now) but too many indications that nvdia and fsx are a better marriage.#Tui737: Mike Thanks for the info. The tip to look at youtube was very helpfull. I have looked at some of the vids and although very convincing i am still struggling with the concept. If i understand well the two ti560ti's in SLI will be able to support a 5760x1080 (3x 1920x1080)2,3 INfo on matrox side resolution. However the note 3 shows that this resolution is at 50 Hz and the (to be bought Ilyama's E2409HDS-B1 show as supported frequencies Frequenties 24 - 80 kHz horizontal55 - 75 Hz verticalQuestion 1: Is 50 Hz not a bit unconvient (too low refresh rate)?Will the 2409HDS-B1 support the 50 hz?Just to be sure. Is it right that i will zoom the cockpit to let's say .3 (which in fact enlarges the cockpit area to be viewed but at less detail, but due to the fact that the T2G creates the option to set a overall resolution of 5760 x 1080i that effective i have a wider and better view?)thanks for all your input. greatly appreciated.Lat but not least. By using dvi-1 to the T2G i still have the option of attaching a " 2nd" display to DVI2 (the T2G is seen to win7 and games as display 1 and the second display as display 2) Right?Kind regardsFred Koch
FredYes, DVI 1 to run TH2 DVI 2 can be used for another monitor. There are several resolutions that I've used with the TH2 without any problems. The old NG was easier to set because of the thinner pillars on the flight deck windows. The 747 is harder to sort butfrom the photos of the new NGX I just know this one will give lots of permitations. Even if you can't get exactly what you what I just adjust zoom & position & save. I would not want to go back to one monitornow. If I remember correctly the only restriction is that you can't use 2 x TH2 on one pc.

now. If I remember correctly the only restriction is that you can't use 2 x TH2 on one pc.
From Matrox website
Maximum of two GXMs per systemGXMs must be of the same make and model. See Multi-GXM Compatibility Tablefor detailsGraphics hardware must be a supported model with two available outputs of the required type. Supported models include Matrox M-Series, ATI HD 2000 & newer, ATI Fire MV/GL models, NVidia 8-Series & newer and NVidia Quadro models. For a complete list, visit the GXM system compatibility pageMulti-GXM stretched desktop support available only with Matrox M-Series cardsIndependent desktop support available with supported Matrox M-Series, ATI and NVIDIA graphics cardsGXM software suite 2.06 or above required and available for download from theDriver download page.

I found this vid on youtube which shows that eyefinity with fsx works fine (pretty good exampel of what can be achieved)

Keep in mind that the mcp is something that probably will not work with ngx but this vid makes we believe eyefinity is indeed a proper choice for fsx (especially with 2 x hd6950 in CF)Fred Koch

Yeah it's pretty impressive. One thing i will caution you on, sometimes pop up panels can be a problem. For example the Aerosoft Katana had issues with the maintenance screen, i could only get it working by moving back to a single screen. All panels look streched. The other word of caution would be regarding monitors, be careful, don't assume you can use 4x DVD monitors with a single card.

Ian R Tyldesley

just a quick question about matrox's dual head 2 go. i have as gaphiccard a nvidia 295 with two monitor plugs. is it possible with the dual head 2 go to make 2*24 inch screens to one big screen for the windows in fsx, and an additional 3rd monitor as the main panel?

just a quick question about matrox's dual head 2 go. i have as gaphiccard a nvidia 295 with two monitor plugs. is it possible with the dual head 2 go to make 2*24 inch screens to one big screen for the windows in fsx, and an additional 3rd monitor as the main panel?
Yes. For peace of mind you could also run the compatibility tool listed at the following url.http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/download/gxm/tool/

Yes. For peace of mind you could also run the compatibility tool listed at the following url.http://www.matrox.co...nload/gxm/tool/
alright thanks. I just was unsure about the difference between tripple and dual head2go. Just for understanding. In one port of the gtx295 I put in the dual head2go on which i put my two 24 inch screens together as one big "cockpit window" (just the landscape of fsx) and on the second port of the gtx295 i put in my third smaller screen on which I can put for example a 2D panel with ND PFD etc.i'm thinking about that setup but as said I was unsure about. have to buy new screen and the dual head2go

Just be sure you look over all three models before ordering, they each have different connections & abilities.

@wotanuk:ianUnderstood and thanks for that remark. I will be running the rig in CF so will have two 6950's installed. But it still might be that i need the active convetors to go from dp to dvi.(On the amount of money i am going to spent that will not make the difference :( )@nicolas83: Your config will work but as Ken is pointing out you need to check on the matrox site the possibility to output into the, for your goal, required graphic setting (3084 x 1020 for example) and the corresponding horizontal frequency. Make sure your current monitors support this frequencyregardsFred Koch

Understood and thanks for that remark. I will be running the rig in CF so will have two 6950's installed. But it still might be that i need the active convetors to go from dp to dvi.
No problem, ensure that you get the correct ones, they are active mini-display port to DVI convertors...there isn't a single word in that sentence that is not important. I bought Apple ones at first, they do not work, these worked for me: 2x StarTech.com Mini DisplayPort to DVI Active Adapter - DVI adapter - dual link - mini-DisplayPort (M) - DVI-D (F) - 20 cm ( DisplayPort 1.1 ) - blackIf you have any issues please let me know and i'll try to assist.By the way dual link may not be required, this depends on the single monitor resolution you are wanting to run. If you are interested, the 6970 will support 6 monitors using a display port hub (not sure these are out yet) or chain the monitors together. Just%20Kidding.gifCheers Edited by WotanUK

Ian R Tyldesley

Oke Ian,Thanks. I have ordered the new PC with the new displays with the active adapters all at once so i should be able to check everything is working before paying. (btw indeed a single link should suffice since i will be running the monitors in 1920x1080 but we will see :( )I have followed your recommandation and installed a single 6970 which will drive the four monitors. (one three monitor group 5760x 1080 and one other separte 1920 x 1080)I might have to take you up on that offer for support in the future but for the moment i am waiting for all parts to be available and the new rig to be delivered.I also like to work out things for myself. I found a interesting site with usefull info in mycockpit.orgWill probably keep me busy enough for some time but this rig should be ready to run 737ngx when it arrives.Fred Koch