Sign in to follow this  
raffer

Water has become Terrain

MY FSX has decided that Water is now to be shewn as Terrain and despite trying the recommended adviceof re-tuning Ultimate Terrain X, I can`t get the water back again.Can anyone suggestion a solution, please??ThanskGeorge

MY FSX has decided that Water is now to be shewn as Terrain and despite trying the recommended advice of re-tuning  Ultimate Terrain X,  I can`t get the water back again. Can anyone suggestion a solution, please??
And what did you install or activate just before the problem occured?Rich

Guest firehawk44
MY FSX has decided that Water is now to be shewn as Terrain and despite trying the recommended adviceof re-tuning Ultimate Terrain X, I can`t get the water back again.Can anyone suggestion a solution, please??ThanskGeorge
Just start up the UTX configuration/setup program, let it run through it's startup, then close the program. Water returns.Best regards,Jim

Just start up the UTX configuration/setup program, let it run through it's startup, then close the program. Water returns.Best regards,Jim
Thanks Jim but I would appreciate more help please (usual newbie problem)The only setup file I could see in the 3 UTX programmes is UTsetup.exe which doesn`t "run through a startup". Can youidentify which file I should be using ??I deactivated and activate the water in UTsetup. but I still have Terrain instead of water.RegardsGeorge

Have you tried deactivating and then reactivating the coastlines in UTX? This happens to me from time to time and always solves the terrain water problems.Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Have you tried deactivating and then reactivating the coastlines in UTX? This happens to me from time to time and always solves the terrain water problems.Cheers, Pete
Thanks Pete - I went thru all 3 UTX programmes and deactivated then reactivated but still no water .The only recent addons have been aircraft which shouldn`t affect sceneryGeorge

This is the answer. There should be a shortcut on your desktop.It should be somewhere in.... Flight One Software\UTUsaFsx\UtSetup.exe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is the answer. There should be a shortcut on your desktop.It should be somewhere in.... Flight One Software\UTUsaFsx\UtSetup.exe
That is the file I have been trying on all three UTX programmes but to no availGeorge

Guest firehawk44
That is the file I have been trying on all three UTX programmes but to no availGeorge
That is the answer George and strange it didn't fix it for you. I am thinking UTX is not installed properly in the Scenery Library. It should be sitting just above Propeller Objects. If it's sitting higher, it's not telling your scenery programs what mesh/textures to install for an area. Best regards,Jim

That is the answer George and strange it didn't fix it for you. I am thinking UTX is not installed properly in the Scenery Library. It should be sitting just above Propeller Objects. If it's sitting higher, it's not telling your scenery programs what mesh/textures to install for an area. Best regards,Jim
Yes they are in the right place, in fact there was addon scenery betwee Prop Objects and the UT files so Imoved that down one placebut still no water. I may have to un-install and then reinstall UTX if things stay as they are. Then move UTX from the top of scenic libraryto just above pro objects.meanwhile - thanks for you help Regards|George

Have you tried running the various UTX Setup Tools by right-clicking on them and selecting "Run as administrator"? If you have installed on Vista/Windows 7 in the default Program Files (x86) location the setup tools may not be able to edit the Terrain.cfg file needed to make the required changes for UTX.See the UTX Installation FAQ, UTX Setup Tool FAQ and UTX Miscellaneous FAQ for more hints or go to the UTX product support forums on SimForums.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Have you tried running the various UTX Setup Tools by right-clicking on them and selecting "Run as administrator"? If you have installed on Vista/Windows 7 in the default Program Files (x86) location the setup tools may not be able to edit the Terrain.cfg file needed to make the required changes for UTX.See the UTX Installation FAQ, UTX Setup Tool FAQ and UTX Miscellaneous FAQ for more hints or go to the UTX product support forums on SimForums.Jeff
Thanks Jeff - useful info which I hadn`t seen before and enabled me to locate UT updates.Downloading these and will install (as administrator) and report backRegardsGeorge

...The only recent addons have been aircraft which shouldn`t affect scenery
You would think not but, if memory serves, someone else had the identical problem several months ago after installing an aircraft of some sort. And running UTX would not correct the problem. Wish now that I had paid more attention to the situation and the fix.So, if installing the updates doesn't help, that might be a direction to look.Rich

You would think not but, if memory serves, someone else had the identical problem several months ago after installing an aircraft of some sort. And running UTX would not correct the problem. Wish now that I had paid more attention to the situation and the fix.So, if installing the updates doesn't help, that might be a direction to look.Rich
Thanks Rich - I am sure that I have added aircraft recently so I`ll check back and if I find it - uninstall and try againBTW Guys following the help I have been receiving I have located the UT Download page and been able to updatemy progs except gor UT Europe. My version is v1.0 and I need v1.1.0 or 1.1c or 1.2.0 or 1.3 before I can update to v 1.4Trouble is IO can`t locate the old updates so if you know where they are I would be gratefulRegard to allGeorge

If you are still running UTX Europe 1.0 and want to get to 1.4, the best way is to uninstall 1.0, download and install version 1.1c from the UTX Europe product page at Flight 1, then apply the 1.4 update.Make sure that you run FSX at least once between each of these steps to update various configuration files.Again, if you have further questions, best place to ask is the UTX product support page on SimForums.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg