Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

FSX crashes when exit.

I too have this problem. End Flight=Crash Not everytime but a lot. Exit=Fine

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Actually i get this error when i choose ESC->End flight.
Same here, but not every time. Only with NGX. Says "fatal error occurred", my FSX box shows up in right hand corner of the screen. I then hit escape again and the small box appears asking me if I want to quit FSX. Anyway, no biggie I don' think ?? I have NO virus protection other than Windows fire wall and defender. The rig is ONLY used for FSX. John S

Same thing here I am running FSX with Acc. no any other plug-in installed, just PMDG 737, ati card, when I end flight, "fatal error occurred"

i have a FIX for crashes when closing FSX..this is what works for me...when done with a flight, exit and go to where u started in the "fly now" menu...next using task manager or manually close everything linked to FSX; fsinn, FSFDT,ect...last but not least using task manager click on fsx and end task....I NEVER HAVE A CRASH DOIN IT THAT WAY....other ways i try and i get the CTD...im new here so srry 4 not puttn a signature or anything else i for got......quick specs.. LAPTOP GATEWAY P7805U FX SERIES4gb upgraded to 8gbvista 64 ewww, upgraded to windows 7 64 yeahintel duo core 2.26nvida geforce 9800m gts 1gb PMDG 737NGXREX 2.0FSceneX FSXSAITEK MULTI, SWITCH AND RADIO PANELSPRO FLIGHT YOKE AND 2 THROTTLE QUADRANTS WITH CUSTOM LEVERSCH PEDDALSEXTRA KEYBOARD OVERHEAD WITH CUSTOM KEYSLAPTOP MONITER SCREEN SIZE 17.3INCHEXTRA MONITER 47INCH

Some time ago (a litlle year) I bought a new HDD. I did buy a SSD. Not that I thing that is the reasson, but I reinstalled my OS anf FSX incl. add-on's, and I never had the crash at the end since. Of course I do not know if my disk had a fail, but since so many others have the same problem, I think it is the reinstallation that did it.

This is a problem I have had with some aerosoft aircrafts, I would recommend deleting your fsx.cfg file (mine is in C:\Users\Jacob\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX) then rerun flight sim x and start at any airport and any aircraft, close flight sim after it has loaded then run this tool http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html <-- should help your frame rates too!

Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 9700k @ 5.1ghz | RTX 3090 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 RAM | 2 x Samsung Evo plus M.2.

I don't know if this will work for everyone but after months of CTD's on exit of FSX using 737NGX I stumbled on a post about a throttle issue I was having with a different plane. It said to try reloading a current version FSUIPC$4.

I have now been flying for weeks now with no CTD on exit. After months and months of CTD's as far as I can tell the problem is now fixed.

I have gone back and rerun the tutorials and everything seems fine.

I didn't remove or check to see which version of FSUPIC I did have and just ran the FSUIPC4 right after download.

It may help no one but at least it is something thats easy to try and as far as I can tell doesn't hurt anything.

Sometimes im getting a fatal error and the simulator will stop while im flying. Has anybody the same problem?

My specs: win os 7

I7 3.2

24 ram work memory

Ati 4 gb

And operating thie fs with some addons like: pmdg, ivao, rex and gex....

Hi.

When I had this problem I downloaded the free registry repair tool from the Flight1 website. Fixed the problem for me. Hope that helps.

Tony