Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG MD11 (module version 1.0)

Here you can download the LINDA aircraft module for the PMDG MD11 (module version 1.0).

Download and unzip it and place the complete folder into:

Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModules

Overwrite existing files (maybe backup them if you like)

MCP default assignemnt is included: rename your present one from config-mcp.default to config-mcp.lua if you want to use it.

PMDG MD11 v1.0

Edit:updated on Jan 2012

Complete overhaul of the module with many new features.After a long while flying just the NGX, I installed the MD11 again. Also a nice addon...but the NGX is another generation ^_^Unfortunately it is still not possible to sync the AP-displays with MCP Combo, sorry

thanks to Navajo!

UPD Feb 2012: added reverser section

Edited by ScotFlieger
Link to 1.0 updated

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the profile :) I think I found some bugs on the EFIS_Mode_inc and EFIS_Mode_dec functions. After loading the profile, I noticed that those functions cycle partially thru wrong buttons. The functions gave wrong values on NDvar, being one off. The range for the EFIS mode buttons is 71132-71136 but EFIS_Mode_inc produced values 71133-71137 and EFIS_Mode_dec 71131-71135. I edited the values on the function a bit and made it work. Here's the edited part.

function EFIS_Mode_inc ()  NDcount = ipc.get("NDvar")    if NDcount == nil then  NDcount = 71131  elseif NDcount == 71136 then  NDcount = 71131  end   if NDcount <= 71135 then  NDcount = NDcount + 1  end  ipc.set("NDvar", NDcount)   ipc.control(66587, NDcount)endfunction EFIS_Mode_dec ()  NDcount = ipc.get("NDvar")    if NDcount == nil then  NDcount = 71132  elseif NDcount == 71132 then  NDcount = 71137  end  if NDcount >= 71133 then  NDcount = NDcount - 1  end  ipc.set("NDvar", NDcount)   ipc.control(66587, NDcount)end

Hope it makes some sense, I'm not a coder or anything huh.png

if it is working for 100% then it makes sense! Many thanks!will update that ASAP!

Guenter Steiner

First a big thank you to everyone involved with L.I.N.D.A.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You totally saved my PMDG MD-11 experience!!!!!Just wish i had found it before starting my real flight training on the MD11.I was also very happy that the MD-11 was also included.One question; Is there a way to speed inputs up? e.g. the minimums take forever to set from 200 to 1500.I did try the "on repeat" option and entered the same command there as i did "on press"There were a few important MD-11 functions missing, but i was able to get them working and wanted to share what i've found.The SD Cue switches (on the SDCP) to view the different systems:-- ## SD-CUE ###############function SD_CUE_ENG () ipc.control(66587,73390)endfunction SD_CUE_HYD ()ipc.control(66587,73391)endfunction SD_CUE_ELEC ()ipc.control(66587,73392)endfunction SD_CUE_AIR ()ipc.control(66587,73393)endfunction SD_CUE_FUEL ()ipc.control(66587,73394)endfunction SD_CUE_CONFIG ()ipc.control(66587,73395)endfunction SD_CUE_MISC ()ipc.control(66587,73396)endfunction SD_CUE_STATUS ()ipc.control(66587,73397)endfunction SD_CUE_CONSEQ ()ipc.control(66587,73398)endfunction SD_CUE_ND ()ipc.control(66587,73399)endAlso i found some functions on the ECP (Electronics Control Panel) or EFIS as it called in the linda module.I made an extra section, and found out later that the minimums were already in the module.The names are self explanatory, I think.-- ## ECP ###############function BARO_QFE ()ipc.control(66587,71143)endfunction BARO_QNH ()ipc.control(66587,71144)endfunction MINIMUMS_RA ()ipc.control(66587,71121)endfunction MINIMUMS_BARO ()ipc.control(66587,71122)endfunction MINIMUMS_INC ()ipc.control(66587,80023)endfunction MINIMUMS_DEC ()ipc.control(66587,80024)endfunction BARO_INC ()ipc.control(66587,71107)endfunction BARO_DEC ()ipc.control(66587,71106)endfunction PULL_STD ()ipc.control(66587,71102)endBest RegardsP.S. Don't hesitate to ask any MD-11 related questions, I'm a second officer on the real thing.P.S.2 made donation as well. Well deserved!!

Hello,many, many thanks for this!I haven't installed the MD11 since NGX was released blush.pngBut you brought this great addon now back to my mind. Will install and update this module as soon as possible!Though, without doubt, the rela thing must be much more fun :)thank you!

Guenter Steiner

HiExcellent product, love the way I can combine FSUIPC for axis control with the "simplicity" of use of Linda.I have the MCP Combo 1 with flight sim yoke and pedals.Although I do use the term "simplicity" from the point of view of installation and use rather than because I have any idea how to master LUA programming.Anyway.Now that the PMDG NGX module has been issued with "full display sinc" can this be leveraged from to help produce a module with "full display sync" for the PMDG MD11?Whilst I gather that PMDG have no intention of releasing the SDK for the MD11, did they completely re-write the programming between the MD11 and NGX?Or can an "imaginative" leap be made by one of you very clever "Linda" guys to solve the issue once and for all the MCP Combo 1 display and the PMDG MD11?Kind RegardsStuartPS made a donation, well worth the effort I think

thanks for your kind words...unfortunately I see no possibility to make the displays sync for the MD11!I have tried a real lot, but as long as we can't read the values out of the addon, there's no chance!And: looking at the MD11 support or JS41 support: as good as development and initial supporting from PMDG is, I wouldn't wait for an SDK or SP for the MD11 :(

Guenter Steiner

What a shame but many thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. For now I will continue to enjoy LINDA. :( By the way, my wife came home from work today and wanted to know why I was making a donation to a female called "LINDA" LOLApparently my wife saw the e-mail on her phone from Paypal about the donation. LOLBeen laughing all evening LOLAnother positive thing about your software...........

Edited by eeyore

By the way, my wife came home from work today and wanted to know why I was making a donation to a female called "LINDA" LOL
:LMAO:cool, we already have a marriage, now we have also a divorce ...Come on guys, there's a father-to-be whos considering LINDA as name for his baby ... :(

Guenter Steiner

module 1.1updated on Jan 2012Complete overhaul of the module with many new features.After a long while flying just the NGX, I installed the MD11 again. Also a nice addon...but the NGX is another generation ^_^Unfortunately it is still not possible to sync the AP-displays with MCP Combo, sorrythanks to Navajo!

Guenter Steiner

That is a most helpful update — thank you, Günter! :( I very much look forward to trying it.For some years now I have flown only the PMDG 744, MD-11, and now the NGX, but once I have become completely comfortable with the NGX (gotta love the -600 version, especially!) I will be happily returning to the MD-11 (and the 744) also, so my most sincere thanks in anticipation of that event. :drinks:As has been said before, the simming community owes a huge vote of thanks to yourself and Artem — and a few others who have made modules for us! Hopefully, more of us will now begin to develop and contribute additional modules, too.Best wishes,Brian

Edited by brian747

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

HiQuick question..........I am not sure of the protocol in operation.But would it be OK if on my PC I were to add functionality to the md11 actions Lua that you have been kind enough to post for download?RegardsStuart

Yes, of course.But would also be nice, if you share any modification which could be useful for the community

Guenter Steiner

Yeah sure no problem to share.As long as people understand that not having worked with LUA before my function writing skills may appear a little "clunky" to those more adept at the language.Where do I send the file(s) or do you want me to attach them to a post on here?RegardsStuart