Sign in to follow this  
Flamin_Squirrel

Orbx PNW - Loaded but won't display in FSX

Hi guys.Apologies for posting here, I'm just getting rather frustraited with getting PNW scenery added. I've posted on the Orbx form, but I've had no answers (although this might be in part because I think their forum may be experiencing problems at the moment.)Anywhoo, bought the scenery a couple of days ago, loaded it (which seemed to go ok) including the scenery libraries appearing in FSX scenery list. However when I load FSX and fly in the PNW area, the scenery is still all default. I've tried patching, adding the latest Orbx libraries, activating and deactivating the scenery multiple times - nothing works.It appears I'm not the only one with this problem, albeit it seems like a rare one. Another person with the same problem is running a Win7 64bit machine same as me, I don't know if this points to the problem or it's just coincidence.Again apologies for posting, it's a bit of a long shot trying for a solution here, but I'm fed up!Thanks.

Can you alter the FTX Central to default and then North America again, even if NA is already active?This sometimes helped.With that FTX Central app, you can define at which point of the scenery library the FTX stuff gets placed. Please make sure it is above all other sceneries of that region, including all UTX stuff.sceneryinsertationpoint.jpgThe manuals describe the detailed procedure there.For anything more, I'd wait for the Orbx forums to come up again. The devs are the pros in that field and if your thing is a new one (=not mentioned in the manuals or FAQs around), they are also fast in replying from my experience.

Can you alter the FTX Central to default and then North America again, even if NA is already active?This sometimes helped.With that FTX Central app, you can define at which point of the scenery library the FTX stuff gets placed. Please make sure it is above all other sceneries of that region, including all UTX stuff.sceneryinsertationpoint.jpgThe manuals describe the detailed procedure there.For anything more, I'd wait for the Orbx forums to come up again. The devs are the pros in that field and if your thing is a new one (=not mentioned in the manuals or FAQs around), they are also fast in replying from my experience.
Hi CoolP. Not sure I fully understand your first sentance. I've no problem switching between Default and North America. If I load FSX inbetween doing this, FSX processes the libraries, so it's trying to do something!I don't have UTX, and PNW is at the top of the sceneries list.Edit:// On the Orbx forums, the other person experiencing the same problem posted about a week ago I think. They started helping then it went quiet, hence I've come here to see if I can get an answer!

Guest firehawk44
Hi guys.Apologies for posting here, I'm just getting rather frustraited with getting PNW scenery added. I've posted on the Orbx form, but I've had no answers (although this might be in part because I think their forum may be experiencing problems at the moment.)Anywhoo, bought the scenery a couple of days ago, loaded it (which seemed to go ok) including the scenery libraries appearing in FSX scenery list. However when I load FSX and fly in the PNW area, the scenery is still all default. I've tried patching, adding the latest Orbx libraries, activating and deactivating the scenery multiple times - nothing works.It appears I'm not the only one with this problem, albeit it seems like a rare one. Another person with the same problem is running a Win7 64bit machine same as me, I don't know if this points to the problem or it's just coincidence.Again apologies for posting, it's a bit of a long shot trying for a solution here, but I'm fed up!Thanks.
How do you know it's the default scenery? Sometimes it is hard to tell especially in the PNW Seattle region. If you enable the default in FTX Central, the PNW scenery areas will be removed from your Scenery.cfg (and scenery library). Once you activate North America, the scenery areas will be added to the Scenery Library and the Scenery.cfg. Perhaps the program was not properly installed. Did you run the installation program as the Administrator and did you disable UAC and any anti-virus program prior to installation? Some elements might have been installed and some not if Windows UAC was enabled or an anti-virus program or you didn't right click the installation setup program and select Run as Administrator. A lot of people are running Win7 64 bit systems without having this problem so there has to be something wrong with the way iyou installed it or there is something wrong with your computer.Best regards,Jim

Edit:// On the Orbx forums, the other person experiencing the same problem posted about a week ago I think. They started helping then it went quiet, hence I've come here to see if I can get an answer!
The forums are up and running again (After the forum soft update) and I saw your post now. Holger tried to help you guys but I think he is looking for some screenshots from one of you.Firehawk is right with asking about the difference in your experience (Orbx to default) I think, and when you post some screenshot over at Orbx', the devs will tell you exactly what is active and what is not. Please make sure that the coordinates are visible or name the landmark/airport.