Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

FTX/Fly Tampa Seattle

The PDX install will not affect the Seattle merge. Not sure what you are referring to. If it is indeed affecting the Seattle area. I would uninstall it. Hopefully a new merge will be completed this winter.
Yeah, I will uninstall it, as it's a show-stopper. The PDX install - even as FZ02 original - altered the shorelines around Seattle, and so for miles there are these lines of 10-metre-wide beaches 100 m out from the real shorelines. There was a fix at the time - done by FT (I think), and it may have been GEX or UT_USA that got rid of it, but this problem has been there since FS9. FT Seattle plus FZ02 = renegade shorelines, and still does. I just thought you would have been aware of this. Another issue, but manageable - is/was the 'sawtooth" shoreline along the river adjacent to PDX itself. Thanks for your answer - and hard work!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The PDX install - even as FZ02 original - altered the shorelines around Seattle. There was a fix at the time - done by FT (I think), and it may have been GEX or UT_USA that got rid of it, but this problem has been there since FS9. FT Seattle plus FZ02 = renegade shorelines, and still does. I just thought you would have been aware of this. Another issue was the 'sawtooth" shoreline along the river adjacent to PDX itself.
Now I remember what you're talking about. I think FZ02 used to have an issue with UT-USA or some other software as well. I think there was even an old hotfix on one of the forums. Anyhow, I would again recommend removing the merge if it causes problems. It's really hard to decipher the bgls in FZ02 because Vauchez is A) french speaking and :( coded them in a not-always-obvious way. I had a different old merge for the scenery based off of trial and error. I can't support that one anymore as it's become clear that any merge in Portland is going to need reworking to accommodate Orbx's Portland Cityscape freeware. If I can find what I did with it, I'll PM it to you.

Anthony Cacciatore

Fair enough, Anthony. I'll do some digging too, as I have all of my old FS9 stuff stashed away ... on some 5-1/4 floppies...Worried.gif

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Anthoy, It turned I had an AFX file dated from June of this year after all. I renamed it and installed one from Smith Graphics, it seemed to have fixed the problem with 34L. I'll post another screenshot soon. Ed Kammerman

Now I remember what you're talking about. I think FZ02 used to have an issue with UT-USA or some other software as well. I think there was even an old hotfix on one of the forums. Anyhow, I would again recommend removing the merge if it causes problems. It's really hard to decipher the bgls in FZ02 because Vauchez is A) french speaking and cool.png coded them in a not-always-obvious way. I had a different old merge for the scenery based off of trial and error. I can't support that one anymore as it's become clear that any merge in Portland is going to need reworking to accommodate Orbx's Portland Cityscape freeware. If I can find what I did with it, I'll PM it to you.
Yeah, I will uninstall it, as it's a show-stopper. The PDX install - even as FZ02 original - altered the shorelines around Seattle, and so for miles there are these lines of 10-metre-wide beaches 100 m out from the real shorelines. There was a fix at the time - done by FT (I think), and it may have been GEX or UT_USA that got rid of it, but this problem has been there since FS9. FT Seattle plus FZ02 = renegade shorelines, and still does. I just thought you would have been aware of this. Another issue, but manageable - is/was the 'sawtooth" shoreline along the river adjacent to PDX itself. Thanks for your answer - and hard work!
Paul, You are correct in your observation that the PDX patch causes shorelines in both Portland and as far North as Seattle to be screwed up. Part of the reason I had mentioned previously that this patch indeed needs some work. I have not yet found a solution but would like to find the original fix that was created for the FS9 verion. Any outside help would be appreciated.

I'll go a-lookin'!

Yes I am enjoying it, I'll just steer a bit to the rightsmile.png I could use that AFX file I'm missing.that didn't come with the installer Ed Kammerman
I'm not sure we can send that file to you as its distribution would likely break the terms of use from Orbx.
According to Larry that AFX file came with the patch. Was that for use with the ORBX scenery only?
Ed,When you run the installer for FlySeattleFSX, it creates a new folder in your Addon Scenery folder called "FlySeattleFSX" which contains two sub-folders called "Scenery" and "Texture". See below: If you click and open up the "Scenery" folder, you will find several .bgl files listed. The "AFX_KSEA.bgl" is the AFX file we are referring to. It should be included in the download. If its not there, then try to reinstall the entire thing. We created the AFX file to match up all the gate parking and to set the correct elevation. Hope this clarifies.

No I didn't get the scenery folder, but I did get the texture folder. I'll try a reinstall, but in the meantime I found an AFX file from Smith Graphics that got rid of the pits and seems to have moved 34L/16R over a bit. I'm attaching som new screen shots. The one taken on approach to16L was taken from a bit far out, I also took a shot of the taxiway and also the gate I arrived at. Ed Kammerman

No I didn't get the scenery folder, but I did get the texture folder. I'll try a reinstall, but in the meantime I found an AFX file from Smith Graphics that got rid of the pits and seems to have moved 34L/16R over a bit. I'm attaching som new screen shots. The one taken on approach to16L was taken from a bit far out, I also took a shot of the taxiway and also the gate I arrived at. Ed Kammerman

Ed, Once you have the scenery folder, you will have several .bgl files including the AFX file we created for the patch. After that, everything should line up properly.

I down loaded a fresh copy of the 64 bit installer. I'm attaching screenshots of what I got when I ran the installer. The first one is of my Addon Scenery folder the second one is of the scenery folder that allready exsisted and the third is of the texture folder the installer created. As you can see it did not create the folders mentioned either in the read me or manual, except for the texture folder. I'm not trying to be difficult, just curious as to why the installer isn't working properly. I'm making sure that in it's prperties under compatibility its set to run as both Win7 and admiistrator. Ed Kammerman

I don't appear to have FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BNC_PlC.bgl in my Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery folder so as to turn off?

I don't appear to have FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BNC_PlC.bgl in my Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery folder so as to turn off?
I didn't either and this KSEA scenery still works just fine.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Apparently there was a patch out there for PNW that I never added, so I added it, turned off the appropriate files again as the patch re-added them, and works great now - what a treat! Thanks all!

Hi All ...Anthony ... Nice to see a Fix for Fly Tampa Seaatle ....to Work in FSX ..... THANXXXXXXX.....!!!!!****************Anyway.....I'm having a Problem ...with FSX or Ultmate Terrain X .... Bleeding thru .... ???I must have Missed something .... I'm NOT running Orbx -- .... Just Ultimate-USA-XI have included the Search ....for KSEA .... bgl ....files and do not see any other bgl files other than,the one's installed by Fly Tampa Seattle ....And I can not find in the Config editor in Ultimate USA-X .... a place to turn of there textures.... ????*************Again THANX......!!!!! for the Wonderful KSEA ... Fix for FSX ...( Also my system ...running MS Win7 Pro ( 64bit )