Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Look at that!

Hi folks,I´ve just found out about a new addon for FSX which will drastically change the terrain lightning. Looking very rea. I´ve never seen anything comming that near to reality.No in depth informations have been released so far but it will surely be a nice thing to add after the NGX. :smile:They´ve told that they´re in beta, so it shouldn´t last that long till it´s out. Here´s the link: http://www.playhorizon.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4593 Looks compromising, or?

That's so funny that you should post this. I just discovered the same thing, well not the same site, but some screens of the same thing the other day while looking from some custom enb palettes. The thing in your link is called "Shade" or at least that what it used to be called and the guy developing it has a blog. Here are more links. Never mind on the links for some reason when I reply to anything in the new format of the forum I can copy or paste anything into a reply? Maybe there is a setting I need to change so that I can do so? If I can figure out how to copy and paste into a reply I will put some more links with some extra screen shots. I was actually going to post something about this the other day to see if anyone has been following it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here are more links. Never mind on the links for some reason when I reply to anything in the new format of the forum I can copy or paste anything into a reply? Maybe there is a setting I need to change so that I can do so?
Here are the links. Had to start a new reply to be able to paste the links.http://shadeforfsx.blogspot.com/There are a bunch on shots on the link below going way back. The link takes you to the last page, but there are 294 pages going backward that have shots from "shade"http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78216&page=294

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Amazing indeed! :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

WOW!!! really impressive!! Ive never liked the lighting in FSX,This will be a must have for me.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Very, very impressive looking. Will pick this up for sure.

Hmmm, I'm skeptical I guess. Mainly because the textures are all photo textures which can easily make shots look great when in wide angle. How bout default textures with autogen? The lighting looks like it was built into the textures, those shadows are built into default stuff as well (doesn't look as good). And are these shots with or without the ENB mod? The other reason why is because it's interesting that no one else (REX/FEX/ASX) has discovered that something like this is possible.... one would have thought it would have been discovered earlier. Or maybe it is as good as it looks...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hey guys Not default textures but heres a shot of Shade in FSX using GEX textures @ dawn in soc-cal (with a slight bit of bloom from ENB (just bloom no darkening or toning) Shade_FP.jpg?t=1312038220 I'll try and roll out some promoshot with diff scenery addons and update the shade blog with more info (its way out of date) in the next few days or so (im pretty busy doing up & selling a house atm dont have much online time) btw Program is pretty much all finished & im preping the userguide and some preset light ramps to get ppl going but it shouldnt be more that a week or 2 now i hope LatersGizmo

Interesting. Can you post without ENB mod? I'm not a fan of it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I guess I'm missing something, my FSx looks pretty much like those shots now.

Jay

Is there a FPS Hit? And can you use it without the ENB Mod?THX

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick