I just got a Trackir 5 and generally am pleased that I can now look around. I have a couple of issues which may or may not be related to the setup.

1. I have the reflector rig on a baseball cap and I look straight ahead at the center of the screen and hit F12 to center the view. When I look ahead in FSX it's fine -- I see the top of the dashboard, however to look at the lower part of the panel (the switches for instance in the Cessna 172) I have to lower my head a lot but then I have to look up with my eyes to see the panel. In other words it's not a natural head movement as I would do in an aircraft.
  2. Sometimes I look to my right and down at my GoFlight deck console to hit a button of change the settings on my GF Autopilot, OR I pause the sim and get up out of my seat, but when I get back and look at the screen I'm outside on top of the aircraft. I have to move my head from side to side or up and down to get the view centered.
  3. Sometimes after moving around I find myself looking at the back of the seat headrest.

Are these just the limitations of the device or do I have something set incorrectly?ThanksAlan

Assign the pause and centre TrackIR commands to a couple of buttons on your joystick you will find that you need both fairly regularly depending on how fidgety you are in your seat :Just Kidding: Also you can tune the sensitivity of the movement, i.e. make it more sensitive when looking up and less when looking down or however you like it. If you like you can try the profile that I use below, you may have to change some of the settings, like for the joystick buttons to command pause and centre, but that is fairly easy. Do make sure you are centred well in front of the receiver, you can use the HUD within the TrackIR software to ensure this, just right click in the right hand main pane and select "show HUD". There is a picture below showing where you should be looking to centre the camera. The three green dots are the track clip on your cap.cameraview.jpgAnd here is my profile, copy it to C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles and select Andydigital in the profile field as shown in the image further down, tick the exclusive box while testing to make sure you are actually using my profile.http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21030205/Andydigital.xmlprofile.jpg

Cheers, Andy.

Wow thanks Andy. I knew there was more adjustments needed. Is there a function in the Trackir software to assign buttons or do I emulate a Function key (i.e. F12 to center)?AlanNever mind I just saw the Hot keys function

Edited by EnglishRebel

Let me know how you get on, I've never tried sharing profiles before so it would be interesting to see if it works OK for you.

Cheers, Andy.

Let me know how you get on, I've never tried sharing profiles before so it would be interesting to see if it works OK for you.
AndyThat link does not work. Also I cannot get the three green dots to center on the cross hairsAlan

You have to move the receiver on top of your monitor so that it is pointing directly at the clip on your cap when you are sat comfortably. The link is working fine for me, what happens when you click on it?

Cheers, Andy.

Actually right click on the link and select "save as" or "save link as" if you are using Firefox.Or you can try this link instead if you wish. http://dl.dropbox.co...Andydigital.zip
Thanks for the tip on getting the dots to line up I just had to pitch the receiver up a little. The link works fine it was just that I was downloading it on my MacBook Air and I think that somehow the file contents got changed in the process. I just downloaded it on my FSX PC and it worked fine. One strange thing though, I selected AndyDigital as the default and closed the program. I changed the name in the Profiles folder of the software to ALAN.xml but it still shows up as AndyDigital in Trackir. No big deal.ThanksAlan

I tested the download on my iPad and it still worked ok. If you want to change the profile name you will have to open it with something that allows you to edit XML, I use notepad++ which is freeware and much better than notepad that is included with windows.

Cheers, Andy.

AndyIs there a way to have the range of the up and down appearance on the screen made larger for a given head movement as I still find myself with my chin on my chest looking up to see the bottom of my panel?ThanksAlan