Sign in to follow this  
jujumannn

FS2crew voice addition for PMDG MD 11

If PMDG doesn't release anything major after the new 777 or 747, then I'll consider it.

Cheers,

Thank you very much !

Kind Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Great news Bryan, thanks.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Oh man, I just bought the PMDG MD-11 after "mastering" the NGX with voice, and the next website I went to was FS2Crew to grab the MD-11 set. Now I find out there ISN'T a voice package?! I thought the MD-11 was newer than the 747 (which I bought about a month after buying the NGX)? Why wouldn't voice be a part of it? I guess "Combo" doesn't mean what it used to. The voice version for NGX is just the snizzle.

If I had known this, I would have just waited for the 777....now I'm afraid the 11 will just sit in the hanger. Anyone got that thread handy for dealing with a regrettable purchases? :huh:

Here you go. But your biggest regret is surely not checking the FS2Crew site to see if there was a voice set before purchase. You are at the end of long queue of people wanting it.

Guys, to be fair, we don't advertise the MD-11 as a "Voice Control" package, so please don't list FS2Crew MD-11 as a 'regrettable' purchase because it's not 'Voice Control'. :huh:

That's not fair to us.

A "Voice" MD-11 version is something I'd like to do... problem is time B)

• Upvote 1

Hmm, I always thought that FS2Crew for MD-11 has voice control. I have not bought it yet. Still sitting on the fence between it and MCE. I guess I have to dig deeper.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Guys, to be fair, we don't advertise the MD-11 as a "Voice Control" package, so please don't list FS2Crew MD-11 as a 'regrettable' purchase because it's not 'Voice Control'. :huh:

That's not fair to us.

A "Voice" MD-11 version is something I'd like to do... problem is time B)

Bryan:

With all due respect, you don't advertise FS2Crew MD-11 as "WITHOUT VOICE" either. As I stated in my original post, and I will take full blame for my lack of doing the proper homework, I incorrectly assumed that if the PMDG747 has a voice edition, and the PMDG MD11 was a newer product, there would be voice. I guess I should have spent a couple of hours finding out that "Combo Pack" (which BTW, if you have FSX, why would you also need a FS9 product?) is different from a "Special Bundle Pack" for the NGX, and now I see after installing it that the MD-11 is actually a FS2Crew 2010 product. There is not even small print at the bottom of the product page that it's either a BUTTON ONLY version or a NON-VOICE edition. Couple that with the mention of a UK/Euro Voice set, I don't think it's stretch for one to think it has INTERACTIVE voice included. (I will admit that it doesn't state that a microphone is required equipment, though. But LACK of a mention-or lack thereof-doesn't always necessarily mean the opposite either).

With as much as I absolutely love FS2Crew for the NGX, I will not list the MD-11's FS2Crew as a regrettable purchase, AS LONG AS FS2CREW ADMENDS THEIR PRODUCT PAGE TO REFLECT THIS so the next poor smluck doesn't make the same buying mistake I or others did. I think that's a descent resolution, don't you (I mean, until you create a Voice version!). For me, the NGX product's worth is immeasurable. ukflight is correct: my main regret is not realizing it is a Buyer's Beware market, so I guess I should consider the NGX package to have cost me about $66 USD. <_<

Extortion over failure to properly understand what you were buying. Yeah that's a great deal.

@seanBH: if you truly believe the mistake is an honest one, you should refrain from listing it as regrettable.

Extorting Bryan's reputation is despicable as he has been 110% upfront and honest with all his customers.

Your attitude needs serious work. Shame on you.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

Extortion over failure to properly understand what you were buying. Yeah that's a great deal.

I thought someone would see it my way! Thanks Randy! no...As I overly admitted I was implicit in the "deal", I thought some clarity for the good of all their potential customers was a good compromise. If you call that extortion, then I'm guilty as charged. Beware, though.... this is a thread multipage thread about customers who wished FS2Crew would've or should've created a voice version.

777fan: by all means, I do believe it was an honest mistake, and I did not list it as regrettable. But I think it's important for the wrong to be righted, hence...my suggestion to be clearer on the product page.

Looks guys, I didn't make all this up to be a pest- I am a very diehard FS2Crew customer and all I want to do is make sure that proper depiction of ANY product is given a customer. I must have read through 11 pages of the hype on the PMDG MD-11 thread (didn't pick up on ANY indication that there wasn't voice, but it wasn't about that), decided to buy it, installed it, and went straight to the FS2Crew page to buy the package. I've stated my thoughts as to why I thought I may have been misled, and I stand by those reasons. I don't mean to "extort" Bryan or anyone at FS2Crew, as it is this type of conversation that will either convince them they have a true need or they won't.

Would've could've should've has nothing to do with threatening a negative review based on your mistake. Amazing.