Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

I don't know how you did it, Amazing

Hi, WoW, I just got it loaded and went to FSDT-KJFK. I'm getting 31 FPS, with 3 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD Monitors (5760x1200x32). I'll have a screen shot up soon. Unbelievable UPDATE: Here is the screen shot, its been reduced from 5760x1200x32. I also cut and paste the FPS info so it would be easier to read. PMDG1.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Awesome, sounds like there will be only one airliner I will be flying for quite some time. I actually even purchased the NGX and the AOA training although I won't be able to fly it until late September.

Hi, WoW, I just got it loaded and went to FSDT-KJFK. I'm getting 31 FPS, with 3 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD Monitors (5760x1200x32). I'll have a screen shot up soon. Unbelievable UPDATE: Here is the screen shot, its been reduced from 5760x1200x32. I also cut and paste the FPS info so it would be easier to read. PMDG1.jpg
Absolutely fantastic.

Mike, is performance better than the iFly in your opinion? Regards,Justin

Hi Justin, To early to tell, I just got it installed. I'll have to run her through her paces, but early indications would indicate yes.

Mike, is performance better than the iFly in your opinion? Regards,Justin

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I just noticed your systems specs. You seem to have a VERY beefy system. Could you possibly post your FSX settings as well (Position of all sliders). 31FPS seems a little low for a system of that strength.

better than the Ifly yes, i would say about 5% better anyway, close but you get 10x the system depth and pure quality. and a HGS that actualy works!

I can confirm (for me at least) that it does run quite a bit better than the iFly. I have a Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4670 256mb..I also have REX installed and some random ORBX airports iFly would run fine while in flight and at most airports, however when landing at bigger airports or an ORBX airport it would sometimes get jerky (ahh) With PMDG I have not experienced this behaviour. I cannot say how impressed I am. I had real concerns about running this product given its complexity. Turns out I worried for nothing! Amazing stuff!! EDIT: I know we shouldn't compare products on this forum, so please forgive me but....Why did I ever spend money on iFly!

I just noticed your systems specs. You seem to have a VERY beefy system. Could you possibly post your FSX settings as well (Position of all sliders). 31FPS seems a little low for a system of that strength.
At first that was reaction but 3 monitors brings down performance pretty hard (I think) so that's why it's so impressive.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Hi Goran, I think the FPS is fantastic, I'm in an ultimate 737NGX aircraft (VC display) at a resolution of 5760x1200. I am at one of the hardest hit areas in FSX, New York. Surrounded by numerous airports (KLGA, KEWR, KISP, KTEB) with AI, I'm also at a very detailed KJFK airport produced by FSDT. GRAPHICS5760x1200x32With Anisotropic selected and Anti-aliasing checkedGlobal Texture: Very High Aircraft3-D Virtual CockpitHigh-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit: CheckedAircraft cast shows on the ground: CheckedAircraft cast shadows on itself: CheckedAircraft landing lights illuminate ground: Checked SceneryEverything maxed except the followingMesh resolution 10mWater effects Low 2.xGround scenery shadows: Checked WeatherCloud Draw: 110miDetailed Clouds: Maximum TrafficAirline Traffic: 100%Everything else: Zero

Gotta say PMDG...this is freaking amazing...i was more into Bush Flying...but this beauty just made me think seriously about it. Freaking Amazing...FPS is truly exceptional, not sure how you did it. TrackIR 5, REX 2.0, EZdok and this beauty I took this shoot at YSCB (made by OrbX) and its probably the heaviest Airport i have installed on my System (I5 2500k @ 4.7ghz, 8GB DDR3 Mushkin, EVGA GTX 580, 1980x1020, among other things) FTX_VATSIM01.jpgFTX_VATSIM02.jpg

I'm also seeing better FPS than the iFly bird. Though the mouse cursor also has a rather large effect with the NGX as well. Overall the frame rate is a lot smoother for me than with the iFly one.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

could you have at least cleaned the displays before taking pictures :D Got up at 6 in the morning and downloading it the second time. The first ZIP gave me CRC Errors (WAAHHHHH).