Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

PMDG 737NG Base Pack....what?

While I definitely appreciate the work PMDG has put into the 737, releasing the 800/900 first with the -700 as an expansion is a little silly. Obviously this is a business decision since most people want a 737-700 (more mainstream than the -800/-900, at least here in the U.S.) and this will require people to buy both. I can understand the reasoning in trying to get as much revenue as possible, PMDG is a business, but for those of us with not much interest in the -800/-900 series this product loses some of it's value. Basically, in order to fly the -700 series I am required to buy the -800/-900 first, which in turn bumps the price from $70 to almost $100. I wouldn't mind seeing a Base Pack -700 series so I don't have to buy the -800/-900. As it stands now, it looks like I will have to spend close to $100 to fly the -700. Err.......lol*EDIT* Not sure why my title has "...what?" in it. I think I was typing an email and accidentally had this page activated. Oops!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

A little maths for the (simply money based) comparison to the other detailed 737 in FSX then, namely the iFly.Everyone is free to do the maths on his own and to also add any sympathy/fan/must-have values on each side of the equation. I can't put those values in numbers for obvious reasons.70 Dollars sound reasonable, on the first view.Add the variants the iFly already comes with (that's additionally 600 + 700, BBJs, which includes the BBJ3 variant, not coming from PMDG) and you end up at 120 (assuming $24.99 for the BBJs), with the base pack price later increasing to 75 Dollars later, so 125. So maybe this is the amount you actually spend. I don't know about some additional tax influences on the prices, so I'm just using what was written in the PMDG forums (find the link below).Talking about more than double the price for the iFly (55 Dollars including taxes) there, no refund option included but you can of course buy such additional things like an 'extended download service' too (assuming this from their former releases) if you think that's useful.The amount of money involved to get the same models as on the iFly is hugely increased and we're not talking about a light system simulation on the cheaper offer, so paying around 130% more may hit some guys hard.

PMDG 737NGX PACKAGES:=====================PMDG 737NGX Base Package: $69.99* ETA: On/Before 04AUG11 Contains the 737-800/800WL, 737-900/900WLPMDG 737NGX 6700 Package: $24.99 ETA: 4-8 weeks after base Contains the 737-600, 737-700/700WLPMDG 737NGX ER Package: TBA ETA: 4-8 weeks after 6700 Contains the all 737ER variants.PMDG 737NGX BBJ Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains BBJ/BBJ2 variants.PMDG 737NGX Mil Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains the P-8 and "Wedgetail" variants.5) You will notice that I have placed an asterisk after the $69.99 price for the base package. This is an initial release price that will be available until the release of the first expansion pack (1-2 months after the base package release.) After this time, the price for the base package will increase to $74.99.
PMDG 737NGX Pricing and AvailabilityOnce again, I'm just doing some maths here, this is no 'my plane is better than yours' or 'I'm a much cooler guy, because I'm flying this or that in the sim' basis.I'm just summing up what I would have to pay if I want to continue my 600-900 + BBJ flights with the PMDG.In Arklight's case, he only wants to go on the -700 and ends up at 100 Dollars, 105 later. So the (number based) mileage varies of course.

I thought that the pricing was pretty reasonable, not sure how many variants most users are going to want - are most users going to want to buy the base pack and then all the add-ons ?? Surely for most it would probably be the base and then possibly a favourite variant !?!?G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Whatever you do, you can never satisfy everyone.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Whatever you do, you can never satisfy everyone.
True, and that is a good thing.I would have no problem paying the $70 for the -700 Base Pack, I just don't have much use for an -800/-900.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Maybe you get to like the -800/900 later, Ark.Personally, when going PMDG then, I would have to add some Fs2Crew and maybe the AoA package.I think that those additional variants add a ton of work for Bryan by the way, with them being present at some systems and at some others not.

Bonchie, playing fair, each variant (may it be PMDG or CS) offers something new and adjusted for you.The personal value (which isn't part of my numerical view) differs of course, but you actually get something for your money when buying an extra variant or pack, whatever you like to call it.But I agree somehow, I like the 'full pack' thingy on the iFly. But that's personal taste.

I think the pricing structure is very reasonable for something that looks so advanced and way ahead of anything else that is out there.Why don't you try going onto the Ariane website (yes, I know, it doesn't even come close to being regarded as PMDG NGX competition) and building a bundle up, I put the -700ER, 800 and 900ER into a basket and the price came to a whopping £209.85 ($344 according to google today)

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by the cost of the base pack - it is selling for less than their MD-11.

I'm happy with the pricing model they chose. I can learn how to operate the plane properly (long process I'm assuming) with the base pack at a VERY reasonable 70 dollars. Then a few months or whatever later I can add the expansions for a mere 30 bucks if I want. But then again, I'm one who would've paid probably a lot more than what they're asking for that beautiful bird :)

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by the cost of the base pack - it is selling for less than their MD-11.
+1. And like already said above, you really can please everyone no matter what you do. rolleyes.gifEDIT...Everyone has is own personal taste. For me it's not about the "number of models" you get for the same price when going for iFly or PMDG. It's about simulation depth and I'd rather pay double (if I can of course) and have high quality simulation and less models then the other way. So for me, personally, 120$ for the whole PMDG stuff (even without refund policy) is much more appealing than the 55$ with iFly. But that's just me. For me it looks like it's all about knowing what you want and knowing you want and you get. Knowing what I get with PMDG the pricing seems really fair... So I really don't have a problem for the moment. Edited by Epikk

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I would agree the price is ok if the -700 was indeed in the main pack. I prefer the 600 and 700, but agree the 800 and 700 would make the perfect pack for most users. Like it is, it's just too expensive for a single aircraft (whether you want it or not, they're all 737s). Paying $100 will make me consider quite a lot, specially when i purchased the iFly Jets.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think the pricing is brilliant. Some guys can only afford the $70.00 now, and can at least get started-- and add the other variants later. Another option PMDG might have considered is also having a discount full package price. Either way, for $70.00 which is about the cost of filling the gas in my car I'll be all over it!!