Sign in to follow this  
Andydigital

Some VC Click Spots INOP

The click spots for 6, 7, 8 and 9 on page 0.00.41 of the introduction do not seem to be there at all. The annotations on the screenshot seem to be incorrect. But what the heck - that will be sorted in the fullness of time and the overall effect of this aircraft is amazing. im Not Worthy.gif Would like to use the VC correctly - is it necessary to buy Track IR for best effect or will EZDOK be OK - vast difference in price between the two (and the price for the headset clip is horrendous - at least to a pensioner).

By the way the sounds not working issue that I mentioned earlier in the thread was unrelated and due to me messing around with RAMdiscs, that's all done away with now and I'm back to a conventional setup but I still have a problem with none functioning Click spots for many of the features that should work and did work that one time only.

Cheers, Andy.

Ok, may help some who had issues with vc and switches not working.I've not had much time with sim yet but I'd installed and went for quick play, to set up my controllers etc...when the plane first loaded all seemed fine then after doing a few tweaks to controllrs and ezdok profiles I noticed non of the vc worked on the main cockpit. I thought it was either something I'd done with fspuic or ezdok. Reinstalled, tried adding deleting liveries etc but issue still the same, then I notice comment about first officer view still working, and it does if you select it from ezdok.I concluded that it's some issues with ezdok, and the default 738 profile that loads, because whe n i tried the b739 i didnt have the issues because ezdok doesnt load any profile as such for the 739....and simply to fix it I duplicated the first officer view and then moved it over to the captains side, and saved it. Deleted the default captains view. And now I have no vc cockpit click issues.Now in my efforts to fix this, a couple of things I did do also, i had resinstalled fspuic, then went into the dll.cfg and moved fspuic below the hgs entry, I also made sure my fsinn entry was last, and finally the formatting on the hugs entry seemed different to all other entries with regard spacing etc, so I modified to look like the others. I don't know if any of these also helped but the ezdok confliction seemed to be the route cause and removing the default pilot one and replacing it with first officer one seemed to remove my vc issues, other than that all seems good with sim.

Guys,Strip it down to basics - disable EZ Dok in exe.xml so that it doesn't run, then try again and see if the issue is still there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guys,Strip it down to basics - disable EZ Dok in exe.xml so that it doesn't run, then try again and see if the issue is still there.
I've tried that already Ryan, I even removed EZDock completely from my PC and restored all the aircraft configs I've even reinstalled the 737 about 8 times now too, and no dice. I mentioned all of this previously in this thread, but I'll let you off because I know you don't have time to reread this thread at the moment because you guys are so busy.

Cheers, Andy.

OK guys I think I've fixed this one, its due to FSUIPC and probably related to the same Parking Brake assignment bug spoken of in the Intro Manual. I simply removed the joystick, buttons and keys section from the FSUIPC4.ini i.e. the ones that are not associated with profiles or aircraft specific themselves and all this click spots start working again. I'll try do some more testing to prove which setting in FSUIPC it is that is interfering. So glad I sorted this out, I wish it hadn't involved a complete OS reinstall for me though to rule out a system error.

Cheers, Andy.

It doesn't appear to be the parking brake assignment, must be some other custom setting I had in one of those three non aircraft specific or non profile sections. i.e. [buttons] [JoystickCalibration] or [Keys] sections, no idea what though.

Cheers, Andy.

Wow, but clickspots 7, 8, 9 are pretty much in the center of the DUs, or am I missing something?? sig.gif

I've never had a problem with the click spots in the centre of the displays they were several of a few that were actually working properly while the rest were not for me. Removing those three sections from the FSUIPC.ini seems to have fixed the click spot issues I was having and that's including all variants of the NGX. FSUIPC will still recreate default versions of those sections devoid of any custom settings you may have made. I still do not know which custom setting was causing the issue though.

Cheers, Andy.