Sign in to follow this  
kianus

Panel and airfraft freeze.

Hi. Right after takeoff (ENGM) i get a strange panel and aircraft freeze. I cant push any buttons or control the aircraft with my yoke. It just freezes the control inputs and panel - and continues fly.Whats strange is that all other thing works.. (change the view, etc) This has happened a couple of times now.

I've also had this a few times at different stages of flight, sometimes 5mins in and sometimes at cruise or the climb and even after landing... really annoying and can't seem to see why its happening :/

This is also occurring on my system. Haven't had a successful flight yet. Not sure if it's a memory issue?

My buttons are not working at all!!! I have black panels and nothing is working in the cockpit!

same here including an out of memory crash, when ac is C & D at the gate.same PC runs LDS 76 with no issue :(Did only one t/o and with all panel freez (2d and VC) flew old schoole,heads out with guessing speed :S Ran through the intro doc + fsx setup + fsx.cfg E8400 2G RAM, GF250 GTX Win7 32.

It might be useful is the guys that are experiencing this post their system specs. FWIW I've had this bug with other planes in FSX, its not just an NGX problem.

Gents, For anyone having this freezing issue, please provide as much information as possible. When it happened, what you were doing before it happened, what your performance info was (Weight, cost index, cruise alt), what your route was. Anything you can think of, can help the guys sort this out.

That is strange Im flying the plane for 2 hours and she is sweet. Make sure you follow the steps in the introduction file. Abdull

Hi there an i5 3.2 Ghz, GF 250 GTX, 4gig Ram, Win 7 64 bit and clean install of FSX, practically nothing else on it and its dedicated to FSX the computer. The incident just 10mins ago was after taxiing onto the runway for takeoff in Virtual Cockpit all the route punched in for a flight to Stansted I was turning on the active after having turned the lights on and the control collums stuck 'left' and the aircraft had 'frozen' as such, it was still able to move but control surfaces had frozen, flap lever, spoilers, various knobs and switches did nothing to the Display Unit(s). Also don't get me wrong she works fine as well, I've flown a return to mainland Spain from London today too for 6hours nonstop with a turn-a-round and re-programming the FMC and she worked fine so its really weird... Hope we can resolve this as its a cracking plane.

I have AMD Phenom II 965, XFX HD5870, 4GB RAM, installed on SSD, Win7 64bit, and just freshly installed FSX computer.Was flying from ENGM to ENRY, happened just after takeoff. Airplane continued to climb, but could not control it what so ever.

I can confirm this as well. Haven't landed a successful flight yet. Everything while sitting at the gate and taxiing seems to be ok, but soon after takeoff and always with the autopilot engaged I'm getting random CTD or "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working." Don't think it's my specs as they are pretty decent, and I've followed all the setup guidelines in the Intro. My suspicion is it's some sort of memory error.

Brandon Burkley

I experience the same freeze ups. What's strange is, that I took the NGX for a short spin this afternoon and all went well. It was not before tonight (ca. 8PM CEST) that it started freezing up. The DU's, CDU and switches loose almost all functionality after a short while. My specs are:AMD Phenom II X720BE @ 3.2GHz4GB RAMWindows 7 x64

Well, I tried to takeoff from KBFI, all freeze. Then i restarted my system, and flew from Oslo to Palma Mallorca, EET 3:47 and no problems what so ever.

It seems to be an on/ off issue but thing is the rest of FSX is working fine whilst it happens it seems the aircraft itself is affected in that we effectively lose control of it and it 'freezes' although does not crash as it continues 'flying' or moving.

It seems to be an on/ off issue but thing is the rest of FSX is working fine whilst it happens it seems the aircraft itself is affected in that we effectively lose control of it and it 'freezes' although does not crash as it continues 'flying' or moving.
Hmm weird. I haven't experienced this. Mine just crashes, sometimes without notification or anything, FSX just completely shuts down instantaneously and I find myself back on the desktop sad.png

Brandon Burkley