Sign in to follow this  
ByramJ

What are the suggestions you've made to MS for "Flight"?

What are some of the suggestions you've made to Microsft re: Improvement, realism, ideas etc? Keep your answers to the point Here are some of mine... - Runway Wigwags (At least at international airports, I find this is a crucial part of real life ground navigation especially in no vis on the ground)- ATC Ground Control should give left/right instructions along with taxi ways (ie> LEFT on Echo, LEFT of Bravo, RIGHT on Alpha)- A reply to Tower for "rejected" take off, so they can give you instructions to take off again etc...- Looking around realism (This one is kind of hard to explain) but when you're in an aircraft and say you look out the window, sometimes you need to slouch down to get a better view of whast above you, or straighten your back and stretch to see further below. It would be great to have that movement added.- radio controlled runway light activation. I know in many uncontrolled airports you can turn the runway lights on/off and increase intensity by tuning into local traffic and click the radio transmit button 5 times i think it is? or 3? who knows , but this is how you turn lights on and off. It would be great to have this simple addition!- Last this might be only a dream, but voice recognition so we can read back and request instructions etc to controller! (Is there an add on for this?!)

My ideas Improvement on night illumination!!!3d spot landing lights on aircraft, like races games (not a textured plane )slope runway (not flatten) better performance!!that's all!cool.png

How long ago did you send all these suggestions to MS?

-FULL multicore/hyperthreading support.-FULL DX10 support.-FULL Support for Crossfire/SLI.

Ben, What did MS say to your e-mail? Did they write you back? Do you even get a canned mail back? I've never sent anything to their e-mail address so I wouldn't know.

Ben, What did MS say to your e-mail? Did they write you back? Do you even get a canned mail back? I've never sent anything to their e-mail address so I wouldn't know.
I didn't even get an auto-response email......

To benorg: DX10 support?Probably you wanted to say DX11!? Yeah, tessellation could bring a lot better environment. Especially dynamic tresselation, when things become more detailed as you approach. This can bring an amazingly detailed aerodromes with not much performance loss. Most people should know what it is. But here's few examples - Tesselation -

And what is dynamic tessellation you can see on 59th second of this video -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRlfgwRDCew&feature=relmfu And Full 3D support would be good. If anyone played DX10 with nvidia 3D vision they will understand me. (FSX was actually good, except glitches with lights and smoke). Apart from that all weather effects (like distant rain, cloud shadows) were discussed in previous suggestion topic.

How long ago did you send all these suggestions to MS?
Over the past 3 months, when ever something strikes me i send an email and I always get an auto response.

It should run smooth with max settings on current hardware, DX9 / DX10 / DX11 and quite a few other things. And one important factor it should be a full fledged SIM and not an arcade.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I wrote to them about running MS Flight when not connected to the internet. I think I got an automated response (sure didn't expect a detailed reply). A few months after I wrote to MS they posted this http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news3 I'd like to think that me email contributed in small part to this clarification from MS.

www.antsairplanes.com

I too received a canned response... works for me - at least they got my email. Mainly I requested better FDE's and ATC.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The autoresponce is normal and is sent a few seconds after you send the email. If you have contacted them about a possible site bug like I did a while back, then you likely get a response. (and I did get one) Other than that, they don't usually reply from what I've seen. But at least they probably read all the emails they can.

Brandon Filer

> Functioning circuit breaker panels. In short, proper electrical systems for aircraft. Heck, the same for hydraulic and pneumatic systems, too. > ATC that doesn't hold you hand on approaches unless you want them to. Either have the controllers assign your approach or you choose it, and you fly it. > Waypoint check-ins on long overwater flights, instead of the perfect radar coverage all over the world. In fact, make an option to include radar coverage gaps where they are in reality. > AI taxi and takeoff clearance routines in FSX are way, way too conservative; fix that! > Rain and limited visibility patches seen in the distance > Cloud shadows, please...

Just thought of a couple more things that would be amazing.1) wake turbulace2) jet blast!!! Imagine getting too close behind a 747 when its taking off and having your cessna 150 fly off the ground and flip..

What would be amazing is if they actually fixed the bugs that have never been fixed in FSX, such as the changing VC camera position, based on the lat, lon, alt and heading of the aircraft.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.