Sign in to follow this  
oneill875

No thrust when moving thrust levers

Hey guys has anyone come across this? It doesn't matter which panel state I use but after engine start I cannot get any thrust. The thrust levers move when I move my joystick lever but the engines don't spool up? For my fist flight I took my time and configured the cockpit for a short flight from EGLL to LOWI, pushed back and then.....nothing, I could even see the ground crew scratching their heads saying "what the hell is he doing in there?" I also have a ram door fully open warning too, can't seem to get rid of it, even after a cold and dark start. Engine 1 and 2 bleeds don't seem to be supplying bleed air to the packs, only the apu? Dan. Come to think about it, it seems as if the engines are not on? I do however have normal engine readings (EGT, N1, N2, FF etc..)

Edited by oneill875

This may be a silly question, but are you sure the engines are actually running and not just on the start valve (from APU bleed)?

Thats what it it like except no start valve lights are on, fuel levers are on, and EGT temps are up along with FF and N1,N2 Also with the APU off I still have electric power on both generators, no air though.

Can you post a screenshot of your overhead and main panel? It might help some members provide you with some (better) support. Thnx Chris.

Hey guys has anyone come across this? It doesn't matter which panel state I use but after engine start I cannot get any thrust. The thrust levers move when I move my joystick lever but the engines don't spool up? For my fist flight I took my time and configured the cockpit for a short flight from EGLL to LOWI, pushed back and then.....nothing, I could even see the ground crew scratching their heads saying "what the hell is he doing in there?" I also have a ram door fully open warning too, can't seem to get rid of it, even after a cold and dark start. Engine 1 and 2 bleeds don't seem to be supplying bleed air to the packs, only the apu? Dan. Come to think about it, it seems as if the engines are not on? I do however have normal engine readings (EGT, N1, N2, FF etc..)
Make sure you have removed the chocks

Dan, It would help to know what your computer specs are and what controllers you're using. Also...and this seems weird, but is very important: Are you using FSUIPC to calibrate your throttle controller?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I do use a registered version of FSUIPC but I dont use it for the throttle calibration at all, I did check. CPU is C2D E8600 at stock 3.33GHz.GPU is a GTX 460 1GB.Cheap Asus MBWin XP 32bit Home (I know)4 GB cheapish RAM (800Mhz I think)10,000 RPM HDD ( I think this one is seagate 320GB) Controller is Saitek X-52 pro I can get the throttles to move, its just the engines do not respond.

Just an update,I gave up on the 800WL and switched to the 900 and I was finally able to move the right throttle only.I shut down the aircraft and then selected C+D again and started the left engine first.After confirming that it was indeed moving I started the right engine and now they both work. Needless to say I hav'nt exited from FSX since then as I am getting some flying time in. I think that there is still something wrong with eithera)Air conditioning /bleed air systemb)engines I notice at least one other user with this problem http://forum.avsim.net/topic/341844-the-throttle-only-push-power-to-one-engine/

It almost sounds like your cold and dark setp is corrupt. You created this yourself?JackColwill

Not within the FMC I just used the one that was there, I do however have the cessena on battery power as my default flight( I dont like having engines already on).I have not had any other troubles with this current setup though, its not FSUIPC related, hopefully when I land in a minute ill exit FSX and try again to see weather it is solved (sometimes these thing just have a habit of sorting themselves out). I'll report back in half an hour. Cheers, Dan.

I'm having a similar issue but with the number 2 engine. It works fine when I first load the plane up (engines running) but as soon as I select a cold and dark state and then start both engines only the number 1 engine reacts to my throttle inputs but I can see both levers moving in the sim.Any idea's.

Gavin Price

Not within the FMC I just used the one that was there, I do however have the cessena on battery power as my default flight( I dont like having engines already on).I have not had any other troubles with this current setup though, its not FSUIPC related, hopefully when I land in a minute ill exit FSX and try again to see weather it is solved (sometimes these thing just have a habit of sorting themselves out). I'll report back in half an hour. Cheers, Dan.
Are you loading the Cessna and then the NGX? Try loading the NGX directly from free flight.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

I experienced this during beta testing. The cure was to delete the default situation listed in the fsx.cfg so that when FSX loads, the Free Flight screen displays the Trike at Friday Harbor (the true default). Subsequent loading of the NGX returned all systems to normal.