Sign in to follow this  
arsdigital

SDK for cockipt builders

The SDK is apparently not going to be available to cockpit builders, only to hardware developers (Saitek, GoFlight, VRInsight etc.). sad.png

The SDK is apparently not going to be available to cockpit builders, only to hardware developers (Saitek, GoFlight, VRInsight etc.). sad.png
Is that official or just your guess Philip?

Don't know where the idea of the SDK being made available only to hardware developers came from but we didn't say that. It will be made available to everybody soon and it is up to the hardware developers if they want to make their devices work with the NGX. They all will eventually I'm sure... Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Don't know where the idea of the SDK being made available only to hardware developers came from but we didn't say that. It will be made available to everybody soon and it is up to the hardware developers if they want to make their devices work with the NGX. They all will eventually I'm sure... Cheers,
Thanks for clearing things up Jason

It was in the Introduction.pdf:

"Our goal is to allow hardware manufacturers to create their own drivers so that the hardware can be made compatible with our software, however so with the PMDG 737NGX we are going to be releasing to them an SDK that will allow hardware manufacturers to independently create drivers to ensure the highest degree of compatability." "The only restriction that we place on hardware developers is that these drivers must be provided at no cost to their customers." "...it will be made available a short time later to interested, known hardware developers!"
Whilst I really love the idea that the SDK will be released to all smile.png, the wording of the above seems to point to what I was saying.Apologies if I've misinterpreted it.

One more question Jasion, this SDK gives us access to the whole logic of the plane?Annunciators For example, push-buttons of the overhead, etc.? Could you give some more details until we have level access in the SDK?

When we has this sdk can we make some changes to our aircraft? Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

Phew thanks for that Jason. I'd also read and been worried by the quote above that inferred the SDK might not be available to all.

The PMDG 737 NGX Release Day has came and gone, and what a great day it was for "Desktop" flyers. However, us Cockpit Builders are still awaiting for the big day that PMDG releases the SDK's for the PMDG 737NGX. Therefore, PMDG staff please let the SDK's out, we've been waiting 5 years plus so many days...please! Thank you, John CombsBlueskydriverA cockpit builder

John As a Cockpit builder, maybe you can answser this one. There seems to be a trend with newer Aircraft addons, to only provide VC panels. Does the lack of 2D panels, affect Cockpit builders ,who still use additional Monitors to display panels, as opposed to going to 100% hardware panels. ? Geoff

HiWaiting for the SDK. We are many users that feel something is missing with this unbelievable software release. We have hardware we want to connect via the SDK.Our alternative, if we want to fly with our hardware setup and FSX/B737, is still only iFly.Do you have a release date for SDK. We need the SDK.Roar Kristensen

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Agree - SDK is needed ASAP to make this great plane complete - My Opencockpits MCP is begging to be connected to this!

VRInsight wants the SDK too Angel.gif could anyone from PMDG PM me an email address that the software developer at VRi can use to contact you about this please, you do not seem to have an email address anymore that is monitored, thanks.

Cheers, Andy.