Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

FSX crashes when exit.

I am just going to throw out what fixed all my problems as maybe it will help someone else. First thing I did was move the UIAutomationcore.dll file out of the WoW64, system32, and FSX directories. Some addon previously installed FSUIPC on my machine (may have been the PMDG 747). I registered it the other day to get the benefits of wind smoothing with REX. I just put my registration code into whatever version I had of FSUIPC and noticed a lot of functionality was missing (no wind smoothing, etc). Made a flight, crashed on exit, got bounced around by the wind. I went back to simMarket and downloaded the version off their website from my account page, installed it, made all my FSUIPC settings, closed FSX, restarted FSX and all my problems are gone. No freezes, no crashes on exit (even when using the ESC menu from fullscreen). Something having to do with rebuilding the FSUIPC.cfg file? I have also installed both of the PMDG hotfixes. No lag, stuttering, or crashes, and the dome light works! Good luck and maybe this will help someone.

Not sure I understand the crisis here. You are exiting anyway--done with flying. So what if you get a CTD? Nothing else is affected and all is well when you go flying the next time. Bigger problems to worry about than this.
If FSX does a CDT on exit, chances are your fsx.cfg file will not be updated, or may even get corrupted.Both are a concern. Also a CDT on EXIT is a symptom of something being "wrong", and that could be anything, and causing who know what to mess up on your PC. Geoff

Did you all install the hotfix from PMDG to cure the "freezes"? I did and since then all my crashes on exit are gone. It's just that simple. I did nothing more. Just the hotfix...So far it works for me.

Cheers, Christian

Did you all install the hotfix from PMDG to cure the "freezes"? I did and since then all my crashes on exit are gone. It's just that simple. I did nothing more. Just the hotfix...So far it works for me.
I got the issue after hotfix ...

Thanks Chev22 .. I might try that, but at the moment, the exit memory Error is my only "crash" problem, and I can live with that till SP1. "Better the devil you know" Alien.gif Geoff

I got the issue after hotfix ...
You mean you didn't have it before the hotfix? Wow, that's weird...

Cheers, Christian

You mean you didn't have it before the hotfix? Wow, that's weird...
exactly

Add me to the list. Just noticed 'end flight' after NGX crashes FSX. If I 'Exit' all ok.

Jose De Campos

London

i also have this issue. If i press esc or end flight through the fsx menu i get a CTD "FSX has stopped working" Only fix i have found is to select "exit" in the menu's.

Jason Aerts

I have got the same from day 1..Only with NGX no other aircrafts..It's been on th forum before.I exit from menu and FSX closes down ok.Hopfully SP1 will address it...

This has happened to me on every time I have closed down since the original installation of NGX. I suspect is is caused by the fact that PMDG do not use FSX type programming. Since it comes at the end of using FSX it is really no big deal. Bob Lyons