What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- 50% off nearly everything at MV! Three days ONLY!
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Mega sims sale
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Rex 4direct
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- 737 and Misc Sim parts for Sale
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
- For Sale Boeing 737 MCP and EFIS
- my evga gtx580 for sale scotland uk
. . .
FSX crashes when exit.
Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:11 AM
Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:21 AM
Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:38 AM
Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:11 AM
Yes, exactly the same for me. No CTD if exiting FSX by menu.
Actually i get this error when i choose ESC->End flight.
How do you clean up the xml.dll file ?Thanks
I removed all my Wilco software, cleaned up the xml.dll and it fixed the problem for me.Just something for you to try if it applies to your setup. Win7X64
Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:24 PM
Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:28 PM
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead
Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:12 PM
Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:04 PM
Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:22 PM
I had/have this issue. The fix that works for me is to exit FSX by the main window exit (top right red "X") and NOT using "esc" to move ot the Free Flight window. On my particular system, which has been rock rock stable for a long time, and flies the NGX most beautifully, it is only the NGX aircraft which spawns this probelm. I am sure that eventually it will be fixed. At the moment, PMDG have other more urgent matters. Hope this helps.
I get a memory write violation error when I close FSX after running the 737, depeding on what I do with the 737.Unfortunatly, not a lot more is reported in the error. Typical default Microsoft error reporting (sigh).Not figure out yet exactly what I have to do, to cause the error on shutdown.Somewhat like looking for a needle in a haystack. System XP Pro, 32 Bit. 3 Gig switch (on or off) and no other addons.AV disabled. ( No Wilco products have seen my hard Drive !! ) NEVER happens on this system, if I do not load the 737. Seems others with Windows 7 64 bit are also having similar shutdown issues, so not just an XP issue. Might try this evening tracking it down to a 100% reproducable test, or better.While somewhat annoying, and wrong, it does not seem to be having any lasting effect.ie When I restart FSX next, all seems ok, (till I shut down again, where it may, or may not error) Not losing any sleep over this one :) Geoff
Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:35 PM