Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adraesh

Trouble on FSX multiplayer session

Guest Adraesh

Hello all ! We are a french multiplayer gamespy session on FSX (PRAETORIANS-FS), and we encountred some trouble with the new PMDG 737NGX. Firstwall we developed an C# server application based on the sniffing packets method using WinPCap assembly to manage our own fsx gamespy session. As u know it's the only way to manage a session on Gamespy. Our server application allow us to retrieves somes datas (position, altitude, speed etc ...), but the most important thing that we can retrieves and calculate it's the average of UDP packets send by the players to server. And we realize that the 737NGX send a hudge UDP packets and create desynchronizations and fall Framerates of all the players in our session. Don't worry, we know this problem because in the past we have the same trouble with a Real Air aircraft (Duke B60). We entered in contact with the dev team of Real Air and especially Sean and Rob (http://www.realairsimulations.com/content2.php?page=support). After some emails discutions, Sean with the collabority of Geoff of FSMP session (admin@fs-mp.com) the only person who works a long time in the UDP packet transfer on FSX Gamepsy session, succeeded to fix this problem. So, we did a test an we have a screenshot for u and as u can see the average of sending packets per minute is very very high for the 737NGX and create desynchronization and fall down framerates of all players connected on the gamespy session. To fix this trouble you must to check your embedded xml code in .mdl files witch is triggering some multiplayers events and so, sending lots of useless packets and still create desynchronization and fall down FPS in the multiplayers GAMESPY sessions. You should to contact Sean of Real Air, he succeeded to fix this trouble on his Duke B60 after we talked about that. We had never any trouble with all the other PMDG products on our multiplayer gamespy session. PS : Please do all u can do to fix this trouble, we really want to fly with the most better addon in the world ... EDIT : Our server isn't on a personal internet line, he is on a professional line, on a professional datacenter localised in Paris. pmdg_737_packets.jpg

Guest Adraesh

Can u please pinned this topic, it's a really important question.

Hmm seems to be the Reason why all ngx Players get disconnected after some Minutes from our Server.Is there anyone which gas similar Problems.Chris

Excuse me you want us to redesign our entire code featuring a fully modelled jet airliner and all its systems so that it runs on your own MP server with your own "home" software ?

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Hello,Actually i forgot to say that i was Talking about one of the biggest Server in Germany, we have a long History and an International flair due Players from all around the Globe.I hope that helps.Greetings Chris

Excuse me you want us to redesign our entire code featuring a fully modelled jet airliner and all its systems so that it runs on your own MP server with your own "home" software ?
No ! Course not ! The PMDG 737 NGX is perfect. I remind you that we run our session on the classical multiplayer FSX system ! We don't use any IVAO, VATSIM and FSInn session which are alternative ways to flight connected. It would be beneficial for PMDG to contact RealAir Simulations which experiment this kind of problem. We are not telling your that PMDG have to recode all the systems and something like that ! Some pieces of code are simply triggering some network packets that should not be triggered. I agree that it's hard to understand but this problem is killing the GameSpy community and we don't want this plane does not fly on default FSX multiplayer system.

Guest Adraesh
Hello, Actually i forgot to say that i was Talking about one of the biggest Server in Germany, we have a long History and an International flair due Players from all around the Globe. I hope that helps. Greetings Chris
We know your session and your reputation Chris, HHG is the most important community on GameSpy. It will be cool that we enter in contact maybe u have some tips about gamespy session or other. But as u know, for this trouble it does not depend on our session.

We know your session and your reputation Chris, HHG is the most important community on GameSpy. It will be cool that we enter in contact maybe u have some tips about gamespy session or other. But as u know, for this trouble it does not depend on our session.
As you know HHG Players mostly connect directly via Lan session, we have a very state of the Art Internet connection and are mostly the Server with the most Players Online on Gamespy even if most of them are connected directly.The main issue is that we had so many new Planes and Addons over the Years and never had such an issue with a new Model.I hope someone can take care of this because i am sure they would enjoy use the new NGX on that Server.Greetungs Chris

Just to people understand what I mean, we are really a fsx default multiplayer, our home software is just "an extra software". Hippy Happy Germany have an extra home software too (Chris correctly if I say a mistake) but we use the default multiplayer system too often forgotten during the phases of beta-testing new addons. fsx_server.png

I think thats the Problem, Using the "normal way" to Play FSX on Multiplayer was maybe not tested or not on a Server which has a bigger amount of Players via Gamespy or direct Network connection. Greetings Chris

Guest Adraesh
I think thats the Problem, Using the "normal way" to Play FSX on Multiplayer was maybe not tested or not on a Server which has a bigger amount of Players via Gamespy or direct Network connection. Greetings Chris
Chris you know as us that is not normal that biggest Gamespy sessions are put on the side ... And not contact for the Beta testing phase ... and it's not for lack of trying

However, i didnt really need to be a Beta tester but the Players which wanna Fly their new NGX cant do it and thats sad. We are a Multiplayer Community for Rookies and People which start with FSX, many enjoy learning and Flying on that Server and i just wonder why nobody noticed a similar issue on other Servers. Chris

Guest Adraesh

I only hope that PMDG will try to find a issue of this trouble using the indications that we can share with us ...

Goodevening, Just some information to find out what it is.Ive the some problems joining HHG, everybody has. Its very confusing, sometimes I come through and can join HHG with my NGX but other times I already get a fatal error before it's going to load.Ive no problems with smaller servers only with the big servers with about 50 ppl I had a sort of the same problem with my cls 767, I could only join small servers, above about 15 ppl I got a fatal error at the end of the loading phase, so not before it was going to load.Right here is their answer: http://www.commerciallevel.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9941Vague answer, dont know if this is the same problem as the ngx too.

Goodevening, Just some information to find out what it is.Ive the some problems joining HHG, everybody has.Its very confusing, sometimes I come through and can join HHG with my NGX but other times I already get a fatal error before it's going to load.Ive no problems with smaller servers only with the big servers with about 50 ppl I had a sort of the same problem with my cls 767, I could only join small servers, above about 15 ppl I got a fatal error at the end of the loading phase, so not before it was going to load.Right here is their answer: http://www.commercia...?showtopic=9941Vague answer, dont know if this is the same problem as the ngx too.
This is a different Issue. Pilots with some CLS aircarft in their Hanger (simobjects folder), can experience this hang up, if a plane joins the session that SUBSTITUTES to a particular CLS aircraft. See CLS forum, DC10 for a detailed post on this subject. GeoffFSMP