Sign in to follow this  
Brenchen

HUD Projection Question

Hi devs/captains, I am slightly puzzled. Have a look at this image below, focus on the project I have circled in yellow: ngx_hud.jpg On the left illustration with yellow circle, it shows that the direction indicator has been cutoff by the glare-shield. While when I zoom in a bit (right illustration), it shows the complete indicator. When I try to focus on it, I see that the green projection is displaying in between the glare-shield and the wipers (in front of wipers, behind glare-shield). So when I think about it, if I am correct, the projector for the HUD comes from BEHIND the glass. So shouldn't all the HUD information be visible regardless of what the background is? Even it's projected IN FRONT of the glass (towards the nose), shouldn't we still see the green projection in full anyway? Please help me to understand? Thank you.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

This is an FSX limitation I believe (Ryan mentioned it a few weeks back)

Ah ok, do you mind point me to that thread please? Lots have happened in the past few days, so don't know where to even look for it. And I assume this cannot be fixed?

Brendan Chen

Brenchen (name?), If you have your landing lights on, that's what's causing the data to be cut off. It's an FSX limitation, and as Ryan has said elsewhere in the forums, they spent a great deal of time trying to overcome it without being successful.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I see. Thanks for the feedback. Sorry, my name is Brendan :)

Brendan Chen