Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

ENB Series Problem - Blurriness?

I used the ENB series mod with no problems. I took it off for a week or so and then went to put it back no today.Now when activated in FSX the rendered game is blurry (i.e. the menus are fine but the actual grahpics are blurry) and out of focus.The only thing that's changed, I believe, is I installed the latest ATI drivers (11.6) the other day. I've googled around to no avail trying to find someone else who's having this problem. Any thoughts?It does not appear to be a configuration issue as I've tried several different ones that I know worked previously (default, Nicks, a fellow forum members, etc.). All produce the same blurriness now.

did you remove the new driver and run driver sweeper and restoring the old one?

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

did you remove the new driver and run driver sweeper and restoring the old one?
Not yet. Gonna wait and make sure a solution isn't available before I go doing that. The 11.6 driver gave me a nice performance boost as well (as noted by another thread on here today) so it's not really an option.If the ENB series is having problems with the new 11.6 drivers then I'll just not use it.

first, make sure the Global Texture resolution didn't get set to a lower valueSecondly... I got unsharp ground on install until I remembered the mipbias setting in the video.device section of the fsx.cfg. you might also accomplish the same thing in your video card settings - I couldn't, so the manual entry took care of it; I was using the 4850 at the time.Loyd

first, make sure the Global Texture resolution didn't get set to a lower valueSecondly... I got unsharp ground on install until I remembered the mipbias setting in the video.device section of the fsx.cfg. you might also accomplish the same thing in your video card settings - I couldn't, so the manual entry took care of it; I was using the 4850 at the time.Loyd
Just to further clarify, I can hit shitf F12 to cycle the mod on and off and the blurriness is only there when it's on. So it wouldn't be the global texture setting. I'll check into your second suggestion although the blurriness isn't limited to ground textures. It's almost like a filter over the entire screen.

Got it fixed.Turns out it was the mipmap quality setting being on performance in ati tray tools. Put it back on high quality and everything is back to normal again. Thanks for the tip about it possibly being a mipmap issue.