Sign in to follow this  
usafgadget

Support for GoFlight modules other than MCP /TQ-6

This setup indeed looks very promising. I am curious as to why the program only detected my CH joystick and GF TQ-6. I have 2 RP-48s, 1 GF-166, 1 GF-T8, and 4 WP-6. They are all seen by FSUIPC so I was wondering why they wouldn't show up in Linda? I am assuming because they don't have axis and not truely "joysticks". What would it take to see these modules supported?Regards,Chris

Chris,You are right, LINDA does detect ONLY the generic joystick (HID) devices. FSUIPC has it's own library to work with GF devices, that's why it can work with all other GFs too.I'm not sure if LINDA will support this devices or not. This definitely could be done (and there are many requests about the GF MCP), but it's out of my interest at the moment, sorry.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

FSUIPC has it's own library to work with GF devices, that's why it can work with all other GFs too.
Artem,Your product has great potential but it's limited if you are only looking at joysticks. Reading your documentation it's clear you want to make it easier for users to utilize FSUIPC offsets and you've clearly gone about tackling buttons on joysticks. As I'm sure you're aware, many of GF's modules are nothing more than buttons and rotaries without the axis so I can't imagine why they couldn't be supported.But alas it's your program and you'll do what you see fit. Maybe someday all the GF users out there will have a program that is flexible enough to support their needs that offers more than just a handful of options.Chris

Chris, You are right, certainly. If LINDA was a commercial project then it should support as many devices as possible, but in the current situation supporting a totally new device will cost me about a month (or even much more) of coding without any noticeable benefits for myself. Not saying that I need a device in my hands to make it work. I'll be glad to support GF devices just for fun, but it's a question of life priorities and free resources. As always.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning