Sign in to follow this  
el_capitan

How can i tune ADF2

Where are the knobs to tune ADF2? There is only on the captain´s side a possibility to tune ADF1. On the EFIS Control Panel there is a switch to select ADF2 on the PFD. Is this not ment to be used? Thank you for your help. Rudy Knott

Hey Rudy, There is only ADF1, it is a quirk of the NG's (the real NG!) that ADF2 switch is there but non-functional. Boeing adjusted equipment to remove the second ADF in one of the NG upgrades, but left the switch in the cockpits. all the bestJR

- Jane Whittaker

We'll throw some inop stickers on there for the service pack to avoid confusion.
but make them as discreet as possible please :)

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

You mean you wouldn't like 6 inch strips of orange duct tape? LOL.gif
Just imaging it want make me wanna puke :)

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Well, if it was there on earlier models, would it not be possible to add it as a selectable option considering that some of the older airframes may still have an ADF2? I too noticed this but I just thought that the selector was moved to some random place on the NG and wasn't really bothered trying to find it. Guess that explains that.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Well, if it was there on earlier models, would it not be possible to add it as a selectable option considering that some of the older airframes may still have an ADF2?
+1

We'll throw some inop stickers on there for the service pack to avoid confusion.
I can already see the result of that in my mind: "PMDG claimed that every switch in the cockpit works, but now there is visible proof in the cockpit that they lied to us"!

I was about to ask the same question on a flight to UWWW. Can't seem to find the ADF2 knobs after carefully looking at the radio panel.

I would also like to see that the ADF2 is a selectable option in the FMS for people who want it or not. I would prefer to have the ADF2. Otherwise it makes my CPFlight ADF2 hardware useless.

Edited by KingCat

Mine has the INOP stickers?Bert Van Bulck

I would also like to see that the ADF2 is a selectable option in the FMS for people who want it or not. I would prefer to have the ADF2. Otherwise it makes my CPFlight ADF2 hardware useless.
Most real life NG's do not have dual ADFs - any real life NG pilot who knowingly wants to perform an NDB approach in IMC when a more precise VOR, ILS or RNAV approach exists is suicidal if you ask me. NDBs are on their way out permanently.
Mine has the INOP stickers?Bert Van Bulck
If you have SP1b installed, yes it should.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sorry I just a quick question. Can you use ADF1 during ILS approaches? Obviously I have to use NAV1 to tune the ILS frequency, but once I have LOC/GS capture can I switch to ADF1 if there is ndb on the glideslope?Thanks!KrisYYZ

Kristof Barocz
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Most real life NG's do not have dual ADFs - any real life NG pilot who knowingly wants to perform an NDB approach in IMC when a more precise VOR, ILS or RNAV approach exists is suicidal if you ask me. NDBs are on their way out permanently.
Like I said. Make it an option. If you don't want it, don't use it. But maybe there are people who would like to use it (even if it's not done in the real world). Ever flown into LOWI? Plenty of NDB's to use on your way in or out of LOWI :wink:Sure they are dissappearing over the next few years. But we can still use them for a long time in FSX.In fact today I flew an NDB approach into CYVR with the NGX to runway 8R. And that wasn't in IMC conditions (and no I didn't kill myself). In that approach you need 2 NDB's. So it would be nice if I didn't have to switch over between the two of them just before the DH (the second NDB is for the missed approach), as I already have my hands full on the NGX and I don't have a FO.So if you ask me, make it an option and everybody will be happy.