Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

FSX crashes when exit.

Same problem here..Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 4e3afb98 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00108a43 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1053
Does it do this when you exit as I prescribed above in post #76?

Hi,I had this problem, My OS is W7/64 since I applied the following it stopped ( about 9 different flights)

• I gave FSX.EXE administrative rights (of course) with compatibility mode for Windows 7 and not XP as the default.
  • I start the flight planing by place, time, flight plan, confirming the gate and last choosing the plane.
  • I exit flight using minus then exit flight.

I need to know is it a coincidence or maybe it is a fix ? Please try that sequence maybe it will work Regards

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Does it do this when you exit as I prescribed above in post #76?
Yes..When exit from NGX flight with end flight.... The FSX main theme plays on for a while.Tried a couple of original FSX Aircfraft and no problems theresNew installation of Win7 and FSXOnly Addon is FS Global 2008 BR Bigone

My system crashes even with a new .cfg file. This has only happened when I had a corrupted logbook.bin. Is this related?Please provide a solution.

supporter.jpg

Yes..When exit from NGX flight with end flight.... The FSX main theme plays on for a while.Tried a couple of original FSX Aircfraft and no problems theresNew installation of Win7 and FSXOnly Addon is FS Global 2008 BR Bigone
No, not with end flight (Esc). Using the Escape key, then end flight OR End Flight from the Flights menu both lead to the same failure mode, i.e. bringing up the Free Flight window. In windowed mode, use the top right standard red "X" exit window OR use "Ctrl+c" OR use "Exit" from the Flights menu. All three of these exit methods bypass the Free Flight window and do not cause FSX to crash (at least for on my system).

Sam- Post your specs please. I too am having the problem. Its no biggie. Pmdg will fix it in the next SP- rest assured

Peter Osborn

I am soon starting to cry.
Not sure I understand the crisis here. You are exiting anyway--done with flying. So what if you get a CTD? Nothing else is affected and all is well when you go flying the next time. Bigger problems to worry about than this.

Chris Lundberg

Hi NGX I bought yesterday, installed it, worked perfect, I was using Win7 Ultimate 32.Following recommendations contained in the NGX Introduction.pdf today I formatted my computer and installed Win7 Ultimate 64, following the instructions contained in NGXIntroduction.pdf also applied the changes in FSX.cfg, everything worked fine.I decided to use the resources of Venetubo before I replace my FSX.CFG a backup, when using FSX.CFG Venetubo amended, at the end of the flight the problem appeared, restarted FSX.I returned the original FSX.CFG and everything returned to normal.If you do not have the original FSX.CFG, make a backup copy, delete and resume the FSX.CFG FSX, the problem will probably disappear.When you finish a flight with the NGX, wait for the splash screen of FSX, if you click your mouse on anything before the screen appear, sometimes restarts FSX.I hope this helps.Joao Alfredo / SWGO Obs. Translated by Google

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

ok... put me down for the same problem. The crash only occurs when I "End Flight" to go back to the Free Flight menu. If I Exit FSX, then there are no errors. I have created a new FSX.CFG file as well as disabled all add-on modules and there is no change in behavior. The application error log has the following entry: Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e4346caException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00015173Faulting process id: 0xb14Faulting application start time: 0x01cc5a8bb5f0f69aFaulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport Id: 398aaa23-c67f-11e0-9585-b8a7f817f959 I know that the working directory is not optimal, but it has been working fine for a couple years and I'm not up for rebuilding my entire FSX environment, There are no UAC issues (disabled) and I have made sure that the aircraft.cfg files are not set to read only as has been noted in other posts. This is not a critical error, but more of an annoyance. I look forward to a fix. In the meantime I will enjoy flying this awesome aircraft! Scott Dell StudioXPS 435MTwindows 7 ultimate (64 bit)8gb ddr3 RAMlots of disk spaceIntel I7 920ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512 mb)

a search would have revealed that this is a known bug, a work around, an PMDG acknowledgement and probable cause ...

A mentioned in these posts the Aerosoft Airbus has the same CTD on exit problems which I don't think have ever been resolved. I gave up on my Aerosoft Airbus because of this, but interestingly the PMDG 737 NGX does not make my PC CTD on exit. Paul

- after I installed W7 SP1, the crash on exit is gone. This makes NO sense to me.

Peter Osborn

It happened with me. Try to disable UAC, disable antivirus and run FSX as administrator loading the bird in any airport. Then shutdown FSX and enable UAC, antivirus and try to enter again FSX without the need of administrator rights. Seems stupid but worked for me.Please post results.Adenilson

Hey guys..... I've the same problem :(Hey guys..... I've the same problem :(